Problem with wifi

Discussion in 'ZIDOO H6 Pro' started by Rui Viegas, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Rui Viegas

Rui Viegas New Member

Hi, i got my H6 PRO and for first impression the wifi is very bad, i can´t connect properly the connection goes down a lot of times, i can´t enter on Play Store or see emails or even navigate in the internet cause the wifi is unstable.
    Will Zidoo creat new firmware to solve this issue, or it is just mine H6 PRO problem?

2. fabry1961

fabry1961 New Member

Hi I also have problems with the wi-fi connection, very slow in data transmission.
    The H6 PRO product specifications show the wi-fi network adapter with 802.11ac features.
    The 5GHZ wi-fi does not even work, and the 2.4GHz is very slow, so it's not usable.
    Do I expect a firmware update or I will return it to the seller?

I would like to say goodbye to clarification.

3. warren_wh

warren_wh Active Member Staff Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Hi, how much distance wifi and router, try to narrow the distance, thank you!

4. WInk

WInk New Member

Hi Guys,
    Would you like to tell me which model of router you are using?

5. WInk

WInk New Member

Hi fabry,
    "The 5GHZ wi-fi does not even work" means that can not found the 5Ghz SSID or found the 5Ghz SSID but connect failed?

6. Rui Viegas

Rui Viegas New Member

Hi, i have an old $20.00 tv box in my bedroom, in the same place where i put the new H6 PRO to replace the old, and the wifi signal is very good on the old tv box, I have the old tv box for about 2 years and i have no problems with the wifi, i dont get the maximum wifi signal but i still can enter in Play Store or in internet very fine with no interferences and always on. With the wifi switched on in the H6 PRO i can not do this . I also have a smartphone in that bedroom that have the wifi signal almost at maximum, just only on H6 PRO the wifi is very poor.
    Even on the internet i've seen tests on Zidoo H6 PRO that speak poorly of the wifi connection.

7. WInk

WInk New Member

Hi fabry,
    We think the "The 5GHZ wi-fi does not even work" problem should be the channel problem of different region.
    As we known, countries apply their own regulations to the allowable channels, allowed users and maximum power levels within frequency ranges.
    For 2.4Ghz,Most Channel have same frequency and bandwidth channels so that channel problem could not be revealed in many cases :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    But for 5Ghz, There is many non-common channels between two religions,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The WIFI module firmware of initial release is only can apply the China allowable channels, so we are wonder you are using a channel that can not be used in China.
    Can you help to check your router settings, find out which channel you are using?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  8. fabry1961

fabry1961 New Member

I solved the problem of wifi at 5 ghz by replacing the router with another model, however now 5 ghz connects to ~ 300 mbps and 2.4 ghz connects to 65 mbps.
    In any case to the previous router i connected tv samsung 6510 with no problem at 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz. The problem has arisen since I installed the H6 Pro.
    Ookla speed test at 5ghz test is ~ 95 mbps, at 2,4ghz the value is 10 mbps.
    I think the wi-fi card works well at 5ghz but at 2.4ghz it's very slow.
    bye, see you soon.

9. Rui Viegas

Rui Viegas New Member

Hi WInk, my router model is the Hitron Technologies BVW-3653 Wireless N (802.11n)

10. natebizzle

natebizzle New Member

I'm trying to decide whether to buy the X7 or H6 Pro and the thing that is stopping me from getting the H6 Pro at the moment is the bad reviews on the wifi. Most people are unable to get a steady connection and if they do it gets capped at about 11mbs. Has this problem been looked into?

11. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Have you considered the X8 with an external antenna that should give you a better wifi performance? The X8 with a much mature firmware is priced the same as the H6 Pro, and it out class the X7 in cpu performance, video quality and many others, but the H6 Pro video and sound quality is the best. Thats my 2 cents based on my experience with X7, X8, X9S and H6 Pro. My other comment is that I don't use wifi at all, 1080p video streaming sucks when my neighbor's wifi decided to occupy the same channel as ours, and tablet/iphone devices eats into the wifi bandwidth, not to mention that I left 720p behind years ago, and I am moving towards 4K video library.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  12. natebizzle

natebizzle New Member

I haven't considered it no. Has the UI on the X8 been updated to match that of the X7 and H6? As far as wifi performance is concerned, the performance of the X7 would be more than sufficient as I'll only be streaming web content, all my video files are on local storage.

13. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Finally braved myself to take the H6 Pro apart to see why zidoo engineers think they can get away with internal wifi antenna in an aluminum case.....turns out that the aluminum surrounds all four sides and a vented bottom, there is a magnetic steel top with a center square window opening covered by the zidoo logo plastic cover, thats where the internal antenna is stuck to right underneath the printed zidoo logo.

Now that I know where the internal antenna is, I stood the H6 Pro on its side with the plastic top facing me, I can use my Bluetooth mouse from where I usually sit, 12 ft away (7ft before), barely notice any issue with direct line of sight, slightly sluggish otherwise.

With all that said, I am not surprise there are wifi and bluetooth issues if the signals are not beamed through the top. My experiment result is 3GBytes file copy averages 6Mbytes/sec overall. with the H6 Pro stood up on its side facing a WNR3500LV1 router 15 ft away running DD-WRT with wifi in N&G mix mode

Kris likes this.
  14. natebizzle

natebizzle New Member

I went ahead and ordered the X7... Didn't want to wait to see if the wifi issues on the H6 were hardware or firmware related.

15. Sidi

Sidi New Member

My husband and I have exactly the same problem with H6.
    There is no connection between the corridor where the router is located and the living room ...
    Maybe this is a defective model?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I`m pregnacy"My tips.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  16. GiovanniO

GiovanniO New Member

I have the same problem. My router is in another room (1 floor below, total distance about 5 mt) so wifi works really bad.
    In the same position PC, phone, etc have no problem, while H6 cannot see 5Ghz and it is very slow with 2,4 Ghz
    After reading this and the other thread by Cocolopez, I made some test changing position of H6. The result are very strange and checking with a speedtest app I found that the original position is about 0,20 Mbs in download but if I move the H6 20 cm far from tv and flip it upside down I am between 6 to 10 Mbs :confused:
    Netflix works without problem (ok, only the start volume problem ;))
    So it seems that turning the top of H6 in router direction and have it a little bit far from tv helps to have a better connection