Unnoficial Latest KODI Leia 18 with ZidooPlayer

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by cobric, Jul 21, 2017.

1. siamsquare

siamsquare New Member Beta test group

Could some1 explain me how to install all this shit? Managed to install fw1.4.6 and downloaded zdmc-17.3.apk but don't know how to install zdmc!
    Just received my X10 today!
    Thanks!

2. Icy

Icy New Member

oooooh ... a "Beta tester group" user who don't know how to "install oll this shit" ... nice beta user selection Zidoo team :confused: (or it is a profile setting anyone can set)

pcristi likes this.
  3. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

There's an ApkInstaller app.

4. siamsquare

Bought the 1st Zidoo a few years back and tested the fw which was pretty buggy, switched back to htpc but bought an X10 now as an second player, am a bit rusty...

5. siamsquare

Thanks! Found it!

6. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

I had MySQL running with my old libreelec/Pi but haven’t found a way to easily set up the client with Kodi/ZDMC. What method did you use to setup the client?

7. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Indeed, ApkInstaller said that zdmc-17.3.apk was installed succesfully, but was false. The only way I was able to install 17.3 was firstly uninstall ZDMC, loosing all setups, and then in the usual way...
    For the sake of truth.

8. Tukker

Tukker Member

Its the same, just add

<advancedsettings>
    <videodatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.1.100</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>xbmc</user>
    <pass>xbmc</pass>
    <name>xbmc_video</name>
    </videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.1.100</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>xbmc</user>
    <pass>xbmc</pass>
    <name>xbmc_music</name>
    </musicdatabase>
    </advancedsettings>

to advancedsettings.xml with your own ip, user and pw.
    Place it into the kodi user map.
    Succes.

9. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

I already have the files... I should have probably included more info in my original question. How do you gain access to the file system to upload the file into the Kodi user data directory?

10. Tukker

Tukker Member

In explorer , go to settings, at the bottem activate show hidden files....
    then copy / paste xml file.

11. CrossyX

CrossyX New Member

I signed up specifically to say thank you for this. I only got my player yesterday and knew/thought there was a compromise from going from a NUC and using Kodi to having a better all round player in the Zidoo but with a basic user-interface.

But having installed your build I can have the best of both worlds.

Thanks again.

HaoSs likes this.
  12. LePousson

LePousson New Member

Is it me or do the DVD menus and the navigation during playback are a known problem ?

LePousson

13. boblo

boblo Member

I think DVD menu support is only partial and it seems dvdplayer/nuplayer (Kodi's internal player) work better in this area. Complex menus are not played well. Full BR menus have issues too not present in Kodi's internal player, but they are minor. See this post for further details.

14. LePousson

LePousson New Member

I was also talking about the Kodi's internal player... I have the same problem with ZDMC17.3, official Kodi 17 or SPMC 17 ...

This is really annoying and I don't understand why such a minor problem is still not fixed either by Team Kodi or at least by Zidoo Team in its ZDMC ...

15. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Yes. Kodi DVD menu is a mess. Always has been

16. LePousson

LePousson New Member

How can it be so hard for Kodi Team to fix this problem while almost every player plays them normally ??

One other question...

Why the Zidoo player (Kodi external) doesn't support DVD "next" & "previous"'chapters functions ??

Thanks for your replies guys ...

17. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Probably has something o do with integration. Have you tested using zidoo media center directly ?

18. jtm010101

jtm010101 New Member

zidoo x9s probado con sw 1.4.4 y 1.4.6

hola. cobric gracias por tu compilacion me podrias ayudar e instalado tu kodi 17.3.apk y no me conecta a internet si puedo conectarme a la red

gracias.....................

19. jtm010101

jtm010101 New Member

ya me funciona correctamente gracias

20. boblo

boblo Member

Si quieres que te entiendan, contesta en inglés, compañero, porque es el único idioma permitido en el foro aparte del chino, por supuesto.

If you want to make yourself understood, answer in english mate, because it's the only language allowed in this forum besides of chinese, of course (there is a specific forum for this language).