Beta version v6.4.62 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 19, 2023.

1. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Are we still looking at a July release date for this puppy? :->

2. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Denon support replies to all emails when there is a well reported issue, in my experience. :)

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I've not heard any differently and it's ironing out nicely!

xskip and blenky like this.
  4. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Nice, keeping my eye on the pre order page at Futeko!

5. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

They did :D

6. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

We only know if zidoo let me test de z9x pro.
    I sacrifice myself for you guys :,p

7. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

I won't be in a rush to replace my Z1000 Pro.......with the new hardware (?) I gain AV1 decoding, but lose the external Sata connection and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Look forward to hearing from the "early adopters".

8. Markswift2003

Shiny new box? :D

9. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Also lose HLG going by the info on website
    Not a biggy, but theres always the odd uk tv series using it

10. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Oh, not that one again lol ;)

11. Paulo Pedullo

Paulo Pedullo Member

is there any chance that zidoo would download brazillian subtitles? i select brazillian subtitle in options but it only shows subtitles of Portugal, if i select portuguese from portugal and brazillian, it duplicates all subtitles when i tried to download it.

also i think i figure out the problem that it was taking ages to download the subtitles the first time that i turned my zidoo on, it was saving the subtitles in the sdcard, now it is saving on my hard drive, sdcard have plent of space but dont know why it makes subtitles slow to download after the first time my zidoo is turned on, the second movie goes fast, as if the zidoo is trying hard to read the sdcard the first time.

12. Paulo Pedullo

Paulo Pedullo Member

i notice that dolby vision content looks a little more dark them they should with my zidoo z9x, does it have a settings (a part from picture parameters) that corrects this behavior? some dark movies like the new hellraiser is very dark in the zidoo, you can barely see things, i am using the default vivid mode on my lg c9 oled, with apple tv or internal apps from c9 is clear that dolby vision is brighter

13. thivame

thivame Active Member

when a stable and reactive HT...?
    These two qualities have been lost since the .60 firmware.

vddan likes this.
  14. Markswift2003

HLG works just fine on the new boxes.

blenky likes this.
  15. vddan

vddan Active Member

Are we going to have a pre-test?

16. salora

salora Member

Did you try to change the settings like brightness , contrast etc in the android settings?

17. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I had a LG CX and now have an LG C2. Never had any issues with DV brightness. I have also compared DV from downloaded ATV+ shows to same shows on ATV+ app on TV and also my ATV media box. No difference.

Don't use vivid - use a DV setting like Cinema or Cinema Home. On the Zidoo make sure Dolby Vision output is set to TV LED.

xskip likes this.
  18. lanz

lanz Member

@Markswift2003
    Can you tell us if the new Z9X Pro will come with a BT Remote?

Has Zidoo changed much for the new generation? Or did they just upgrade to Android 11. I hope they've finally figured out how to render internal subtitles properly. I also hope the Z9X Pro won't be much more expensive than the current Z9X.

19. Markswift2003

No, it comes with the V11 IR remote - much the same as the V12 but without bluetooth and auto backlight.

Subtitles work fine in as much as how I use them - generally only forced. What particular issue are you referring to with subtitles?

20. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Default Vivid mode?