Feedback SD card problems

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by bobsthedog, Sep 30, 2016.

1. color
    There is no mention of a fix for this in FW v1.4.5

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

What are the specs of your card? Did you retry it?

3. Will check when I'm home

4. I think it is this one.

Attached Files:

5. Nice Monkey

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  6. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

How did you do for that? Can you show your steps.

7. I bought a new memory card and delete the partition on a computer. I put it into the Zidoo X9s and went to setting > storage. The the memory card shows up as unsupported so i click on it and select format as internal storage. After that it gives me a warning saying the memory card is slow and I click ok. Next it will ask me if i want to move my apps to the sd card and i click later. I am then returned to the setting > storage menu and my sd card will be listed there but under portable storage not as internal storage.

dft601 likes this.
  8. Nice Monkey

All steps seem correct but the very last message here reads "Your SD card is all set to use with photos and other media".
    Next indeed it shows up as Portable Storage not as Internal (also after a reboot) Problem confirmed! When used on another device it is not readable though, so it may have been formatted correctly but just reported wrong as it has not been commissioned.

Try saying yes moving data to it. I am not going to try that myself as I have no intention of using internal storage and going back is not so easy if it works.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
    freeroc likes this.
  9. dft601

dft601 New Member

same Problem as post 47.
    Sandisk Ultra 32 GB, or Sandisk EVO 16 GB
    Remove Partition, Format as internal.... After that I already see a popup external device found... Cancel.
    Then it tells me that my SD-Card is slow, but I can try... ( don´t think Sandisk Ultra is slow),
    Then I can move data... 2.91 GB
    When I say Move now... nothing happens.... when I say move later I am told, that I can use the media for photos and other media....
    It´s shown as portable Memory. 288kb of 29.71 GB used..

But it is not formatted as Fat32 or so... cannot use this Card in my PC....
    I am on the latest Firmware...
    Mike

10. Nice Monkey

When used for External it is formatted exFAT which should be readable also on a Windows PC.

When formatted for Internal it uses a proprietary format not readable external, but anyway it never should be removed once activated. Internal memory is permanent and removing it probably causes instabilities.

11. Juanish

Juanish New Member

Tested on X8 and works great, follow the next instrucctions:

Remove all partitions from sd card, so its completely unallocated (with minitool for ex).
    Flash box to original 1.2.6 image, and dont upgrade.
    Turn off box en remove usb stich with image. (so nothing attached)
    Turn box back on and dont run settings or upgrade.
    Insert sd card and go directly to settings.
    Go to usb / storage and click on bottom , tells unsupported sd card and run it as internal.
    Ignore speed errors, if you dont see the card unplug and insert again until you see it. (sometimes 3x ?)
    For asking to transfer files say also yes ! ( so kodi can use it)
    Wait until finished en reboot.
    Now its part of the total memory !
    Upgrade throught ota en then to desired firmware.
    Do not run factory settings or sd card will be lost again.!

Good luck.

12. dft601

dft601 New Member

Only problem for me:

1) Does also mount as mobile storage :-(
    2) After reboot only the mobile storage is mounted automatically, not the internal... so ZMDC is always waiting for this to be mounted.

Mike

13. Klaatu

Klaatu New Member

I have another strange Issue with a SD Card (Toshiba THN-M401S0320E2 EXCERIA PRO, 32 Gb):
    - It shows up as external storage when I put a NTFS, exFat or FAT32 on it.
    - If there is no partition it does not show up.
    - I can format it using "Internal Storage / USB" -> External -> Settings Format
    - It offers me "Format as external" (I saw never "format as internal" like the NVIDIA Shield" does)
    - Formating is Quick, it shows almost instantly 60% done and closes after 3s
    - The SD Card is no longer in the list and is NOT used as internal storage

-> I checked with windows: There is no partition anymore on the SD Card :(
    -> I tried the same with a SATA SSD, same thing here

Where is the option to use a SD Card as internal drive ?