Root for X9S

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Greynium, Sep 24, 2016.

1. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

spring, if possible, lets try to make X9S able to be both full unrooted and full rooted, so users that continuosly complains about app thta don't want root access are able to use those apps.
    And other like me that refuses at all to use this kind of horrible app and like to have full device control will be happy to play around.
    Thanks in advance!

2. Burick graham

Burick graham Member

I rooted the device already. Problem is when i try to download supersu it fails. Even when i try to sideload it it fails to install. Search root files there was a supersu.apk there. It too was unable to install when tried

3. PacoRabanne

Burick graham, confirm.
    I will not root until a Zidoo method will be released.

4. nemeth

nemeth New Member

It was possible to install SuperSu from the market only after creating the following path manualy /data/data/eu.chainfire.supersu but I would not recommend to do so because my box went completely unstable, unresponsive and rebooted every several minutes. So SuperSu was uninstalled and everything became normal

5. Burick graham

Burick graham Member

Sucks. I need it badly. The unit is perfect once it gets enabled

6. Burick graham

Burick graham Member

Any update?

7. Giacarta

Giacarta New Member

Hi all, I was wondering if anybody has managed to root the X9S?

My issue is that I have a 3TB HFS+ disk and can't get it onto kodi's library because Paragon (the best app to get hFS or NTFS disk onto android) requires root access.

Can you help?

8. Burick graham

Burick graham Member

9. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

No need to bump or flood with ROOT they are working on this. They want to create a root app with unroot because when they will issue the root app sure HIDE ROOT will pop up and flood the forum with it. There is a way to root X9S actually, if root is absolutly need use the lan root method. For now X9S have problem reporting root on some app impairing the use of device for paid or legal use of streaming app and this is for me a serious problem specialy in country where company are govern by national autority.

10. Burick graham

Burick graham Member

I've used that method but I could not install supersu

11. PacoRabanne

Agree with Sarco. My very same opinion.

Anyway a feedback from Zidoo is welcome...

12. cyber7

cyber7 Active Member Beta test group

Me too. AND I believe if Zidoo just gave some indication they are working on this will be a step in the right direction. It has been almost a year and ... nothin?

Come on @spring , you guys can do better...

13. cobric

cobric Member

14. cyber7

15. cobric

cobric Member

This app also have "unroot" option. I use it for ROOT, and then UNROOT before updating system to newer firmware. Just wanted to help, don't need to be insulting...

16. cyber7

That is not the question...
    @cobric The problem is that (1)/system/xbin/su exists and (2)it seems the openwrt gives the idea of root...

So, does not matter how many times you unroot (or delete the /su binary) some stream-providers still sees this box as rooted!

Zidoo is well aware of this problem...

17. cobric

cobric Member

OK, didn't know that, probably it doesn't effect my usage of the box (I don't use payed streaming apps). Sorry...