Bluetooth seems not to work correctly with firmware > 1.3.0 - Can t use my Gamepads anymore...

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by htpc, Jul 9, 2017.

1. htpc

htpc Member

i was sensitized for that proplem/bug, as i tried to connect my ps3-controller with sixaxes-app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dancingpixelstudios.sixaxiscontroller&hl=de
    it was not possbile to pair it.
    so i tried my 8bitdo sfc30 and nes30 bluetooth controller.
    this controllers are designed to work nativ with bluetooth under android. you don t need an extra app like with the ps3-controller.
    informations about this 8bitdo controllers can be found here: http://www.8bitdo.com/
    it was not possible for me to pair one of these controllers on firmware 1.4.6.
    so i switched back to firmware 1.2.7 and see there, it was working! i was able to see the gamepads and could pair it.
    then i jumped forward to firmware 1.4.4 and see there, the same proplem like with firmware 1.4.6, not able to pair...
    then i jumped back again to firmware 1.2.7 and from there to firmware v1.3.0, wich is so far i know a beta and see there, i could again pair and use my gamepads.
    it seems for me, bluetooth is not working correctly anymore with an firmware higher then 1.3.0.
    it can not be that people can t use their bluetooth-gamepads anymore if they upgrade the firmware.
    i know this is an mediaplayer and no game-console, but thats no reason people can t use correctly the build in components like bluetooth!
    in my opinion zidoo should quickly fix this!

regards

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  2. PeaceWorld

PeaceWorld New Member

I faced similar problem when paring with Jaybird X3 BT headphones. The X9S was hardly to detect it when searching for open devices. Even I finally get it paired, it will be disconnected after few seconds.

As I saw your post is written a month ago and no 0ne handled, I wish Zidoo will response it and fix the Bluetooth problem.

3. mackie

mackie New Member

Reading this topic, I tried to pair a bluetooth audio receiver adapter , it pairs with no problem but there is no sound through bluetooth, as soon as I disconnect bluetooth I have sound through Tv speakers, but not through bluethooh ,I remember It was working fine on Fw 1.2.7, but now on Fw1.4.8 it doesn't.

I connected both wifi antennas now and Bluetooth is working fine, audio is fine through Bluetooth. No problem for me so far

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  4. htpc

htpc Member

Then try to connect an bluetooth-gamining-controller:)
    With the old firmware 1.2.7 it was still working, but after updateing no way.
    Becouse i don t need wlan atm, i haven t connecting the two wifi antenas, but becouse it was working with firmware 1.2.7 , i also don t think that this is the proplem.
    By the way i have not checked for some days, but here the new Fw1.4.8 was not available, thats also one of the zidoo mysteries: some seem to have the Fw1.4.8 but lots of people have it not.
    I can t understund why it is so difficult to have an uniform update cycle.
    but thats well another story:)

5. dferregu

dferregu Member

I have similar problem with bluetooth keyboard and in 1.4.11 beta firmware still not working so...

So do not expect to be repaired in next firmware....

I do not understand the enginyeers... They us their effort on stupid little changes but not in basic functions. Sorry but some one have to say the truth... I buy a product with bluetooth chipset so bluetooth should work since firt day!! Since firt day!! I repeat, since first day! To last day.... No in future firmware releases... No in this firmware yes and the next no...I buy a product with a chip/basic functions and them should work perfect since first day. Today this chip "bluetooth module" do not work.

Why do you not sell a product with a lower price (50$) and then you charge 10$ for every new firmware that add a new function?...

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  6. htpc

htpc Member

I absolutly agree with you! You must can thrust, if you buy such devices, that the basic-functions like bluetooth works, without no ifs and buts!
    But it still getting better: You see that something isn t work, therefore you invest your time to verify that, that you can report the proplem in the hope its getting fixed.
    You spent several hours with up and downgradeing firmware to verify that bluetooth proplem. Then, after you investet hours of your time, as paying costumer who gets not paid for that and post the report in the forum and then you see, that zidoo is abslutly makeing nothing. You have then the impresion that you get completly fooled and all your work was for nothing.
    The same with my bug reports to the 25p-bug and other things.
    If zidoo is goeing on like this, they won t doeing themself a favor. Costumers remember with wich product and manufacturer they had bad experiences and on the next buy, they buy from someone else!
    In this sense: Zidoo fix the proplems. People don t write bug reports and invest their time for fun, at least i do not!

7. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

I know the antenna is a little awkward to use, but at least you must install the one next to the power switch in order to communicate to Bluetooth devices. I have not install the other antenna because I am not using WiFi. Without any antenna, Bluetooth may seem to work fine if you are close enough today, but not reliably in other days due to interference. Interference by definition is obstruction that comes and goes.

Bluetooth devices I am using are Anywhere 2 mouse and cheap $19 Bluetooth headset from Amazon that doesn't even have a brand name on it. Firmware I am using is V1.4.6. I am a simple media box user, this version is just fine with me, and the box may well die with this version, hopefully, sometimes in the very distant future. Unless they release a new firmware that supports video software decode on codecs that the hardware does not support.

8. dferregu

dferregu Member

SOLVED:
    Changed the batteries for new ones...
    Bluetooth keyboard works fine

9. htpc

htpc Member

With the new firmware v1.4.12, i was at least able again to pair a bluetooth-gamecontroller.
    I made a really short test and it seemed to work.
    I can t say if bluetooth is again full working, i don t testet input lag and other deeper functionality.

Thx for the hint Ayokoya!

10. zidorplayer

zidorplayer New Member

I have the same problem with my X10. After upgraded to firmware 2.07, bluetooth function failed.

11. zidorplayer

zidorplayer New Member

hope Zidoo could update the firmware to improve the Bluetooth.

12. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

Is it just game pads? If so it’s probably low on their list as this is marketed as a multimedia player and not a game machine.

13. zidorplayer

zidorplayer New Member

My problem is I cannot connect all other Bluetooth devices after upgraded to firmware 2.07.