New firmware v1.2.11 for ZIDOO X9S released

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by mirror, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

Also, try another hdmi cable. In the past, I had some similar issues with another media player. I was trying settings for weeks but had no luck. I changed HDMI cable and problems disappeared.

2. Henk Jan Baard

Henk Jan Baard New Member Beta test group

This behavior started when updating to 1.2.11. Before that it worked fine. But if the other possible solution doesn't help I can try that too :)

The strange thing is though that when I stop and start the movie/video again it all works fine from that moment on until I turn off and turn on the X9S...

3. Raymond Charles

Raymond Charles New Member

Kodi 17 sucks because the app does not retain network usernames & passwords
    my movies and music is stored mostly on a NAS server
    I also have media stored on usb3 ssd drive & I have no such issue as you describe
    maybe the problem you have with kodi 16.1 is you need to insure your external hdd was the correct write permissions

4. irfan65

irfan65 New Member

Only God knows when they are going to fix this simple freely screen scaling issue or i had to change this zidoo x9s to nagrace vt6 immediately for the poor software update program of zidoo.

5. laola

laola Member

I don't have any network issues with Kodi 17 (using also a NAS with approx. 10TB data) - actually it is working pretty well (with wrapper) when you would NOT need LiveTv (this really sucks for 50Hz)

6. Raymond Charles

Raymond Charles New Member

not gonna get into a back and forth zidoo is gonna do what they do
    I'm gonna stay with 16.1

7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

it seems A5 and A5S is the first one to get kodi 17. we should fallow shortly

8. laola

laola Member

It would be awesome when the X9s would have native Kodi17 support (respecting the Android API's and no need for a wrapper anymore).

9. Clint74

Clint74 Member

Disabling the auto frame rate solved all my blackout problems on 4K.

Also if you sync the output resolution/frame rate with the file spec you loose all the remaining stutter mostly visible in panning scenes with my setup (LG 2016 Oled).

Braubursch likes this.
  10. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

I can confirm - Sountrack doesn't work on Zidoo. I hope that Zidoo finally fix this USB audio problem as it may affect many people.

11. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Found a small issue with a subtitle position.
    When i have a Blu Ray with a Blu Ray subtitle inside in PGS/SUP format, it show on the correct height/position.
    When i watch the MKV of the same movie witch the same Blu Ray intern subtitle PGS/SUP as above, the height/position is alot hihger then the Blu Ray movie.

Hope Zidoo Team can fix this also in the future ;)

12. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Can it be adjusted to lower?

13. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Blu Ray PGS subtitles (in .sup format) can't be adjusted in the external player settings like an srt subtitle. It's on a permanent position. Strange is that the Zidoo the PGS Blu Ray subtitle inside a MKV container not on the correct position displays...

14. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Remote App on ipad and android no longer works on this latest firmware, before i had no problem. This is using the kodi offical app and the other popular one. The ZDMC box app works.

15. papirus

papirus Member

Hi Freeroc ;

Problems on v1.2.11 :

* Air application is not always stabilized operation.

* Home theater does not synchronize correctly movie posters. One of the crew that we must set the firmware folder and explain how movies should be. Movies are never wrong and can not be grouped series.

* In the auto setting when you set the resoultion, 1080p video works well, but clearly different 4k video still 1080p setting the amount of time. I will try this time as 4k, but after a 720p 1080p video opens change the settings again, restart the device and 4k Open the video. Resolution setting does not work properly.

* Still no sometimes to recover lost and to restart until the subtitle zdmc

* Some users have reported power outages after the Turkish language setting is open to English.

* Black on a yellow line around charcaters subtitles (stroke) should be thickened. Some scenes can not be seen in subtitles from KODI because it contains a very light.her an example, this subtitle should be like this, is a good example:

ZDMC Yellow Subtitles....( To bad )

ZDMC Yellow Subtitless.jpg

KODI Yellow Subtitless....( Very Good )

KODI Yellow Subtitles.jpg

16. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

I agree with Papirus about subs. Needs one more pixel in outline. Or let the user choose between some options. I would love to have this 3D effect that PGS subs have in Blu-Ray disks though but I would be happy with slightly thicker outline.

17. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

1,Hi, what'd you mean Air application?
    2,Theater is improving through a mass of code modifying
    3,Close HDMI-CEC and try again. The problem is related to TV set
    4,Subtitles will have a HUGE improvement. Zidoo invested a good deal of resources on the subtitles in these days.
    Here is one of the improvement:https://www.facebook.com/zidootv/posts/1618045101539296

Pelayo and Vinny4K like this.
  18. papirus

papirus Member

I'm soryy :

1 - Weather application is not always .....

19. papirus

papirus Member

Hi Freeroc ,

I cannot use Netflix. But with the remote controller of Zidoo , it's impossible to command it ( selecting buttons etc ).

Are you planning to improve it ?

Best regards

20. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

We'll release a version today to fix Netflix.

Yaniv likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.