ZDMC release 20.1 (x8/x9s/x10)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by bob, Jul 31, 2017.

1. X8fan

X8fan Member

I tried Enabling and disabling Refresh rate switch, zdmc 17.6 still crashes no matter what

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

refresh rate has nothing to do with the use external player crash, no amount of on/off will fix that crash

X8fan likes this.
  3. X8fan

X8fan Member

That’s good to know, so I don’t have to waste time trying different settings.

What is the exact cause of this? Hopefully it’s not hardware related? That would be bad. At least if software then maybe one day in future this will be fixed :confused:o_O

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

turn off " use external player " , if you want to use external player just use the media center outside zdmc

5. tosh123

tosh123 Member

On outside KODI is there a recommended tool for android to do this? I remember EZ-Explorer wich was blown up with adverts and other bad things...

6. Headhunter

Headhunter New Member

For Backup/Restore I use the Kodi Add-On named "Backup" (in the category "Programs"):

1. First you edit the settings, so that all files are included in the backup (all switches on).
    2. Then you create a backup and save it e.g. to a SMB network share (I use a SMB share to my internal hard disc).
    3. Now exit ZDMC and uninstall it. This might lock your box for some time, especially when you have a lot of add-ons, skins etc. installed in ZDMC. Just wait a minute and let it finished deleting all the files in the background.
    4. Install the new version of ZDMC.
    5. Start ZDMC and wait some seconds to let it do its first initialisation.
    6. Now install the Backup Add-On again and edit the settings like before. Ensure you have set the same backup path as before.
    7. Now (for safety) exit ZDMC and start it again.
    8. Start the Backup Add-On and select "Restore". The Add-On should now show you your backup you created before. Select it and start the restore process.
    9. The Add-On might show you some warnings (especially when you are upgrading to a new version). You can ignore them and continue. If the Add-On recommends to restart ZDMC, do so. The restore process will continue automatically after restart.
    10. After the restore process has finished, exit and restart ZDMC.
    Done! :)

7. antenna

antenna New Member

Zidoo built-in file manager app does the job very well.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  8. Max69

Max69 New Member

1.4.12 or 1.4.16?
    Thanks

9. tosh123

tosh123 Member

Define better!
    If you will play HDR movies on a non-HDR TV you have to use 1.4.16 f.e.
    I don't see any reason for not upgrading to 1.4.16.

10. Max69

Max69 New Member

Better = More stable and less bugs.

My TV is HDR.

Thanks

11. Davicom

Davicom Member

I'll try it. Thanks

12. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

there is banding when using the YcBcR 4.4.4 10Bit, this problem is not present with the FW 1.4.6, one must choose AUTO but in this case the zidoo sends a signal 12Bit instead of the 10Bit.

13. Gianmaria

Gianmaria Member

I wanted to install the 1.4.6 version but since i have the 1.4.12 i get this message "Verification failed. the upgrade package is lower than the current version". How Can i do It?

14. Davicom

Davicom Member

Sorry, but i tried, like you said 4.4.4 Ycbcr 4.2.2 and 4.2.0 even 10bit: i can't see anything difference. Every time the same part of the same movie. Nothing changes respect Auto deep and Auto mode

15. Michele985

Michele985 New Member Beta test group

On latest 17.6 build on my x9s i notice a little delay showing background image of movies (i use cover flow view).

(clean library setup, movie info already scraped)

16. cobric

cobric Member

@bob - why won't you push sources to your git repo for all ZDMC versions? Please can you upload sources for 17.6 version?

Thank you

17. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

probably because zidoo reads the forum even less than before

18. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

https://github.com/zidootech/ZDMC/tree/zdmc-rtk-17.6

PacoRabanne likes this.
  19. cobric

cobric Member

20. After this last update the ZDMC does not work anymore, the network error and everything but the Kodi 17.6 is perfect. When I delete zdmc, this OTa finds the SMB network without giving error and everything normal. I do not know if the error is in the ZDMC or in the new OTA