When is the new firmware out with fix for the 2160p content?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by olisun, Mar 29, 2017.

1. olisun

olisun Member

I have 2 of these units and I bought them even though I was advised against due to the issue with the playback of the 4K content.

The main reasons I bought this unit was for the price and the features offered. 1080p content is absolutely fine but that was NOT the reason I upgraded my exising players.

It's been over 3 months since I bought these units and there has been no fix available as yet for he 4K issue and I am in a dilemma whether to return these units back to Amazon under faulty items or wait for the fix.

Unfortunately there has been no communication from the manufacturer regarding a fix for this issue and I am not sure how long do I have to wait for the fix.

2. olisun

olisun Member

Just got this response from the facebook page to the same post "Roc He We already checked your video sample, it's out of spec of RTD 1295. It contains a special encoding format."

Does it mean that the RTD 1295 has limitations playing 4K files?

3. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

depends on the encoding format. there is no SOC that supports ALL formats, the movies i tested played just fine.
    The soc also does not play some old 4:3 xvid formats ( format is so old the CPU has enough power to do software decoding on it ) . So the 4k part does not matter. I recommend you to stop with the test files and watch some actual movies, see how it does.

5. olisun

olisun Member

I am NOT spending my time testing various test files but I AM actually trying to watch some 4K TV shows.

For e.g. if you download an episode of Marvel's Iron Fist in 2160p format and try to play that, you will see what I am talking about.

On the Kodi forum somebody suggested setting the resolution to 1080p in the player'ssettings and enabling auto framerate for the file while others suggested disabling deep colour to overcome this problem.

Also I do not expect the SOC to support all formats but I was with the assumption that files, which play flawlessly on the nvidia shield should be able to play fine here.

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i don't have a 4k tv, but should not matter, i will test the ironfist.

7. gacama

gacama New Member

same issue, but with 1080 tv shows too, several of them stuttered every 12/15 mins for 5/6 seconds, all those mks plays fine in other media players older than zidoo x9s, there are a lot of work pending in this mediaplayer, I´ll keep an eye on it, when all this issues are solved, I really think to rebuy it, until then, I feel that zidoo is selling a non completed product, that have to be in beta testing period

8. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

yah.this one plays bad. i'm assuming you also have the webrip version.

its AVC high L5.1.
    spring already posted that rtd1295 can only do MKV container H.264:Main and High Profile@Level 4.2

So this encode will never work properly .

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  9. spawn_lmg

spawn_lmg Active Member Beta test group

Where did he write this?

10. gacama

gacama New Member

Can tell me why this file is stuttering??? it´s 1080, it´s not high L.5.1 and it´s playng smoothly in an old realtek soc based device like mede8er 800

General
    Unique ID : 242999756503603682567210573545162202423 (0xB6D00CFE248776F5970798E1F638DD37)
    Complete name : D:\Descargas\Quantico.S02E11.ZRTORCH.2016.WEB-DL-1080p.AC3.DUAL.SUB.mkv
    Format : Matroska
    Format version : Version 4 / Version 2
    File size : 1,77 GiB
    Duration : 44 min 7 s
    Overall bit rate : 5 745 kb/s
    Movie name : Quantico.S02E11.ZRTORCH.2016.WEB-DL-1080p.AC3.DUAL.SUB
    Encoded date : UTC 2017-03-24 19:53:04
    Writing application : mkvmerge v9.9.0 ('Pick Up') 64bit
    Writing library : libebml v1.3.4 + libmatroska v1.4.5
    Cover : Yes
    Attachments : cover.jpg
    Released by : NoName@DXC
    Site : divxcentral.com

Vídeo
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4
    Format settings, CABAC : Sí
    Format settings, ReFrames : 4 fotogramas
    Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
    Duration : 44 min 7 s
    Bit rate : 5 170 kb/s
    Width : 1 920 píxeles
    Height : 1 080 píxeles
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constante
    Frame rate : 23,976 (23976/1000) FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progresivo
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.104
    Stream size : 1,59 GiB (90%)
    Title : By Daverm9
    Language : Inglés
    Default : Sí
    Forced : No
    Color range : Limited
    Color primaries : BT.709
    Transfer characteristics : BT.709
    Matrix coefficients : BT.709

This one is an example, I have lots of mkv that stutter in the zidoo

11. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

that i can't tell you. i have no shutter problems with 1080p, please make a new topic, don't post over this one.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  12. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?posts/21168/

but i'm starting to think that's not entirely true. I was able to play the file with mx video player, not sure if the framerate is OK, but it play's alllllllot better than zidoo player or kodi. using HW decoder

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  13. olisun

olisun Member

The same file plays fine from the USB stick using the Mx Player.

I don't know if MX Player allows to play files directly from a network location.

14. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

well, lets hope Mr @spring is around here and reading.

15. spawn_lmg

spawn_lmg Active Member Beta test group

In firmware 1.2.6 Such files show normally, why?
    Starting with version 1.2.7, the jerking started

16. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

read my lastest post, don;t just quote me on a week old one.