Beta version v6.4.62 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 19, 2023.

1. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I'm another "don't care" however for whatever reason some folk like it just as clearly someone liked the idea of a clock chime on the hour, another of my "don't cares" ! However when I emerge from sleep at 0530 and look out the window I can see the sunrise and what the weather has in store. I turn on the radio and I'm bombarded with weather reports and the time. So I *really* don't understand. For me both are priorities number Zed, improvements to the prime function like HT, NFO refresh, support of strange and unusual codecs - yes yes yes! but horses for course.... I guess.

thivame, rozel, xskip and 2 others like this.
  2. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Well, I have posted 3 bugs in the last few days and have not got a response from anybody. So I don't know what are actual bugs or maybe that I might need a factory reset.

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Which one?

Just use media center to start playback of a title in a large collection.
    Then change to another title and again another title. It will remain on the old title and change to the new after a long time.
    Have it with all Zidoo models. Here using my UHD3000.

For that lock up it was a one time experience after upgrading to the latest FW. After rthis happening did a Data Reset. Not seen it afterwards.

Last edited: May 4, 2023
  4. Nice Monkey

I do recommend at least a Data Reset when installing latest FW updates.

No point discussing somebody else habits. If non-essential things like Weather Report or Hourly Chime are featured then these should just work correctly as easy as that. If Zidoo has troubles supporting those then they can obviously be removed, but having features that don' t work is just annoying.

B0RN, vddan, Letmein and 1 other person like this.
  5. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

data reset?

6. Netmask

Just checked and weather ok :) The irony, it works for a “I don’t care person’

Screenshot_20230504-095034.png

7. Nice Monkey

There are options for just clearing all data used by all APP' s or for a full factory reset.
    For problems with just the APP's a clear data will do (no restart needed). For system instabilities a full factory reset is needed.

8. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

Yes, for you. But it can be important to anyone else. So it's a shame to argue about it, rather you accept it: the people are different. By the way the weather app works perfect.

darkeyes909 and Letmein like this.
  9. Netmask

I’m not arguing about it merely commenting how it affects me. If it’s needed or wanted by others go for it, no problems with a multitude of facilities that I’m not interested in, as long as it doesn’t come at the expense of the core requirements. It’s really about setting priorities in order of importance of those things that affect adversely the core functions. Maybe the weather problem some are experiencing may be the local supplier of the information?

10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The one highlighted in bold.

I assume you're talking about music?

If that's the case, I still can't replicate it - On my Z9X my music library is 124,000 tracks. If I play a track from Media Center, Music player opens and the track plays - that process takes maybe 3s.

If I then return to Media Center, leaving the original track playing and choose another track, whether it's from the same album/artist or not, Media Player opens again and the new track plays - again, that process takes about 3s.

If I do exactly as you state above "use media center to start playback of a title in a large collection. Then change to another title and again another title" the first track plays, the second track plays and then the third track plays, each time the transition takes less than 3s.

This is the case whether I use normal navigation to return to Media Center from Music Player or use an assigned shortcut key to get back to Media Center.

Changing tracks within Music Player without resorting to Media Center is of course to all intents and purposes, immediate.

The music is on a network drive.

By the way, I've never performed a data reset or restart after a FW upgrade.

**edit**

It also occurred to me that the behaviour you describe may be attributable to having an unscanned music library.

I also have a separate backup of the music - so a separate network drive that Music Player hasn't scanned, with the same 124,000 tracks.

So I tried the same on those tracks, and in fact track starting was quicker in that case - again, using Media Center but now track starting is almost immediate without the 3s start time.

11. Nice Monkey

Oh yes I use un-scanned libraries all the time. I needed the data clear for Music Player mostly.
    My library resides on a USB (Z9X) or SATA Internal (UHD3000) drive.
    It should not be mandatory to use the library system every time I do add a new album which I want to listen to if I like it or not.

I do have Media Center for that with my own organization of album types and next album categories. Mostly neither use HT for watching new movies, mostly resulting in a one time view only.

Will try to nail down when this happens and maybe make a video recording of it?
    May have to do with jumping between formats as I do play FLAC, SACD and DTS-CD randomly.

12. clueluzz

clueluzz Member

Is there a way to show the aspect ratio in the info page of the movie? After all this time of ownership, I just realized the aspect ratio of the films are not showing.

13. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

It's been a few weeks and so far nothing about the Neo Alpha firmware....
    We bought a Premium product but we are not treated the same

gymnos, Jimibxl and Visconti12 like this.
  14. thivame

thivame Active Member

As mentioned by some, that the player announces the weather, shows the time like the church chimes, or makes coffee...that's cool (or not) but that it should be done once the player manages to do its main function without bugs...that is: multimedia player with video library management.

vddan, Letmein and Netmask like this.
  15. Jimibxl

Jimibxl New Member

Agree i have a neo s and still waiting for a new update. Generally new products (high end) are the 1st to receive new updates.

Eleonor likes this.
  16. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

yes and them mention that the premium product gets the first firmware..full of bugs.. ;)
    Lets us beta test so that your premium high end machines get a good firmware.

I can understand their choices..but also understand you.

17. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

Except that rather all Zidoo firmware are beta versions.... :)
    But we're still waiting... maybe they're working on other more important things

18. darky_zidoo

true true

19. darky_zidoo

I noticed that for trailers "no sound"only works for online trailers. Local trailers just play the sound.

The crash to the main screen....seems to happen when it starts a local trailer. Doesn't happen often.

( small question..can you change the trailer it finds? Once in a while it finds the wrong trailer..for example from a remake)

20. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Are you seeing the crashing to the main screen even after installing the just released separate update to HT4 only?

B0RN and darky_zidoo like this.