4K resolution / Settings /

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Gotcha91fr, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Gotcha91fr

Gotcha91fr New Member

Hi community,

i've question, why the X9s doesn't keep my screen resolution 4k in screen parameter ? After some time the 4k resolution is switched automatically in 1080p in the settings... :-(

Do you have this issue?

thank you in advance for your reply...

2. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Even if you set the device to 4K the device will go back if when powering on there is no signal from tv. What I mean is you must power on your tv first, some tv take longer to start specialy smart tv. Some tv will also turn back by default to 1080p if no input detect. In majority of case when handshake happen tv will change to 4K. Make sure tv is on, not just 1 sec before starting Zidoo. I think this will help you if not I don't know.

3. HDMax

HDMax New Member

I have the same problem...it started in v1.4.6 ... it was good before that !
    For me it happens when the box is turned off through CEC. Next time I power it on, the goes to 1080p and ignores my setting.

4. MicleCh

MicleCh New Member

I have the same problem.

5. wrx

wrx New Member

6. kayama728

kayama728 Member Beta test group

probably it is the cable, i had same problem, then i change cable with a fiber cable
    if problem is on start only, you have to turn on tv or vpr and amplifier before zidoo

7. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

It's about the EDID security of HDMI
    Maybe we can add a lock resolution function.

8. Sarco

The danger with a lock will be people locking themself with wrong setting, make sure remote will be able to unlock and change resolution.

9. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

I first turn on the tv, the receiver and then the zidoo, and I have no problem.

i think like Sarco, i'm not sure it's a good idea.

10. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

I had a WDTV media player that I wrongly set on a TV unsupported resolution, so blank screen.
    Panic!
    Luckily there was a recovery solution (a button on the box itself to cycle between resolution).
    So, a resolution lock must have a simple recovery solution. May be enough to hold down a IR remote button or a sequence (but what happens if remote fail?) or another HW trick...
    OlivierQC, strangely, if I start TV before X9S, sometimes TV don't see the box. I've to wait until "HELLO" appeas on display to be sure and then power on TV. This don't happens if I do a reboot...

11. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

@PacoRabanne

it happens to me if I turn on the zidoo before the receiver.

I suppose it comes from the receiver

12. MicleCh

MicleCh New Member

With old players (may be IconBit) for reset resolution to standart was needed press reset button on turn on player.

13. Sarco

One of the reason I stop answering request here (I check this forum many time each day) come from lack of information from user. For example if user only put their country of origin in there profile it could help a lot. Other infos could also be in signature, tv modele, avr, switch and so on. People also put their tv on top of all like they have everything... Wrong wrong wrong... Each tv have hdmi capabilities and so on again. Just an example, user in setting put 12bit for tv, in 1080p it doesn't have impact, but they tried to select 2160p then problem pop up. They use avr switch tv zidoo but when something goes wrong damn zidoo is culprit...

14. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Sarco, maybe I'll try to add my TV model and specification (hope correct if I find them) in my signature.
    You also can write yours in english instead in french (comprehensible by me, similar to italian, but not for everyone) ;)
    P.S. only TV and TV Box? No AV receivers, amplifiers, video processors, etc. ? Currently mine is only X9S and TV (LG 55B6D).

15. Sarco

I have lot of configuration, when watching 4K from zidoo I use direct link to tv, when watching download 1080p (most of the time) the signal go via a switch 2x4 arc compatible. All sound are received from tv arc and sent to small bluray home theater by the switch. When using 3D theater signal pass thru switch and 3D processor then tv (same setting of 1080p). Of course I have to manualy change hdmi wire when watching 4K from Zidoo but this doen't bother me, most of the time I use my XBox One S to watch 4K bluray or H265 10 bit 1080p downloaded movies. VLC for XBox do not support yet 4K h265 so this is why I use my X9S.