New firmware v1.4.4 version for ZIDOO X9S released

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Henry

Henry New Member

If I go to Media Center I get all Blu-ray ISO Menus whether TV or Movie or 3D. Within ZDMC I get not a single one whether external player is checked or not.

2. polakis

polakis Member

Some times my videos are auto pausing. Is this a bug?

3. francishe

francishe Member

Problem reported
    After updated to 1.4.4, the screen protected by pin code is never able to be unlocked since the pop-up num keyboard fails to appear for you to enter your pin code. I have to flash back to 1.2.12 and reconfigure my settings. troublesome.

4. polakis

polakis Member

Also when trying to play a 4K video the resolution auto going to 1080p not 4k. Why is that?

5. soongsl

soongsl New Member

Glad that for having these new firmware to fixed lot of bugs and problem but have anyone encounter HDMI IN STOPPED problem after updated the v1.4.4

6. pigware

pigware New Member

how can I flash back 1.3 firmare. I tried and not success

7. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Thanks for fixing the Bluetooth issue with Anywhere 2 mouse, works wonder!!

In regard to ZDMC-16.4.13, do I need to uninstall the old version first? If yes, do I lose the old addons with the new installation?

Lastly, there is a positive change on the Zidoo player user interface while playing, I like the grouping and larger font on the current time and length time on bottom right, however, below that is the circled menu symbol with "press the menu key" with the font size half the time font size, make both same? Also, except for power and volume control, I use the mouse on everything, the small font for the circled menu symbol makes it a challenge to click on with 4K TV, and it is also a hit or miss to get into the menu option even though you click dead on the symbol with the mouse. Pressing the menu key on the remote works all the time.

Thanks and keep up the good works!!!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  8. pan88

pan88 New Member

Yes, I have the HDMI IN stopped problem.

9. eseze

eseze New Member

Hi,

v1.4.4 is truly a disappointing update version.

Although I didn't investigate much time to check all changes I found some additional aspects:
    • Android patch level as of May 2016 ... not very actual :(
    • Translation bugs for German language (take a look at the attached screenshot ... that's definitively not German)
    • Apps that need root access take a bit longer than with older firmware versions
    • my personal main interest was the point "13,Enable a new online player - nuplayer which will improve streaming media playback." ... no nuplayer to find on the system :mad:
    For me that's looking like the announcement "coming soon" has put the developers under tremendous pressure so that they ignored all rules of professional software development ...

Best regards
    eseze

Attached Files:

Lony likes this.
  10. txsky

txsky New Member

Thanks! That is the best gift for International Workers' Day!

11. moroder

moroder New Member

Hi! The Shortcut Key setting is not for the remote of x9s .My remote have only 2 programmable key not 4.
    I want back the x2, x4, fast forward and rewind key.

12. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

Those characters are more like Vietnamese. They probably mixed up some translations.

eseze likes this.
  13. sem1903

sem1903 New Member

hdmi problem still continue how many times i need try for get picture from zidoo :( need a quick fix cos i cant use my device

14. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Thanks for the update :).
    I could verify a number of items on the update list myself. Obviously everybody looks for his own items to be fixed and there is still a lot of work pending, but it moves into the right direction.

Also "OpenWrt settings updated to work with defaults for SMB and FTP" should have been on the update list:
    - Guest access via dynamic SMB shares created per drive attached individually
    - FTP access using root plus the password set for OpenWrt administrator.
    - Many defaults were changed to grant SMB access for all actions under probably all if not most circumstances.
    Updated my topic accordingly :D

15. pigware

pigware New Member

I flash back to 1.2.3 and up to 1.3, it come to normal.

1.4.4 firmware is very disappointed to me

Lony likes this.
  16. Lony

Lony Active Member

The same Issue by all german user and more under qick settings:eek:

Thanks for posting and i hope @freeroc read this lines !!!!

eseze likes this.
  17. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Got it

18. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Up to you.

19. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

For language start with a good review of the English (=Chinglish on many places) as this is regularly wrong/confusing as a start already. Translations are mostly done: Chinese ==> English ==> Any other language.

Happy to go over Dutch again once the English source is corrected. Deviated myself on many placed where I felt the English was out of context.

eseze likes this.
  20. Berry Ermans

Berry Ermans New Member

Many thanks for all the effort.
    Unfortunately I noticed that network copy speed dropped from 112MB to 50MB.