AAC Passtrough Problem

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Mustafa Arslan, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Mustafa Arslan

Mustafa Arslan New Member

Hello there.

I bought a new X9S, but I ran into a problem. Movies in the archive are usually AAC 5.1 or AAC 7.1 audio codecs.

* My audio system is connected to the device with S/PDIF cable (Optical cable). Audio output on X9S is selectable on both HDMI and S/PDIF RAW. The Downmix HD Audio Output option is also active. Passthrough and other codecs are active on ZDMC.
    The problem is this. If I turn on a movie with AAC audio codec via ZDMC, my sound system goes in and decodes the sound in Dolby. But if I open the same movie with Zidoo Media Player, it only sends stereo sound. This is a big problem for me.

By the way, Zidoo X9S Firmware v1.4.12. ZDMC is installed in v17.3.

2. hansho

hansho New Member

没见过aac5.1的电影,kodi只支持dts和杜比两家的passthrough吧。我感觉你的soundsystem体现的是杜比音效而非杜比源码信号。

3. Mustafa Arslan

Mustafa Arslan New Member

There is ac3 Transcoding option on Zdmc and Kodi on the audio settings. When it is turned on, AAC sounds are sent as Dolby to the audio system. As far as I can see, Zidoo's own media player is called Downmix HD Audio Output. but even if this option is active, Zidoo Media Player sends the sounds in stereo.

4. happyt610

happyt610 New Member

Zidoo firmware 1.4.12, zdmc 17.3

same issue to Mustafa, x9s will decode the mkv with AAC 5.1 and output as multi pcm to av receiver. I prefer the audio out of x9s set as raw and pass the audio to av receiver for decoding

5. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

Same here ,aac 5.1 is ouput as pcm 2.0. Bug number 44.221.474.

6. cobric

cobric Member

Is there any news about this? Because I have a lot of x265 AAC 5.1 (or 7.1) movies.

7. deusexe

deusexe Member

Something news...