subtitle source

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by wolfrick, Oct 19, 2016.

1. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

Is it any way to setup the download source and default language for subtitles in the native player? I think that it is not using the opensubtitles.org as source.

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Discussed this with some manufacturers. The problem is that there is no standard/API to download subtitles with like was done for MP3 tags.

So searching, selecting and downloading subs works differently everywhere. Providing a URL for direct custom downloading is not an option. So what they do instead is linking to a private and brand specific server which in turn will download from a limited number of non-specified open sources available. For more exotic languages this often will not result in the desired objective as the company decides the sources to be consulted / downloaded from.

3. Henk Jan Baard

Henk Jan Baard New Member Beta test group

So what is the easiest way to download (in my case Dutch) subtitles?

4. spring

spring Guest

Hi
    the subtitle download from the open opensubtitles.org.
    if you want to download the Dutch subtitle, you must change your system lanuage to Dutch, and it will download the subtitle with tag "Dutch".

5. Nice Monkey

Most other players will download English next to the system set language. Having an option to set the preferred language for downloading is a far better method.

6. spring

spring Guest

may be we can add a option.

agmarco likes this.
  7. Nice Monkey

Thanks!

Would be really great specifically for persons like me which have a multi-lingual family. Plenty of those and I am sure it will be very much appreciated by many.

agmarco likes this.
  8. agmarco

agmarco Member

Hi Spring, I just asked around in other threads but than I saw this post. I have the system language set at Dutch but I get only ENG subtitles in the Zidoo videoplayer from the Zidoo Theater. So a option to select the preferred language will be helpful. I have a X6 Pro at 1.0.40. Thanks.

9. cindylee7689

cindylee7689 New Member

if we have this option it'd be so exciting!!

fav link:

1 What is a second language? Here to give you a concept, the second language. Mother tongue is familiar to everyone, that is, after the birth of the language from the surrounding language directly to learn the language. So what is the second language? Simply speaking, is a person in addition to the mother tongue of all Spiffygirl languages. In China, our children first learn Chinese, then Chinese is the mother tongue. No matter what way to learn English, English is a second language, or foreign language.
    It takes about three years for children to learn from their births and learn their own mother tongue, and we will find the mother tongue of natural acquaintance, and the level of spoken language is similar, but the second language will show a big difference.

So from this point of view, learning the mother tongue and the second language of the learning process is very different. 2 Is there a real "bilingual person"? We know that many children's English language education institutions to promote the use of English original textbooks, mother tongue way to learn foreign language, so that children's foreign language and mother tongue as well, so that children become bilingual people. But will there be a real "bilingual"?

Last edited: May 31, 2017