3D BDISO playback issues

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Mick Wong, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Mick Wong

Mick Wong New Member

I just got my X9S and rather disappointed by its performance after I tested with some 3D BDISOs using the media centre. Both video and audio keep stuttering even though they are played from my NAS via gigabit LAN connection. This is bad compared with my old Himedia Q5 Quad which can handle them perfectly.

Scenes with high bit-rate (3DMVC and HD audio) are worse. I am not sure if this is bandwidth problem, but Himedia can do it well with the same setup. Is there any trick/tweak on X9S that I can try to improve?

Thanks.

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

make sure sure on latest firmware, are you using samba on NFS ? ( some report better results with NFS )
    also take a USB stick or something and do a local test

3. Mick Wong

Mick Wong New Member

I am using Samba, same with Himedia box, kind of surprised that gigabit connection can't handle below 100mb/s bitrate. Even if it can play smoothly local, it defeats the purpose of the box.

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

its just a test, i was able to play up to 200 mb/s ( 300 did shutter ) i think it has to do with the buffer or something,

5. Mick Wong

Mick Wong New Member

Do you know how to tweak the buffer?

6. Mick Wong

Mick Wong New Member

Just tried the new 1.4.16 firmware, still the same issues here.

7. MicleCh

MicleCh New Member

What NAS you do use? If QNAP, try NFS protocol.

8. Mick Wong

Mick Wong New Member

Mine is Synology. I tried NFS, results were good and playback was smooth, but I prefer SMB which should be able to do the job. Interesting that some poeple in the other thread also suggested that SMB has better performance. The new 1.4.16 firmware is actually very buggy, some SMB shares can't be accessed except the first time and returning "unknown error". Since this product has been launched for quite a while, I decided to buy it because I thought it was stable. I hope Zidoo can fix the media center bugs and optimize SMB throughput in next firmware release.

9. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

yah, SMB sure needs an update. they are still on SMB1 protocol