New firmware v1.4.6 version for ZIDOO X9S released

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jun 23, 2017.

1. soongsl

soongsl New Member

It is advisable to get connect a hdmi splitter with DC power for hdmi in recording instead of bypassing with apk. The hdmi splitter can work with FW v1.4.4 & 1.4.6

Nice Monkey likes this.
  2. francishe

francishe Member

Hi, Tech team
    After being upgraded to 1.4.6, aria2 and transmission do not work as stably as the previous version. Always stop constantly and disconnect remotely. Have to resume manually. The web-ui has also been changed to a one far less functional but without updating aria2 to the latest version 1.30.2 now. Why while they were working very well before?

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I understand you use a dual out HDMI video+audio splitter to loop back Zidoo HDMI-out to HDMI-IN to record anything made visible on the player. Maybe you can share the product details of the HDMI splitter used to achieve this.;)

I am sure many are interested in your working full HDMI recording setup. A picture with details?
    You even better make a tutorial dedicated topic of it. It's definitely worth it:cool:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    boblo likes this.
  4. circular

circular Member

after reboot during standby mode my apeaker have one Channel sound no normally (sometime became small sometimes together noise)

i use optical fiber to connect x9s and Amplifier

if normal boot , sound normal

i test some version, all have this problem.
    it spend me much time to research why x9s sound no stable.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  5. supercollo

supercollo New Member

Hi, the firmware seems good to me.
    I only noticed these small problems:
    -Trying to turn on the x9s from CEC standby (which works fine), the x9s does not turn on, I have to turn it on manually.
    -Using a mouse connected to usb2 does not work, while connecting to usb3 works fine, it looks like the usb2 port is very slow.
    Has anyone noticed my own problems?
    Thank you for your work.

6. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

When the x9s turns on from CEC standby (which works fine), it doesn't recognize the storage connected to USB3.0 port. There is a need to power off and power on the box manually... this is a new problem started in V1.4.6.
    I have an air mouse connected to USB2.0 and it seams to work fine.

7. jinfu

jinfu Member

zdmc快进后声音不同步,不快进没问题

8. soongsl

soongsl New Member

Here is the 1 in 2 out HDMI splitter I'm connecting. This splitter only support upon FHD 1080p.
    No branding for the HDMI splitter but you may get it from ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI-1-4-1-...54:m:m6txWSFskomr4DyfGkq9jzw&autorefresh=true

Same time I also enclosed simple diagram for easy understanding

Attached Files:

9. boblo

boblo Member

But this is the 'standard' setup to record HDCP protected content from your set top box, right? What is special here? Am I missing something?

10. soongsl

soongsl New Member

You have nothing missed out. This is supposed a standard setup to record HDCP protected content but I was requested to show the setup in details as some member may not away HDMI splitter can bypass the HDCP protection.

11. darksider11

darksider11 Member

I can not mirror the sd card on the PC, is this not possible?

12. thewonderer

thewonderer New Member

Newbie here. Just fired up my X9S.... downloaded SPMC to it, but it doesn't show anywhere. On version 1.3.0. Watched a 1080p episode and played great. Miss my popcorn hour c200 removed which had fast forward and rewind.

At the moment I won't upgrade until I have an issue. Seems 1.4.6 is only available via manual download. The weather app isn't great. I type in Brisbane and it can't find it.

13. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

any reason you use SPMC ? zdmc 1.6 or even 1.7(needs last firmware) should work better than SPMC

14. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Yes I expected also a different setup from the description allowing to record anything displayed on x9S including streaming services.

15. tomeeli

tomeeli Member

Please check how it works, the soft keyboard when using the mouse in web browsers.
    I have a mouse cursor in the search bar keyboard doesn't appear, previously this was not. The keyboard is shown only if you put the cursor in the address bar.
    For example, the Chrome browser opened the page https://www.google.com and put the mouse cursor in the search string.

16. thewonderer

thewonderer New Member

I haven't upgraded to the latest firmware yet because I wanted to get a baseline of performance and issues with 1.3.0. Looks like FW upgrade needs to be done manually because zidoo doesn't pick up the new version, is this correct? SPMC downloaded, but doesn't show up when I check google play or search for it on my x9s.

17. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

just update manually. 1.3.0 was a beta firmware, there is no point sticking with it for so long.

18. darksider11

darksider11 Member

Some videos with dts hd ma, image and sound freezes

19. tomeeli

tomeeli Member

To simplify downgrade where to get the full image of the firmware 1.3.0?

20. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i think the only .img is 1.2.6 ( from the support blog forum type thing )