New firmware v1.3.0 beta version for ZIDOO X9S released

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by mirror, Mar 4, 2017.

1. atony

atony Member

guilerme
    I don't think that will work on the x9s I tried already and it does not work it will work on the usb 2.0 but not on the 3.0 and the same goes foe the ISO files
    you will have to install the software that come with it and that will not be possible on the Zidoo x9s why iam saying this !
    in order for that external drive to work on my laptops in the usb 3.0 I ad to instal the software that come with it in the laptop otherwise it would only work on the usb 2.0 no idea why I guess that is the western digital way but keep trying --you may find a way?

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i use a 2tb hdd with usb 3.0. but it's a desktopp HDD, with a USB 3.0 enclosure and external power.

3. atony

atony Member

and you forgot something
    if we don't let Zidoo do its job /and wait for the firmware updates more bugs will show up in the forum complaining that their is to much humidity in the planet
    and I always say --wait for the good weather.!

4. Zidoo informs X9S has ability to transmit ISO 3D, but in mine does not work properly it after a minute,
    Anyone know a solution

5. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

For those who griped paying ~$150 for a media box not being perfect, please face the reality that there is no such thing as perfect in life!! My wife is not perfect, she nags all the time, cost of 30 year marriage, feeding and clothing her is close to $1M, my house is not perfect, ~$400K, my 9 year old Honda accord sucks, ~$21K new.....and I got a mile long list I am not going to type....

I own about 15 Android box brand as toys, not do or die boxes. As of now, I only use X9S and T95 M8Spro to compliment each other which make me very happy that I can do everything I expect from these two boxes. I am about to get two new boxes to evaluate but don't expect much from them....and I am not going to gripe, but I can be surprised if they exceed my expectation.

6. zidology

zidology New Member

This is all nonsense in this context, Sorry!

If you buy a piece of meat or a bag of apples and everything is full of little worms. Then of course you will tell your dealer:
    "Ohh, that doesn´t matter, keep my money, I can live with it! It is no such thing as perfect in life!!"

javarix and olisun like this.
  7. zappa

zappa New Member

[QUOTE = «Ayokoya, должность: 22830, член: 7244»] Для тех, кто ворчал платить ~ $ 150 за коробку СМИ не будучи совершенным, пожалуйста, сталкиваются с реальностью, что нет такой вещи, как совершенная в жизни !! Моя жена не идеальна, она пилит все время, стоимость 30-летнего брака, питание и одежду ее близка к $ 1 млн, мой дом не является совершенным, ~ $ 400K, мой 9-летний Honda Accord отстоя, ~ $ 21K новыми ..... и я получил длинный список миль я не собираюсь набирать ....

У меня есть около 15 бренд Android коробков как игрушки, а не делать или умереть коробки. В настоящее время, я использую только X9S и T95 M8Spro, чтобы дополнять друг друга, что делает меня очень счастливым, что я могу сделать все, что ожидать от этих двух коробок. Я о том, чтобы получить две новых коробки для оценки, но не ожидайте многого от них .... и я не буду ворчать, но я могу быть удивлен, если они превышают мои ожидания. [/ QUOTE]
    КРУТО!

8. JamieTre

JamieTre New Member

I tend to agree with OP. To run with you analogy, if you buy a bag of apples and a few of them are bruised do you go and complain and return the whole bag, only to find out that the new bag also has a few bad apples in it?

I wish everything about this box worked perfectly. But it doesn't. If there was something better in remotely the same price range, I'd buy it.

For now I'm very happy with the 3D performance, and the fact that it can actually emit a 23.976 FPS signal, unlike my fire TV. It messes up some other stuff, so I use my old fire TV for that.

If someone knows of another box that can do both of these things for $129 (or at all), and everything else works perfectly too, please let me know.. I'll buy one now! for now, I feel like it's a decent value, and serves it's purpose for me.

9. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

This shouldn't be like that...I bought an integrated product, not a development platform. You are the only one that reply for Zidoo.
    Zidoo is not even bothering to comment on their bugs...they could say that something will not done, or it's not in the plan or when it will be done...but they don't say anything.
    This is bad product support !!!

javarix likes this.
  10. javarix

javarix Member

Yes that's true. I am at your side GoldBar. This is really the worst support I have ever received with a paid product. That was exactly none support. And firmware updates is not a Support. Support is... found a solution. Answer questions. Helpful for the future and not a one man show from a moderator.

I can not say more.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  11. olisun

olisun Member

What rubbish!!!

