Zidoo V5 air mouse

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by alexsh, Jun 10, 2017.

1. alexsh

alexsh New Member

2. xerxes

xerxes New Member

yeah I have one and its the biggest POS ive ever had the displeasure to use, its some what flimsy in construction the corner buttons around the center Select button are worse than what is on the remote which comes with x9s, at least Hi Media have selected a good OEM model for there media boxes.

boblo likes this.
  3. boblo

boblo Member

xerxes, which air mouse do you recommend? I'm new in this Android world. Thank you for your input.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  4. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

Get a Minix A2 ... by far the best air mouse on the market. Very well built, stable, great keys (it has also a keyboard). It's not cheap but you get what you pay for.
    Works great with my X9S... apart from having to use Zidoo's remore to power on.

It's a shame that Zidoo is not including the key layout file of the Minix A2.

boblo likes this.
  5. boblo

boblo Member

It looks good, the problem is that this remote is not backlit and gyroscope functions are limited to Minix devices. Any other alternative? Thanks again.

6. froezen

froezen New Member

Maybe my standards are lower, but I like the V5. Feels good in the hand and it works well. The only problem I have is the the voice function doesn't work.

7. papirus

papirus Member

" The only problem I have is the the voice function doesn't work. "

Yes , I agree...

8. virelords

virelords New Member

i got 2 pcs of V5 , and all is not working after charged , the red led lamp is on 24 hours , any idea whats happen ?

9. gamin

gamin New Member

Bought this V5 remote and very satisfied with it. Too bad it is not included as standard remote.

Question to Zidoo staff : will this remote still be compatible with future products ? Really thinking about that X20, and this kind of remote is very useful.

10. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

so far x10 remote also work on older products, so it's a safe bet they will continue to work on other new zidoo products

gamin likes this.
  11. gamin

gamin New Member

thanks for letting me know HaoSs ;)

12. cyber7

cyber7 Active Member Beta test group

Personally I like the V5. The ability to have a unit that feels like it belongs makes it for me. i have also plugged this into other devices and it works out the box. I would like this as the standard on all Zidoo's remotes as the WiFi ability is just sooo much better!

13. psilo110

psilo110 New Member

I tried the v5 on both the Xiaomi Mi box (s905x) and Tanix TX8 Max (s912), I have not been able to get any function working other than Power Off/On.

The red/blue light above the programmable buttons flashes non stop, pressing vol+ & vol- does not initiate pairing mode. Any ideas?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  14. gamin

gamin New Member

As the V5 is supposed to only work with Zidoo devices, I guess IR signal/codes are different on the boxes you tested it.

15. Hunterofevil

Hunterofevil New Member

I ve got a x9s which is controlled by this fly mouse.
    Overall quite happy but three main issues :
    - Backlit lacking is unfortunate
    - On off button does not work for me ???
    - Or Voice control does not work or i have no idea how to use it.

Any ideas about last two issues

16. Dairy_Farmer

Dairy_Farmer Member

Mine works fine. They do claim to have sorted out the problems with the mouse pointer, but it suffers like any other "air mouse". It is jumpy and battles to "focus" on a point. I just turn the pointer on when I need it and then off when I am done. I just wish Zidoo would produce remotes where the writing doesn't ware off in a few days.

17. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

sorry, no info from zidoo on this matter, try a PM to @mirror

18. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

If you want a really good air mouse get a Minix Neo A2. Best on the market, although not cheap.
    It's a shame that Zidoo doesn't include it's keylayout file.

19. Aleksanderis

Aleksanderis New Member

I have also a problem with V5 remote.. Neither buttons are working, nor gyroscope mouse, only Power off/on, since it's RDA, not wi-fi.
    I'm trying it with Zidoo X9s, so everything seems legit.. But it seems it should be supported by any device (at least some functions) - even Windows/Linux.

Dongle is recognized both on Windows PC and on Zidoo X9s, but it seems remote and dongle just not paired.
    I didn't find any manual in my package (ordered it from Amazon). However it seems it shouldn't be needed to pair the remote. Isn't so?

20. Aleksanderis

Aleksanderis New Member

I had same bad experience with Minix Neo A2. I got one with my previous box - Minix Neo X8-H Plus (highest-available-end model at that moment). Main d-pad buttons were very unresponsive, which according to forums was a known issue. Then I ordered a replacement - at first it seemed like it was better, but after some usage it turned up there was same issue. Perhaps it was from same "broken" series. On the other hand I heard that Minix Neo A2 works perfectly for others..

Maybe I'm totally not lucky, but I'm kind of desperate about "air mouse" market - I can admit it's almost empty, there is nothing to choose from. They all are very bad quality - starting from missing items in packages (one model even came with missing USB dongle), and finishing how they (don't) work.
    I tried maybe 5-7 different models and all of them had issues - some of them just minor issues (like strange keyboard mapping) or with d-pad, which by some reason was working over IrDA (even though it has wi-fi keyboard and air-mouse), and some devices were completely not working at all.

Now I'm using "poor-man" remote - Logitech Harmony, which is really good, but it's IrDA, and not an air-mouse. When I need something more to do on the box - I use wireless mouse, but it's not very usable in sofa-mode.;)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017