New firmware v1.4.4 version for ZIDOO X9S released

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Apr 18, 2017.

1. How can i increase the notification volume? the slider doesnt work its on the minimum setting no sound.

2. laola

laola Member

I thought the same but my chinese collegues are out of office because of "golden week"...

3. never mind i just install a third part volume control and its working now.

4. francishe

francishe Member

not sure if it's a problem. Update from 1.2.12 to 1.4.4 the box fails to reboot. Tried many times, the screen is still black. Ready to flash 1.2.7. be caucious, everyone.

5. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

After update to the latest firmware, it's a good idea to "reset all settings" once to start fresh.

6. circular

circular Member

after power sleep down
    and power up
    my sata hard disk was lost

7. dellenuvole

dellenuvole New Member

Did you try to unplug and plug the sata hard disk?

8. javarix

javarix Member

HDMI RECORDING

First impressions after recording a 60 min test sample. a recording with 60 Hz frames netf ... movie in 1080p is the following ...
    When recording runs in the view window it jerks but...

:)If you look at the finished file with the player is nothing jerky. :)

I will test this again with other recordings and sources and settings. but it looks for the first, fantastic:).

Now the hdmi hack would be missing to save the hdmi splitter. without hdmi spliter or hack is a still picture to see.
    i hope cineclub fits his hack to the new firmware version. i hope the moderator delete not this post ;-)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  9. Henry

Henry New Member

Hi - received the box yesterday and did this update. I have BD & BD3D both movies and TV, ripped with AnyDVD. I'm not getting a single bluray menu with 1.4.4 which is bizarre. Am I missing something? I've tried both external player & native Kodi player.

10. bodyzen

bodyzen Member

Good Work! :)

11. Pelayo

Pelayo Member Beta test group

Thanks for adding a 5Ghz hotspot. Add a lot of value in my case for this box. Really thank you very much. Very good support. :p:D:D:D:):)

12. pigware

pigware New Member

It was found that it fail to show substitute while playing concert blu-ray iso file via navigator menu but it can show the substitute while direct playing the concert iso.

13. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Seems there is allot of changes also under Openwrt, we have new settings

14. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Indeed I get a SMB connection but can't access the mounted devices just system files (which I don't need to access): Access denied is the reply.

15. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

my mounted HDD still works fine tho.

16. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Lucky you.

Finally got it going after the most complex clean up possible of OpenWrt:
    1) Doing an emergency flash ROM image using unpacked v1.2.3_img.zip on an USB-stick
    2) Upgrading again to FW 1.4.4 using the OTA upgrade file via the same stick
    With the then default settings in fact it worked finally.

Zidoo is the first brand to use ROM image restores for a full clean emergency re-install that I come across. This is not caused by the Android with OpenWrt combination as Xtreamer does it similar to other Android only products using a script for wiping and next re-installing.

OTA upgrades and Default Factory cleans don't work for OpenWrt. OpenWrt came indeed also back without a password being set. No idea which of my changed settings caused the problems with my access rights.

The really good news is that the OpenWrt settings have been updated and now work correcttlt to get SNB and FTP working as a default :)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  17. Gwadalolo

Gwadalolo New Member

If system/backup/reset doesn't work, you can wipe out /overlay (rm -rf /overlay/*), thanks Sarco for this tip found in the forum, I used that and it worked...

Thanks Zidoo by the way for this update, my only issues so far with x9s:
    - Aria2 not so reliable (looses torrents list regularly, and I never managed to keep it after reboot)
    - never succeeded with miracast (black screen / connection impossible)

18. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

nice update but several issues still present.

1. Not all 2D blu ray menus work, the alien boxset is a no go. (3D is perfect not come across one that will not play)
    2. Home theatre is still useless, the scanner is pathetic eg. batman begins picks up cover artwork for the 1989 version and you can not change even if the title is correct for imbd. this is the case for several movies. Aliens displays cover and info for alien 3.
    3. In home theatre subtitles are turned on for every movie no way to turn off without going through the subtitle menu every-time.

home theatre is ideal for playback with full menus because does not work within kodi otherwise i would not bother but with the scanner like it is just a waste of time.

overall it's getting better.

19. circular

circular Member

i need power reset,then sata disk apear again
    i had not plug and un plug it ,only repower it,this can work ,but i feel it is not convenient

20. DribbleTool

DribbleTool Member

Updated to new firmware, some nice improvements.

Im having an issue where I cant play videos on a network SMB share with ZDMC. When I go to play the video it launches the external player then closes.
    If I play the same file from a USB hard drive then it plays as is should in the external player without closing.

Any ideas?