VFD display problem

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by mackie, Aug 28, 2017.

1. mackie

mackie New Member

On my zidoo x9s the VFD display has one missing segment, I tried to turn off the box and let it rest overnight , the next boot the VFD segment is still not lit, I tried to adjust the Led brightness, the brightness level changes but the VFD segment is still missing, does anyone knows what's happening, is it fixable or is it a hardware problem?

zidoo.jpeg

2. Schrooms

Schrooms Member

I would say that is definitely a hardware problem.

3. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Can you send this picture to me?
    thanks
    upload_2017-8-29_11-59-2.png

4. mackie

mackie New Member

Thanks for the quick response.

Screenshot_20170829-55355.png

Attached Files:

5. bob

Hardware problem.
    thanks

6. mackie

mackie New Member

is it normal for such expensive box (130$) to fail after only 5 months of average usage ?
    what's next, is it repairable?

7. Schrooms

Schrooms Member

It is possible it could be repaired, but if it was me I would not do it. It's just a display to show
    the time. Those numbers are made up of 7 different segments and it looks like from the the
    picture it is only showing 1 segment. Does it change at all? Does the one segment always on?
    Could be just a cold solder joint and a quick fix for a tech. How long was the warranty when you
    boght it?

8. mackie

mackie New Member

The warranty is one year, it's not over yet , but shipping it back to China costs almost half the price of the X9S.
    Actually it's just one segment that's missing from the second digit,all others are fine.
    And you are right maybe it's a cold solder of one of the legs of the Micro TM1628 LED Controller.
    IMG_20170828_205057.jpg

Attached Files:

9. bob

Please contact the seller.
    thanks