Best airmouse/keyboard remote for Zidoo x9s

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by GoldBar, Oct 22, 2016.

1. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

Hi guys, any views about the best airmouse/keyboard remote for this device?

My research shows that Minix A2 is one of the best out there, but it seems to be optimized for Minix boxes. Does anyone have experience using it with the x9s?
    Has anyone tried adding/editing the key layout file to work with this remote?

Any input on selecting the right airmouse/keyboard remote is welcome.

sjn01 likes this.
  2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Ideal remote is with IR learning. A2 light as IR only on power button. and only for minix devices. ( no learning )

i searched 2 months ago for a remote. if i remember right , my eyes stoped on Rii i25 and Mele F10 delux (mele seems better, has more IR buttons that can learn ) . but i never got one

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Got a nice compact RKM MK706 bundled with my player. That one does its job. All front keys do work with matching functions (which are not many) and a full keyboard on the back.

Also got an Xtreamer Airmouse Pro. Slightly bigger size and bigger keys which feels like a higher quality build, this basically does the same job with some more front keys including one learning key (programmed to select the corresponding HDMI-port on my AMP).

A Mele F10 Lite is known to be working also (don't have one myself).

Using multiple media players one can just plug over the dongle paired with a specific remote. Do that myself constantly. Easier than using individual remotes for every player. Anyway an RF remote is more convenient since specifically media players have very directional sensitive IR receivers mostly (if not all). You only will miss the Power Button that way (unless IR programmed).

Music player is not compatible with any Airmouse it seems. It will not select items by pointer mouse and may even hang-up Android totally.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  4. angelos_cy

angelos_cy New Member

I wish there was support of DroidMote app for X9S.

5. monsak.zidoo.x9s

monsak.zidoo.x9s New Member

Wireless Mini Portable Keyboard / Touchpad / Mouse - Review (for Android & PC)

You should try by yourself

6. eorstail

eorstail New Member

I wish there were more info on recommended remotes. Grateful that I found this.

I just opened new x8 yesterday and it's practically impossible to get anything programmed with the provided remote. I think it's the most basic of basic remotes. I could not figure out how to call up a keyboard, even if it meant pushing up/down with slowest of slow inputs. There just was no way.

Wish I could have had the option to upgrade the remote. I bought via Amazon per link from zidoo site, and did not see any remote choices/options. Of course the site shows everything about the box and doesn't mention or display the remote. So, I had hoped they would provide a decent one, but can't figure out why these box makers cheap out by providing remotes that can't do the COMPLETE job. I'm sure that this drives away novice users who cant figure out why the "remote doesn't work" when they really need a different remote to get everything set up. I know this practice is not unique to Zidoo, as my last one gave me the option to upgrade or save a few $ to buy a remote separately.

Luckily I had some experience using a generic 2.4G air mouse remote (similar to Rii MX3) to get it started. But that remote was set for a different TV and android box and I didn't want to completely reprogram it to make sure that it is fully compatible. So now I am shopping for a 2nd remote. Almost got a Minix for same reasons as GoldBar until I saw this post. Really surprised to read that some remotes are not compatible with Zidoo?!!! Bad enough that I have to spend more $ on a remote but will be pissed if I get one that doesn't work.

Think a LIST should be started for replacement remotes that are / are not compatible with Zidoo. Expect that x8 and x9s are similar in response as they are in build. Thanks HaoSs and Nice Monkey for your input. I'll start investigating those mentioned...
    RKM MK706
    Rii i25
    Mele F10 delux
    Mele F10 Lite

But really, I'd rather be playing with the box than shopping for a remote. So hopefully a working list will help others.

Anyone have remotes that they like and work well? Pls reply! Thanks in advance!

note to mod: could this question be placed under x8 forum as well, with a link to here? I would do it if I have your ok. Then it would be noticed for both boxes. OK to PM me if necessary.

7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

other then the initial setup, the stock remote is working fine for me. that's why i ended up not getting a airmouse. If you press OK on a field that accepts text. keyboard should popup. Or if you use the cursor mode and press OK with the curson on the text field. ( depends on the app, some can't be navigated with up and down keys alone )

8. user59

user59 Member

Logitech k400 i use on all media players not to big or small, often on special for under $20.
    Excellent device

9. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

The best air mouse/keyboard remote you can get is the MINIX Neo A2... great build, great keys, ergonomicly designed, good distance and smooth mouse movement.
    But Zidoo has a bug that should have been fixed by now...this bug automatically witches the audio to the USB port where the mouse dongle is connected. So basically you get no sound to the HDMI when you connect this dongle.
    Same problem probably happens with other air mouse equipped with a mic !!!
    I also tried the MX3... it's ok, but doesn't get close to the MINIX quality.

10. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

but no IR learning.

11. mr_andriod

mr_andriod New Member

I am using X9S with T3 2.4GHz Fly Air Mouse with Microphone and full IR learning, so far very satisfied with it but the mic has compatibility problem with X9S firmware. The issue is when you use the mic for voice search after a few repeated usage the whole remote became unresponsive and I have to remove and re-plugin the receiver for it to work again. I do not have this problem when I try out the mic function on Windows 10 speech function. Not sure if Zidoo team can look into this issue.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  12. eorstail

eorstail New Member

I think my new zidoo remote is defective, hence no mouse capability. The mouse just sits on the screen, won't move. So, maybe if that was working, stock remote may have been adequate. I also had to adjust settings to get keyboard to show. Too bad it wasn't set to show out of the box without having to look in settings. Anyway, IMO airmouse capability is so much better for practical use and definitely any simple android game play. Waiting for response from zidoo about remote.

Good to know in advance about voice capable remotes, not sure I want the extra hassle/disappointment if it become unresponsive. Or, will wait to get one after the bug is fixed.

13. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

your up down left right circle keys don't work ? those move the cursor. Also i had my keyboard popup on by default. Strange settings you have there

14. Ahmedov

Ahmedov New Member

Can you solve this issue, my friend?
    I have the same problem with t3 mouse.