Feddback X9S

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by laola, Nov 24, 2017.

1. laola

laola Member

Hi Zidoo-Team,

after flashing the new FW 1.4.16 and insatlled the latest official Kodi (17.6) - this wasn't successfulat all (lot of FC while using external player with wrapper).

However, then I decided to give ZDMC a try hence this was also already "upgraded" to 17.6. And I must really say - this is the best Kodi experince I ever had. Playing 4k HDR (incl. Dolby Atmos or DTX:X) flawlessly as well 3D ISO's. All other stuff (1080p / 720p) as well, too - no stuttering, no issues at all. Refresh rate changing perfect while always having the 4k resolution enabled. Picture quality much, much better then with a Win10 HTPC or Raspberry Pi 3.

Also the LiveTV plug-in (DVB viewer woth 50Hz refresh rate) is working well - no issues at all. So in the moment this box is my mainly driver (instead of a Win10 HTPC (with gforce 1060 for 4k HDR supprt) or Raspberry Pi 3) - also my wife did stop to complain because the system is running just smooth. So a big thanks from my side.

There is just one little thing which would make the box perfect. The LiveTV audio is stereo only (internal player) - no multi-channel (5.1) support as it is with the same plug-in and system setting with the Windows10 HTPC. So when this would be also fixed the box will be perfect in my point of view

2. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

ZDMC skips frames in 23.976 fps videos. Just press Shift+Ctrl+O and you will see the info about skipped frames.

3. laola

laola Member

well - this is why I said it is for ME good - while viewing a vidoe I don't notice stuttering or skipped frames - so even it will be reportet by the system - I don't care because I don't see it...

4. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

Feedback is supposed to help developers fix problems and make the product better. The "I don't see it" doesn't help. The technical info that I said (info about skipped frames) helps the community (owners) and the product.

5. laola

laola Member

Sometimes a positive feedback is also helpful. But i agree there is still room for improvement (dsee the notice about the LiveTV sound).

Btw - when selecting auto refresh rate in the general settings (playback), then I am seeing some stuttering. When this option is turned off, everything is playing smooth (ZDMC display setting - 4k / 60Hz),.