New firmware v1.2.9 for ZIDOO X9S released

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by mirror, Jan 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saji

saji New Member

yes with zidoo player it works perfect,,,if its not playing using internal Kodi player its Kodi problem, not Zidoo

use zidoo player its much better and thats why ZDMC is configured to invoke zidoo player instead of Kodi player

2. hdaiforever

hdaiforever Member

Thanks ;-)

3. thaiminhan

thaiminhan Member Beta test group

bcs so many videos here with same format and i can't play it if not download for offline.
    Zidoo player is better but only for local playback. online playback not supported.

Thuy Nga paris by night ISO blueray using this format and too many Documentation Video are the sames. the file above is just a sample. so my ISP IPTV also using this stream format with same issue :)

4. HDMEDIA

HDMEDIA Member

Arabic cp1256 SRT subtitle encoding not work,please arrange to fix the Arabic encoding

5. JCJMC

JCJMC Member

What is HDMI Deception?

6. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

DISAPPOINTED....

ZDMC is still useless for playing files
    1. Out-of-sync audio is still there. Some files start to play ok but if I jump to random points the audio gets out of sync... Frankly, this is VERY disappointing.
    2. The file I posted here, still drops frames. What else to do to report an issue? I uploaded a sample and the same thing happens.
    NFS with my WD My Cloud still causes Reboot

I sent log file, same thing happens

Some android apps stopped working

WWE Network app stopped working. Even though I have not used the root app (not installed at all), I am sure that under the brim there's something that prevents apps from working. Thanks for enabling rooting and causing 100% legal pay TV apps with valid subscriptions to stop working. This app is very important for me so this is enough is a reason to get rid of my x9s. Very disappointed.

I give the machine one more f/w as a chance to fix some things. And please, as long as ZDMC is useless to play media files, please change that outdated font in Media Center. It is the ugliest font I have ever seen.

7. Cosmi

Cosmi Member

YouTube stil have problems!

Pelayo and yrxe like this.
  8. dennys84

dennys84 Member

-No Youtube Fix
    -No Russian localization Fix (corrections was made in google docs file since Dec. 31)
    -No other minor fixes, but a lot of new bugs

So i see no difference between 1.2.8 beta 5 and 1.2.9, except two weeks of waiting. thanks

P.S. Waiting for the 1.2.10 on March with HDMI Deception 2.0, Zidoo Theater, Quick settings and other 'cool' stuff.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    Pelayo likes this.
  9. negher

negher Member

As? When?

10. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Read the full thread... already answered.
    Not for me...
    Rooting capability is a good thing. Keep your opinion for yourself, please. The real problem is that "100% legal pay TV apps" detect root on Zidoo devices also if not rooted. Problem already reported and not solved until now.
    This is disappointing! Neither an answer "sorry, not possible..."

My little report:
    1. updated to 1.2.9
    2. rooted with first post "onekeyroot" app
    3. tried to update ZDMC to the signed one unsuccesfully (returns "not installed" after any try). Tomorrow I'll try again.
    4. installed SuperSU e SuperSU Pro (bought), But when SuperSU ask to update binaries, it don't finish to update itself. Neither after reboot. And SuperSu is unable to prepare to reinstallation of SuperSu (the trick to do the needed update on X6 Pro after a rooting)
    Played some video file without detected issues, but mine is not the deepest test :oops:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  11. spring

spring Guest

do you close this button?
    upload_2017-1-11_9-30-46.png
    which airmouce do you use? we test it with MELE 10.

12. xtreme1

xtreme1 New Member

WOO HOO, Thank you team Zidoo

13. Lony

Lony Active Member

The Problem is, Zidoo write no walkthrough for this step.

Please follow the steps !!

1. Install 1.2.9 over OT Lokal
    2. Deinstall the OLD ZDMC
    3. Install the new ZDMC
    4. Root the Box with OneKeyRoot

The Root is importend for the last step !!!

Regards Lony

14. Lony

Lony Active Member

Bug in Firmware 1.2.9 with the following Video Source !!!

4K 2160p H264 MP4, 50 Mbps ,DD, 23,976 fps = Sound drops, not synchron
    4K 2160p H265 MP4, 50 Mbps, DD, 23,976 fps = the same issue

Tested under ZDMC new Version and KODI 16.1 with Wrapper.

Lony

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  15. Vinc3nzo

Vinc3nzo New Member

Hello,

"Automatic Frame Switch 4K" with MKV or ISO Bluray no Work @ 29hz content, picture only jump 10 seconde or 15 seconde.
    "Automatic Frame Switch 1080p" with MKV or ISO Bluray no Work @ 24hz content, picture only jump 30 seconde or 40 seconde.

Have DISABLE "Auto Frame Switch 1080p & 4k" work perfectly!!

16. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

Do I need to root the box if I installed new ZDMC?

17. tosh123

tosh123 Member

No, works without rooting. But the App is signed, so you have to uninstall old unsigned versions

18. Mele F10 Pro

19. tomeeli

tomeeli Member

It became worse! Now if I move x9s resolution 4K auto or manually, when not shutdown x9s and turn off the TV when you switch on your TV signal via hdmi at all, no! Only helps to disable x9s the power button. What is it???
    Problems with the app zaycev.net (crash after startup), App&Game 4PDA (no search), YouTube (stuttering sound) is not fixed!!
    You guys doing anything at all? Only unsubscribe that check and that's it! It's been a long time, and obvious bugs never fixed.

Pelayo likes this.
  20. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

Several people reported the issue in other forums. The sound starts in sync and slowly gets out of sync. If you skip to various points in the movie, the audio gets out of sync too.

For a start, you are no-one to tell me to keep my opinion for my self. This is a public forum that I am allowed to express my opinion without offending others. I never said to anyone to "shut up" or "keep the opinion to himself" and offend him the way you did, I just expressed my disagreement for the root option because it will cause issues to several applications that check for root.

Second, the application I mentioned WORKED before this update. However, you assume that "detect root on Zidoo devices also if not rooted". Then tell me, how did it work with all firmwares =<1.2.7 and not with 1.2.9 that added the root function?

Zidoo has to decide whether their machine will play by-the-book or just be a box that will have official apps not working because of rooting. Best of all would be to have a CLEAN f/w without the ability for rooting for those who don't want it, and a f/w that is open for rooting for those looking for this and can do whatever they want. The latest root app is just a switch for the root option that is under the brim. It is this root option that prevents several legal pay TV apps (that was WORKING before 1.2.9) from running now.

And please, next time try not to be rude.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.