Tips and tricks. Unofficial guides and fixes. User edition.

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by HaoSs, Dec 7, 2016.

1. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

sda1 is not the internal memory, should be external HDD. i don't think it has a mount point for the free internal storage
    see your router settings, ip may be 192.168.x.x

2. Davicom

Davicom Member

ok i understood that. I knowed my zidoo's ip but stay the problem I can't access when i put on browser 192.168.1.IPZIDOO....can I continue the same with the guide? it's normal? not very convenient, because it's like openwrt isn't configure on the same network of zidoo

3. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

if you can acces trough 127.0.0.1 using box browser, you should also be able to access it using box ip again using the box browser

4. Davicom

Davicom Member

I can not even access trough 127.0.0.1 by browser,but until two days I could...i don't know what i did, maybe the installation of a packet i tought should be helpful...but now i don't remember the name :D

5. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

reflash box

6. Davicom

Davicom Member

i found the packet...can I remove it and try before reflash? or it isn't advisable not to do so???

7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

does not matter really, just re flash, openwrt is easy breakable , happen to me a few times just by messing with settings

8. Davicom

Davicom Member

ok thank you for quickly support

9. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

careful with the reflash, fallow the guide, not responsable if you mess up

10. Davicom

Davicom Member

It's cleare you aren't responsible for my mistakes. I'll be careful and hope all right ok

11. Davicom

Davicom Member

Ok i did it all, now i can access with 192.168.1.ipzidoo, and samba share udisk1 (attached) & udisk2 (attached), but i still can't share internal memory. I'm trying to add at folder share in samba configuration, but it's hard because i can't know the directory path of internal memory. If I go to Kodi, install addon from zip file, i can see internal memory like "External Memory Device --> /storage/emulated/0". Can someone give me a tips to resolve?

EDIT i focuse attention on openwrt-->nas service--> samba: Here you can put Share home directories = 1 , setting default (i don't know more) and you can add "Shared directories" , at the moment disk_usb1 & disk_usb2

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  12. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Why would you want to use internal memory anyway ? That's a bad idea

13. Davicom

Davicom Member

well for me is clear: free access to directories, avoid copying and pasting from internal memory to external disks to transfer a file with samba. For example, download a file to "/download" directory, you will need to copy it to an external drive for share it at this point: where is the convenience?

14. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

don't understand what you mean

15. Davicom

Davicom Member

If you download by X10 chrome browser a file, this file will be put on Internal Memory --> Download and you can't have access to it by pc, smartphone or other remote device in network

16. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

ill see when i get home, should be able to mount download directory and share it trough samba

17. Davicom

Davicom Member

I tought: i think this problem (cannot share home device) is related with the problem you can't (or at least me) install addon in zdmc from internal memory. Could it be a solution the guide: "how to root your zidoo?" (If it is also valid for X10)

18. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

openwrt and android os are 2 different systems, problem is not related

19. natebizzle

natebizzle New Member

Is it possible to write to an external USB HD using any other app than the ZIDOO explorer?

I installed Solid Explorer due to it's SFTP and dual pane support so I could copy files from my Mac directly to the external USB HD I have connected to the X7. The problem is that when I try and copy files from the SFTP to the external HD, Solid Explorer asks me to grant the app permission to write to the drive. When I click to grant permission nothing happens. I downloaded Solid Explorer on my phone to test this using the attached SD card. It gives me the same alert to grant permission to the SD, when I click to grant the permission, another window pops up and allows me to select the root of the SD card to grant permission to the app and it works just fine. Is there a way this permission can be fixed on the X7?

20. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

This is a topic for discovered guide/tricks. Post your question under x7 forum