Beta version v6.4.62 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 19, 2023.

1. lanz

lanz Member

Thanks!

The rendering of internal (inside MKV) subtitles is very basic: it doesn't support styles like bold, italic, ... nor forced positioning. There are plenty of other little problems too.

2. Koloss

Koloss Member

I use my ShieldTV Pro now with kodi 21 nightly(Support DV) and my DV brightness is perfect !
    I hope Zidoo fix the brightness problem with lg oled c9 and cx in the future.

3. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

What Brightness problem with C9 are you referring to?

4. Koloss

Koloss Member

Ok, i think i have read here lg c9 have the same dv brightness problem as CX.
    i can be wrong.

5. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

So what brightness problems does have CX have?

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Depends on the type -

PGS subtitles are graphics so only position and brightness can be set.

SRT are text and so you can adjust position, size and colour.

I don't know of any plans to change this.

7. Koloss

Koloss Member

@Born: please read my posts here and you can see the problem.

B0RN likes this.
  8. soundeluxe

soundeluxe New Member

Hello all. So, i just need little help from of you. First of all, i'm so sorry for my bad English. So, i'm using Zidoo Z1000 Pro. Now, i want to exclude all poster, background and .nfo file to movies and tv series collection folder, i do this and everything is ok, but i see now in all movies folder have posters and fanart from TMDB. I've already upload too many poster from 192.168.1.105:9528 adress. But just export another poster. How can i do export my uploading poster and background and .nfo file again?

9. salora

salora Member

Hi every device has different output default parameters and setting so comparing them might not be a good thing. And there is nothing to fix here.
    Maybe the zidoo has right brightness and the shield is wrong even if you prefer it, maybe not. That's why calibration tools are useful.
    That being said did you try to adjust the settings found in display-picture paremeters? You can set brightness, contrast etc maybe playing with that will give you a picture more to your liking

10. Koloss

Koloss Member

I am not a noob, my tv pictures settings from zidoo and shieldtv are the same. My refernce is also lg tv apps from disney+, amazon prime and netflix. The Apps have the same brightness as shieldtv.

The problem is my zidoo z9x !
    Normal HDR Content is correct bright on zidoo.

11. salora

salora Member

Ain't said you're a noob, just trying to respecfully help here !
    Why people take offense when one try to help?

And i'll finish with the following and leave you with your problem : same settings on a nvidia powered shield and a realtek powered zidoo WILL not give the same results because they are not the same chips with not the same color spectrum etc that why you can tune brightness etc
    I was not talking about your tv picture settings but the zidoo picture settings as i said
    Anyway if you don't want to give it a try it's your call.

darkeyes909 and Deano86 like this.
  12. Koloss

Koloss Member

TV contrast and oled light are 100, it is the maximum.
    On Zidoo you can only changes picture parameter on SDR mode, not in DV mode.

B0RN likes this.
  13. Kcoenen

Kcoenen New Member

I'm facing the same problem with my LG C1. Some movies are just unwatchable as they are too dark on the Zidoo. Watching the same movie on an Apple TV 4K with the same TV Settings (I use a HDMI Switch to switch between the devices, so the TV input always stays the same with the same display settings) it's looking much brighter and you can see much more details in dark parts of movies.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2023
    B0RN likes this.
  14. Koloss

Koloss Member

Thank you Kcoenen, i am not alone.

I use one hdmi input on tv, there is my denon 4500 and all devices hang on it.

I have tested also direct to TV HDMI Input, same problem.

B0RN likes this.
  15. lanz

lanz Member

I don't think you understand, there's a huge difference between rendering internal and external subtitles. If I extract the subtitles from my MKVs, the rendering is correct, but it's a relatively long process. It would just be nice to have the same rendering as with external subtitles. I assumed this was a hardware limitation, so I wonder if with the new generation it would be possible to have better (or the same) rendering as with external subtitles.

16. Paulo Pedullo

Paulo Pedullo Member

i am using the default settings of the zidoo, i even did go there and click in reset, but values remain the same, i think it is 32 for all options.

17. Paulo Pedullo

Paulo Pedullo Member

i always used vivid mode in all sources,lg c9 internal apps and apple tv is definily more bright, other modes makes the screen even more dark, tv led is the standart tv led? i think my is in the default LLDV option

18. Paulo Pedullo

Paulo Pedullo Member

My c9 doesn't have dolby vision IQ mode, on dolby vision vivid mode is clearer the more bright settings on all sources that i have tested

19. Paulo Pedullo

Paulo Pedullo Member

Hey Markswift, can you please see if there is a bug with brazillian subtitles on the z9x? when i select brazillian and portugal subtitles, all subtitles gets duplicate when i am seraching a subtitle to download, and brazillian subtitles is always portugal subtitles

20. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Strange that some people seeing DV brightness issues with LG CX and C1. I had a CX and now have a C2. Never had any brightness issues between DV downloads played on Z9X compared to same programs played via internal TV apps or Apple TV.

xskip and Deano86 like this.