New firmware v1.3.0 beta version for ZIDOO X9S released

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by mirror, Mar 4, 2017.

1. javarix

javarix Member

So I feel well entertained by our one man show moderator. Blubb blubb. Only the wine is missing.;)

And...Much more than entertaining will not come as well in this thread. For something but my invested 300 dollars must be good.

2. Tapatio

Tapatio New Member

Ups . . . . .

is time to share the joy and the good news about OUR experience after we were deceived for the advertising on the x9s

so star posting our opinion on the meany forums

see how that will go

3. olisun

olisun Member

New Firmware 1.4.2 released with tons of fixes.

Interesting to see if the 4K issue has been fixed.

4. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

From where did you get the new firmware?

5. korayus

korayus Member

On zidoo facebook page:

V1.4.2 for X9S
    Updatelist

System:
    1, Add 1080P25 resolution option.
    2,Fix the issue that virtual keyboard doesn't appear when airmouse connected.
    3,Fix a format error that occurs when you try to format a TF or Udisk or harddrive.
    4,Fix the issue that no HDMI display after repetitious plug in and out HDMI.
    5,Optimize the fluency of playback from the very begining of a online video in some certain APPs.
    6,Fix the incorrectly display when switch between different live channels in some certain APPs.
    7,Fix the issue that a playing episode interruptedly switch to the next episode in some certain APPs.
    8,Fix the issue that no respond occasionally in some certain APPs.
    9,Fix the issue of USB audio switch.
    10,Fix the issue that the status of Downmix 5.1 doesn't be save after restart.
    11,Improve the compatibility of camera, support 1080P camera.
    12,Improve the compatibility of bluetooth, support bluetooth mouse better.
    13,Enable a new online player - nuplayer which will improve streaming media playback.
    14,Fix the blurred display when enter some APPs.

Applications:
    Player:
    1,Fix the failure function of 'Repeat all' in play mode.
    2,Expand the time-shifting range of subtitle to 10 mins.
    3,Optimize the synchronicity of subtitle and audio.
    4,Add a menu prompt when pause the playback.
    5,Add the display of time when pause the playback.
    6,Optimize the function of download of subtitles.

Blu-Ray:
    1,Fix the issue that the movie no longer be played after quit by press home key.
    2,Add the function that switch region code by press num-key 1,2,3.
    3,Add autoswitching of frame rate for 23.976 and 24.
    4,Add auto-downloading of subtitles function.
    5,Add 3D function.
    6,Add switching chapter by press page down & page up.
    7,Optimize the effective and compatibility of Blu-Ray playback.

Quick settings:
    1, Add a setting of Blu-Ray region code.
    2,Add a wifi hotspot setting.

Filemanager:
    1,Add a setting for manually refresh
    2,Fix the issue that the ISO files don't appear in Videos column.
    3,Fix the incorrectly display of progress bar when copying a large file.
    4,Fix the error which occurs when you open a CUE file.

Theater:
    1,Optimize the sharpness of poster.
    2,Add category of 4K and 3D.
    3,Improve the UI of the video manager and the movie's page.
    4,Add a IMDB search function in the movie's page.

Weather:
    1,Fix some Temp value don't follow the switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit.
    2,Add cities list

Launcher:
    1,Add a password comfirm when set the password of APP lock.

6. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

I can see only Eversolo product on their facebook page.

7. korayus

korayus Member

8. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

9. javarix

javarix Member

Well, if that's all? Then my hdmi recording problem with this firmware update still not solved. very sad.

10. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

You should try it first. Some fixes may solve other problems as well.

11. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

But is it released or not?
    No DL link available (yet).
    Or it's an "online" OTA?

12. kamil66

kamil66 New Member

V1.4.2 for X9S je ne le trouve pas merci de m'indiquer le lien

13. javarix

javarix Member

14. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

How can Zidoo take such Moderators in their team.

Or you are half Chinese or you need glasses. You missed the point completely!
    We all know that this is a new chip and that it must be figured out from scratch! And yes it takes a long time to fix problems. We all know!
    But that is no excuse to give no information or no updates about how far they are with solving problems. Or if they are working on it etc. etc.

