Is Zidoo shipping a new remote?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by boblo, Jun 5, 2017.

1. boblo

boblo Member

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

It looks to be similar to the new back-lit remote used by Egreat and is very probably made by Riitek (which puts on any brand label desired). Upgrading the remote is one of the early suggestions made by myself to Zidoo at the X10 introduction. Good to see there is a mouse function on it too.

Would be personally good news too if they honored that request as my X10 delivery is still pending.:)
    I have the strong feeling shipments via regular channels were delayed waiting for this upgrade and above all a stable FW which is taking a lot of time (months). Firmware 1.4.6 maybe? The internal beta bugfix FW1.4.5 apparently still did not pass the quality criteria.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  3. boblo

boblo Member

Thank you for your reply.
    As you know, the X10 was formerly shipped in a black box. I've figured out that the new remote is included in a new WHITE box. According to the official website, there is a new package in white:
    [​IMG]

Furthermore, the online shop shows a picture of the X9S with the new remote:
    [​IMG]

I'd like to hear some (official) word from Zidoo about this and how to find the new white package. Thanks.

PS. Nice Monkey: Please let me know if you get the new remote.

4. Nice Monkey

I think you are right about the box change indicating the new remote. Good to see the X9S got the better remote too. The old one was of mediocre quality with limited number of functional keys and the labels on the most important keys wearing off easily (very annoying).

5. FlipMode009

FlipMode009 Member

I got mine only a month ago from Zidoo on Amazon and they sent me the black box. The remote is crap, hell it only has a red and a geen button, doesn't even have blue and yellow. It's the 1 thing I thought was just plain unacceptable to be honest. The rest is solid, software bugs aside. I hope they rectify this with their NEW customers and either send us remotes (a previous android company i bought from did that for their customers who got the old remote for free), or at least have a discount code for a new remote?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    Andydigital likes this.
  6. boblo

boblo Member

No official word from Zidoo about this? I think customers and potential customers deserve an explanation.

7. FlipMode009

FlipMode009 Member

There has been some misinformation. I just finished talking sales and the white box is not an indicator of which version it is, its just marketing appearance. However they are sending me a remote, but they did not clarify if it was the same one or the new one. I will let you guys know when I get it.

8. boblo

boblo Member

@FlipMode009: Thanks for your information. If you don't mind, could you ask how to find the new units with the enhanced remote? In addition, I know people who have purchased a X9S and they would like to know if they can request the new remote for free or if Zidoo sell this remote to X9S owners.

Thank you again.

9. Nice Monkey

On the Futeko site the opposite is stated. The new white packaging indicates also inclusion of the new remote:
    http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=2008.0
    is the statement there.

If anybody got an X10 in the new white packaging without the new remote please report it here.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  10. boblo

boblo Member

I'm a bit disappointed. Still no official person has answered this question. Is there any sales representative in this forum??

11. andys

andys Member

For those who have the old can have the new one?

12. FlipMode009

FlipMode009 Member

Well, all I can say is my information came directly from Zidoo themselves. Futeko is great but they have made mistakes before. Perhaps their batch coincidentally all had new remotes. I think what Zidoo is saying is even white packages come with old remotes, its a package, not an indicator of included or even production batch. As far as requesting one, contact the sales email with Zidoo on their contact page. They have actually been good with responding. All I hope is they are sending me a new one, not a replacement. But I bet it is shipping from Hong Kong or somewhere on that side of the planet and have to wait a month to get it in Canada. Classic!

13. boblo

boblo Member

Not necessarily. I've contacted Zidoo Europe through Amazon (ZidooDirect EU marketplace) and it seems they're selling units for Europe which come from their warehouse located in Italy. However, I don't know the situation for american countries. They told me that they have mixed batches with the old and the new remote, but they promised to send the new remote if the package (when received) includes the old remote (at no cost, of course).
    I think I will trust Futeko and will order a X10 to him, but I'll wait until reading the feedback of owners about the next firmware version.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  14. andys

andys Member

Normal should be sold separately from the box(Price not exaggerated), for those who have the old one

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  15. cool

cool New Member

Hi Guys,

I really would like also the new remote.

Could you tell me how to have it please ?

Thanks

16. CJB

CJB New Member

I JUST got the X9S today. My first android box to try out. It was either this or the EGreat or Nvidia Stream.
    So far it works okay and setup was a breeze.

But yeah that REMOTE is awful. Response is very sluggish and power seems very low. A different remote is a must have. So much so that I have considered sending the unit back to Amazon for a refund to get something else. I'd gladly buy the new remote as some have already said. But if not I think I'll send the x9s back or give it to someone else and go with a different box.