With the Apples you have an option to buy the apples from another vendor if the entire lot is bad. AND tbh the vendor should not be allowed to sell Apples, which are bad.

This doesn't work with products like Zidoo because no matter where you go buy it from you are still at the mercy of the manufacture to fix the issues for you.

Also the mindset about "No product is bug free so we should be happy with a bug laden product" or "This product costs less than the competitors so it's okay to have bugs and we can live with it", needs to change. When you advertise a product to have some basic functionality then the buyer expects it to work athe first time or be fixed as a matter of priority.. Anything extra is a bonus.

12. zidology

zidology New Member

This is what the Zidoo fanboys(and girls) do not want to understand.
    They are trolling around here and want to tell the world, that paying customers should live with a Zidoo product full of bugs,
    because their women and Hondas and houses are not even perfect.
    And what does Zidoo do? Probably they are still rubbing their hands and laughing!

javarix likes this.
  13. javarix

javarix Member

The fanboys and girls are probably the real people of zidoo.

14. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

I was always a fan of Mede8er. It is a perfect player.
    Now i saw a new RTK chip and asked mede8er if they come with a new box with the new RTK chip. No news from them.
    It took me too long and go for this Zidoo.
    Months long people ask on the Mede8er forum why there is no new MP with the new RTK chip. No response from Mede8er til past week.
    Now i understand it!
    Mede8er isn't launching a half baked MP. They soon come with a tested box to avoid this sh*t!

monsak.zidoo.x9s likes this.
  15. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Some people I don't understand how the are thinking...:confused:o_O:cool:

Zidoo team look forward and continue the good work.
    When we must wait a new version? :rolleyes:

16. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

You mean they have sat and waited till Zidoo and Zappitti have worked long and hard with realtek to iron out issues and add new features, then they will release their box when all the hard work is done...
    That sounds like a company which provides great support.

17. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Mede8er have there own Team.
    Difference is that they present a MP that is tested with no Real BIG problems.
    Maybe Mede8er have there box first ready without BIG problems. Can we see who copys who.

Zidoo is selling a MP firmware is complete for 40%.
    I have no problems with that. My problems with the Zidoo are minimal for my use.
    What irritates me is that no one of the Zidoo Support is awnsering any questions. There is no list of bugs.
    They contiue with a new function: Full BD menu? Why? First: Make a Final version and fix all the problems of the features that they are presenting on the box.
    No, they don't, they are presenting a NEW box: X10. Why? The Firmware of the X9S SU*KS.
    Everyone knows why: Money! Quantity over Quality!
    Better present a fully working box a few months later, than have such negative response from all the members. This isn't good for the Zidoo company!

Bad support Zidoo! Come on guys. This MUST be better!

zidology and javarix like this.
  18. totizidoo

totizidoo Member

some bd inform me error code area as overcome this problem?

19. zidology

zidology New Member

Let me try it in all courtesy:

Dear responsible Zidoo employees,
    please respond to our requests and let us know if you can solve the problems concerning the existing X9s firmware bugs.
    Please give us a response from you directly!

Thank You!

javarix and Vinny4K like this.
  20. JamieTre

JamieTre New Member

Let me try to put this more clearly.

There is NO OTHER OPTION to play 3D MVC files that's not far more expensive. That's why I bought it. It also does a decent job of playing 2K @ 23.976 FPS.

I agree that selling a half-baked product isn't the greatest strategy. But this isn't 1996. There's the internet. I doubt anyone just stumbled across the Zidoo on Amazon and said "what a great feature list, I'm gonna buy one" without knowing anything else about it. If you bought a Zidoo box without knowing what kind of issues to expect, then you really didn't do any research. And even so, why didn't you just return it when it didn't meet your expectations? Almost everyone here SOUGHT IT OUT because it had unique features they needed, and most likely were fully aware that there were firmware issues before purchasing.

I'll ask again. Is there some other product out there that will play 3D MVC and full HD SBS files? Will it output a 24FPS HDMI signal? How much does it cost? Because I'd love to buy it. But I sure couldn't find anything better to solve those two problems in the $129 price range!

If I didn't care about 3D you can be sure I would have gotten an Nvidia Shield, it's that simple.I may yet get one anyway! But I still love my Zidoo because it plays 3D. Yeah - I wish there was one single box that was perfect, did everything, and had no bugs. But there isn't. And yelling all the time about how you wish Zidoo was a better company isn't really going to make a magic box that's cheap, perfect and fast appear. There's no such thing.

HaoSs likes this.