The new 1.4.8 update for X9S

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Ahmad Haghshenas, Jul 24, 2017.

1. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

looking at the update list nothing changed since 1.4.6 this is just OTA?

The unsupported audio pop up needs removing also. audio works just the annoying pop up.

2. viggen66

viggen66 New Member

Using another kodi will it fix these subtitles problems?

3. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

I don't know. I only use the external player. Never use kodi or ZDMC.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  4. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

So this update is cancelled?
    Can this be confirmed?

Never mind, i'm back on 1.4.6.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  5. boblo

boblo Member

What file have you changed? That's my question. Thanks.

6. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

I think he edit the screencaptures with photoshop, and doesn't change a sysemfile. Or did he? :D

7. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

I see some user report that the OTA update v1.4.8 is pulling back because there are some (color) problems with it.
    So i flashed it back to 1.4.6.
    Now i still get the OTA v1.4.8.

Can a Zidoo member confirm the status of this update?
    Is it recommended to install?
    Or are there problems with it as reported, and better wait for the next update?

8. Athula

Athula New Member

I just loaded version 1.4.8 and my X9S runs extremely slow.

9. I'm running 1.4.8 can i just flash update 1.4.6 over the top to downgrade

10. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

no. only a reflash and manual update to 1.4.6

11. hahaha i just spent ages doing that over the last few days now i have to do it again. I'll stick on 1.4.8 for now i guess

12. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

most of the time when a firmware breaks something or has a major bug, a new fix firmware is usually released in a week or so.

13. S.W.A.T

S.W.A.T New Member

It is so weird to read all these problems in 1.4.8 (color issues, slow,....) I am not facing any of these problems at all. o_O

pcristi likes this.
  14. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

most of them can be fixed with a factory reset, o reflash and update to 1.4.8 , for some strange and no apparent reason, updates can sometimes break things or act strange

15. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Also weird is that a New Member is announcing this New OTA update. (No offence to you offcource) Not a Member of the Zidoo Team. Also that there was no: How To and Log list (beside the pictures). No extra info of the update is given.

I also had no problems with v1.4.8 but some users complained about serious color issues so i got back to v1.4.6.
    No one of the Zidoo Team here that gives an awnser on any question if this update is recommended or not.
    Too bad.

16. S.W.A.T

S.W.A.T New Member

I bought Zidoo X9S last week, that's why I am a "new member". I woke up that morning and found this new OTA update and I decided to share it with you that's all.

17. drdwridav

drdwridav New Member

I'm with you S.W.A.T. I've only had mine a few weeks and was hit with the OTA request yesterday, so did it on the spot. I don't see any discernible difference between 1.4.6 and 1.4.8 (and this reported colour issue that I can't say I've noticed on TV or projector (then again I'm no calibrator!) pre-dates the 1.4.8 release). The only thing that seems different to me is that the weather app on the home screen now works. Not a big thing, but it's nice not to have it permanently saying 15-19 degrees C to me at all times of day and night :)

Vinny4K - think you are spot on though. There should be an official message from Zidoo as to why the update was pulled and whether we should roll back.

18. S.W.A.T

S.W.A.T New Member

[​IMG]

19. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Ok, thnx for that.
    So if you did not announce it, nobody did it probably... :confused:

20. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

v1.4.8 not any color issue.! The limited mode and full mode(16~235 0~255) depend on the EDID of TV.
    Maybe we can change the default output to 0-255 for RGB. Cuz some TV devices not declares support full range for RGB. But who knows? Maybe there will be a bigger problem.

Vinny4K likes this.