New firmware v1.2.11 for ZIDOO X9S released

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by mirror, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HDMEDIA

HDMEDIA Member

We waiting long time to fix cp1256 encoding v1.2.11 some 1.2.07 not work ..already we use zdmc but in new version zdmc use local player we have big problem now...need fix soon

2. aramakao

aramakao New Member

With "Power on from Tv" option enabled in HDMI CEC settings, if I switch on bluray player or ps4, also X9S turns on automatically.
    I leave setting disabled.

3. panther7

panther7 New Member Beta test group

Hi,
    v1.2.11 has bug with SAMBA. I see the root list but I cannot go trough that, but after downgrading to v1.2.9 it works normally.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  4. Milen Ivanov

Milen Ivanov New Member

Bad, in this firm picture is bad, audio is disaster again - will sell this scrap and return to my PERFECT HIMEDIA Q5 Quad core.....

5. olisun

olisun Member

Have been testing it more yesterday.

Regarding the Deep Colour issue if I set it to 10bit on the player then everything works fine. I haven't tested 12bit as yet but changing it to Auto results in a blank screen.

And now the HDMI resolution is detected at 3840 x 2160p@640Hz correctly when I set it to Auto in the HDMI setting.

I noticed that setting the autoframe rate to 23.9x causes the resolution to be downgraded to 1080p for all the videos including 4K and that causes the jerkiness. Look at the setting's description it clearly states that enabling this setting will result in the resolution to be downgraded to 1080p.

I am not sure why they have implemented the feature so that all the videos get dowgraded irrespective of their original resolution.

Having more than one subtitle seems to confuse the player and it randomly keeps displaying some wrong text. I have to test this further.

ATM it doesn't look very bad but the actual test will be when I get my E6 and hook it up to my AV receiver.

6. saji

saji New Member

can you give a more details on what is bad in terms of PQ and Audio ?

7. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

+1.

The issue started with 1.2.10.

8. olisun

olisun Member

Sounds like more of a troll trying to promote HiMedia products.

9. xxxxx

xxxxx Member

It would be nice to be able to choose the player in ZDMC between all player installed.

10. KarLHeins

KarLHeins New Member

Hello, in FW 1.2.11 and previous versions!

Bug in DVD ISO and Directory , no chance to move in DVD Menu.

Playing with Nativ Player !! ZDMC and KODI 16.1

Please Fix it!! Thx

11. strider83

strider83 New Member

Hello,
    Another small bug with the firmware 1.2.11 but with no impact...
    When you copy a file (with the filemanager) 2.5gb from usb key connected on usb2.0 to usb3.0 hdd, the copy advancement show 1,5 gb, and it bug when it reach 1.5gb, but the copy is finishing correctly...
    I will report if I find other bug...

12. Milen Ivanov

Milen Ivanov New Member

Sorry, but i am not a troll promoter - just used other player without ANY single problem for years !!!! And now tried to upgrade - but just make myself problems ! This player can not display all audio streams and have problems with 7.1 audio via optical. I know 7.1 cant stream via optical out but Other player play just 5.1 - this one just 2 channels. When display audio streams - not display correct - 5.1 dolby digital is dolby 6 channels or pcm 6 channels or some other ........ OK picture can be adjusted - will do. I hope this will be fixed but no time to wait....

13. strider83

strider83 New Member

milen ivanov, nov that you have explained your problems, they can be fixed....
    This box is only 3 months old. And more, this box is less expensive...
    I find that the zidoo team is doing a great job on the firmware of the box.
    They listen to their customer. It's enough rare to speak about it...
    You have the right being not in love with the box, but a this moment. Use constructive critical (with detail of the problems), like your last post.
    Your first post was the post of a child....lol

14. Milen Ivanov

Milen Ivanov New Member

Sorry - you are right for all !! Last night i updated again and write this because i had disappointed...

15. Murfie121

Murfie121 New Member

Same here I can see the root directories but not access them.

16. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

reset openwrt from system/backup . then make the share again. Should work this time. ( this will wipe openwrt. so if you have any fixes. or custom settings. you will have to do them agian )

17. olisun

olisun Member

Any idea when the 2160p 23.x bug will be fixed?

18. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

HaoSs, does the "reset openwrt from system/backup" reset only OpenWRT or the whole machine? I want to avoid reseting the whole machine.

19. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

It's all a matter of settings. With optical, if you try to output PCM, you get 2.0 only, nothing above it. You don't get 5.1 or 7.1. Also I do not understand what you mean when you say "When display audio streams - not display correct - 5.1 dolby digital is dolby 6 channels or pcm 6 channels or some other". The ideal thing is to ask for help instead of moaning because it may be a settings issue. Personally I have x9s connected with HDMI and honestly, at the moment it plays everything as it should be.

20. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

They all are gone for Chinese New Year holiday and will be back sometimes next month. So you are expecting the fixes in about a month time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.