Unnoficial Latest KODI Leia 18 with ZidooPlayer

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by cobric, Jul 21, 2017.

1. laola

laola Member

2. cobric

cobric Member

I won't build any more stable versions, just latest Leia releases because I have to change multiple things on build environment.
    You have 17.3 official ZDMC release here: http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/zdmc-17-3-beta-x8-x9s-x10.5589/ which shouldn't have external player popup.

3. laola

laola Member

Thanks anyway for your efforts :)

4. Chirita Laurentiu

Chirita Laurentiu New Member

5. cobric

cobric Member

6. Chirita Laurentiu

Thanks man, but I dont know why it says he can' t connect with remote server when I want to scan my movies...

7. cobric

cobric Member

Maybe this is issue with current KODI nightly code because I need to pull out network cable, and then plug it in again for KODI to show connected status in network every time I restart Zidoo box (I have autostart KODI with XBMC Launcher).
    So check in KODI settings -> system info if network is connected, if not plug out and then in your network cable.

This issues can happen with nightly builds and they don't have anything to do with merged ZDMC code, all you can do is wait for KODI team to fix them and then install new version. If you want stable, please install 17.3 version (mine build or official ZDMC).

Chirita Laurentiu likes this.
  8. Chirita Laurentiu

9. SLK350

SLK350 New Member

I'm still not able to run any 18 builds. Tried it on 2 X10's. First one crashes right after startup both original Kodi 18 and modded and 2nd one (brand new, no settings changed) loads fine but I don't see any devices when trying to setup shares using SMB.
    All the while 17 is working just fine, any chance you could mod 17.4 since it's out.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    slan likes this.
  10. cobric

cobric Member

As I sad, I wont be modding any more version 17 releases as much of building environment is changed. If you want stable releases you can use mine or official ZDMC 17.3 release or wait until I'll build beta/final releases of Leia 18 when they are released. You can try to install new development builds now and then and check if issue is resolved in original KODI 18 code.
    Kind regards

11. drdwridav

drdwridav New Member

Hi Cobric
    Before I delete my current build, could you (or anyone else) tell me if these builds now include inputstream adaptive? It wasn't present in an earlier one I tried, and couldn't install it separately (presumably as there are other dependencies at play)?

12. cobric

cobric Member

Hi,
    If it's not in offical KODI git repo https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/tree/master/addons it's not in apk. So i think it's not there...

13. cobric

cobric Member

New release https://github.com/gorpet/kodi-zdmc/releases/tag/18.0a1-Leia-06-09-2017 is up. This version has all binary addons including pvr, inputstream adaptive and others, same as ZDMC and original KODI release.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    drdwridav, nyakec and Ymlik like this.
  14. drdwridav

drdwridav New Member

Marvellous! Well done cobric, top job!
    From what I can make out, I think the only thing your version of Kodi doesn't do that ZDMC does is the display refresh rate switching in the Kodi player. 60hz 3:2 pull down with sync playback to display enabled is absolutely fine for me for web based content though!!!
    Thanks again.

15. Michele985

Michele985 New Member Beta test group

Does those unofficial builds support the feature 'mark as watched' using the external player?

16. cobric

cobric Member

Don't know what you mean? It's same as in ZDMC - in playercorefactory.xml it is defined: <playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>, which means KODI marks item as played after 120 seconds if played with external player.

17. Michele985

Maybe i've missed something, the spare time is decreased in the last months.
    With the 'official' 17.3 beta and the latest build of zidoo player the movies are not marked on my environment.
    I will check the xml file

18. cobric

cobric Member

That's probably because of this: http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/zdmc-crashes-when-playing-media-with-ext-player.5851/. Unfortunately this is the issue, and if KODI crashes after launching of Zidoo player, movie is not marked as watched.

19. Michele985

True, zdmc crash (not all the times but frequently).
    Btw the xml file you mention is not present on /android/data/<folder of app>/files/.kodi/userdata

Am i looking in the wrong path or do i need to make it manually? (can you post yours please?)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  20. cobric

cobric Member

This file is packed within apk (so you must have it). You can see source here: https://github.com/gorpet/kodi-zdmc/blob/master/system/playercorefactory.xml