Resolved UP_ _

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Dairy_Farmer, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Dairy_Farmer

Dairy_Farmer Member

I was flashing my x9s with image.img (1.2.7) when there was a power failure. Now it won't boot or go into recovery.

If I try boot normally I get "boot" on the screen but nothing on the tv.
    If I try reset + power on I just get "UP _ _" on the screen but nothing on the tv.

Have I bricked the device?
    Can I recover?

Ok I found another thread (http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/factory-reset-recovery-problem.3260/)with the same problem and I'm going to try everything in there but I'm not very hopeful. There didn't seem to be a resolution to this problem.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

power failure is the worst thing that can happen doing a flash. not sure if you can do anything now. other than warranty

3. Dairy_Farmer

Dairy_Farmer Member

Yip, tried everything and no luck. I'll have to try work out how to send it in on warranty claim as I bought it in Jan on dx.com.

4. Dairy_Farmer

Dairy_Farmer Member

I've contacted dx.com . It is exactly 150 days since delivery so it will hopefully be handled by them. I'm just not looking forward to the shipping costs.

Just ordered another one from geekbuying. If I ever get this one working again I'll have THREE!

As a matter of interest I also ordered the Zidoo V5 remote. I wish they came as a package deal with the player.

5. Dairy_Farmer

Dairy_Farmer Member

6. Juanish

Juanish New Member

I confirmed too, that this method is valid.

I recovered my X8.

7. Dairy_Farmer

Dairy_Farmer Member

Glad to hear it.