[Firmware 1.3.0 Bug] HDMI CEC button mapping error

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by B.A. Derks, Mar 7, 2017.

1. B.A. Derks

B.A. Derks New Member

Today I tried using my TV remote control (TV-RC) for the first time. The navigation buttons work well although I miss the Page-Up and Page-Down buttons. Not sure if the Page-Up and Page-Down buttons are part of de CEC standard.

video buttons:
    • Stop Button -> quits Zidoo Player as expected.
    • Play/Pause Button -> cycles through the 3 Play Mode options of the Zidoo Player.
    • Rewind Button -> nothing happens.
    • Fast Forward Button -> nothing happens
    Not sure if the Previous Button and the Next Button are part of the CEC standard.

Please correct the mapping of the HDMI CEC video buttons.

TIA

2. B.A. Derks

B.A. Derks New Member

@HoneCharles

I got an email with your reaction in which you ask me if I opened CEC and to check it with the link to View attachment 1543.
    Unfortunately I have no access permission to that page. Please let me know what you tried to tell me with your link.

3. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

B.A. Derks, me too. If not clear (happens, speaking so many different native languages) means than also I have no access permission to that page.

4. HoneCharles

HoneCharles Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

You can enter the advance settings in system , find the "HDMI CEC Fuction", Enabled the HDMI cec

5. B.A. Derks

B.A. Derks New Member

My HDMI CEC Functions settings are:
    • HDMI CEC -> enabled
    • One Touch Play -> checked
    • One Touch Standby -> checked
    • Auto Power On from TV -> checked
    • Auto OSD Language -> checked
    • IRDA / CEC Switch -> CEC
    Although I have no idea what the purpose of the IRDA / CEC Switch is, I choose the CEC setting.
    Maybe someone could explain what the purpose of this switch is.

With these settings I have the following mapping results for the video buttons:
    • Stop Button -> quits Zidoo Player as expected.
    • Play/Pause Button -> cycles through the 3 Play Mode options of the Zidoo Player.
    • Rewind Button -> nothing happens.
    • Fast Forward Button -> nothing happens
    @zidoo Please correct the mapping of the HDMI CEC video buttons.

BTW I noticed that when I switch my TV on standby, the X9S is switched off. When I switch my TV on from standby, the X9S is switched on again. Exactly as expected. However, when I switch my TV off, the X9S says switched on. IMHO it would be logical that the X9S is switched off as well when I switch off my TV.

6. zkun1970

zkun1970 Member

Standby restart no image(TV shutdown, X9S linkage standby, and then boot without image).