Like:
    Dear Members,
    We are working hard on the New firmware update?
    It's a new chip so it takes a while?
    We are working at the following problems:...?
    We are reading all of your problems and saving them in a todo list posted here on the forum, but we are to busy te reply all of your messages?

Thats one way you talk to your members!
    If they give a little feedback here, it would be so much more friendly.

Why the H*** is this forum for then?
    Unbelievable they let you speak for them!

15. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i'm not speaking for them, i'm speaking for me. Yes, its a good idea, but i don't think they will do that.

P.S. A moderator job has nothing to do with, updates, firmware's, soc's, etc.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  16. olisun

olisun Member

There are the Med8er players which do play 3D MVC without any issues and you can buy them off ebay or Gumtree for less than half the price.

So you are saying that one should NOT pay attention to what the manufacturer advertises as they are all lies?

And why I didn't return the product when it didn't meet my expectations because 1) some of the features that were working before are now broken in the newer releases and 2) Zidoo refused to acknowledge there is a problem until it was too late.

See my first response. If you only cared about 3D then the Med8er players are well establised and they do indeed play 3D files without any issues.

As mentioned before you need to change your mentality regarding "it's cheap so the issues that come with it are acceptable" because that is not the right marketing strategy, it's misleading the consumers.

I will iterate again, while the Zidoo is NOT a completely useless device I expect the basic funtionality to work as expected as that is what it has been designed to do and marketed accordingly.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  17. Jepsa

Jepsa New Member

Hello,

i feel it's now time to express my feeling about x9s today, now that i have been using it for some weeks.

Love:

- Keep loving x9s case, menus.
    - I configured zidoo kodi for my SMB media share - wonderfull
    - recorded from hdmi in, perfect

Not really:

- BDISO Menu's - Still got bugs (Because no new fw avail yet)
    - My remote control numbers, volume keys are all black! well, i think and want to think that this was a rookie mistake, because... after sundown, its kind of difficult to use it (or you have to remember keys positions)

I have some feature requests, but i think i may wait for this new incoming fw.

regards,

18. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

@Jepsa
    yes agreed: The remote supplied is of low quality. Specifically the text/symbols disappearing already after using it for just a couple of months is really bad.
    Happens first for those keys most used. Is there any warranty claim applicable for this?
    Hope to move to an universal RF remote the coming days (Riitek MX3) with back-lit keys myself.

BD Menu and external subtitles worked as to be expected from a Beta version, but should have been improved in the mean time.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    javarix likes this.
  19. javarix

javarix Member

I can confirm that. Can also add a picture from my remote. the remote is unfortunately cheapest garbage, with me detaches the label of the return key. Use the button but not very often. The remote control does not make the impression that it fits a mediplayer. No stop or forward and backward button. Quality is cheapest plastic and cheap production.

here a better quality remote for 2.77 USD but does not know whether one can also use for the x9s.

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/JRGK...lgo_pvid=1167b8d1-57ff-4143-9440-8da0f0a9c0b1

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  20. JamieTre

JamieTre New Member

Link please?

I see MEDE8R's least expensive product being sold for $225, $100 more than I paid for my x8. Are you saying I should shop around for a used MEDE8R on ebay, which will have no warrantee and could have any number of unknown issues since it's used, and compare this as a value proposition to a brand-new X8 that I get from Amazon, and can actually return if I don't like it? That's ridiculous.

You can't just downgrade the firmware?

And see my original post. The X8 is barely more than half the price of the cheapest MEDE8R, and it's also much newer chipset that can does many other things it can't like play HEVC and 4K and full SBS/TAB 3D. Apart from the fact that there's almost a 100% price difference, they don't have anywhere near feature parity (even counting only things that work correctly on the zidoo).

Why do I need to do anything of the sort? I got a box for $129 that does exactly what I want. It was a great value for what I paid for it and what I expected from it. I hope grinding your axe here gives you some satisfaction, because you aren't going to get anythig else out if it. What do you want to accomplish? Do you want an apology from Zidoo? A promise that they will be better people in the future? Or, are you just bitching?

If the Zidoo didn't exist, then I guess I would have a MEDE8R and have spent more money on a product that doesn't do as much for me. That doesn't make my life better.