Beta version v6.4.62 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 19, 2023.

1. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Ok this gets weird. In HT4 preferences I changed 'Source of scraping (Movies) from 'Intelligent' to 'TMDb priority'. I then disbanded the collections and rematched each movie individually with TMDb. Doing that HT4 automatically created the collections as soon as the second movie from each 'collection' was rematched. So HT4 created 'The Dark Knight Collection' and 'The Avengers Collection' without input from me.

2. khollister

khollister Member

Exactly how it has always worked for me. TMDB has some predefined collections and HT will create them automatically. Infuse Pro on the ATV does exactly the same thing.

blenky likes this.
  3. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

HT is very sensitive in wording and even in blank spaces. Sometimes to re-enter the title choosing TMDB again is enough to find it in the list .

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Ah - are the others collections ones you've manually created yourself?

If so, the scraper won't have anywhere to draw on artwork other than local images.

5. Markswift2003

I have all the movies you have here and The Avengers Collection and Dark Knight Collection were automatically collated and I've always used "Intelligent" - never found the need to change it.

What's weird is that you had to manually create these collections in the first place (I assume that's what happened, hence the lack of online art).

6. Martin Musko

Martin Musko Member

After it had worked again initially in this version, the Wheather App now needs to be reconfigured every time you power on the Z9X. Error message: cannot find data .

vddan, Edworld and B0RN like this.
  7. ofir

ofir Member

Weather application limited to 17 times:p

vddan likes this.
  8. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Anyone who had HT crashes and resolved it with new HT APK version .51 - if you happen to reset your player, be sure to reload the APK as part of the setup otherwise it will come back like it did on mine and couldnt figure out why until I checked the apk version and reloaded the new one again.

Hopefully, the .51 apk is baked into the new Beta so we dont have to redo this step every time we reset.

9. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The problem with (very) slow title starts using Media Center is still there.
    Have seen also a lock up of the player when starting a Full Menu BD start needing to flip the power switch on my UHD3000.

vddan likes this.
  10. Markswift2003

Can you elaborate? Not seen this.

11. thivame

thivame Active Member

It's already been 3 times that the navigation in HT4 movies crashes...(when the wall is in horizontal mode)
    I also noticed that loading (custom) genre images took longer and loading the video library was slower too

vddan and B0RN like this.
  12. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

See Post #288.

13. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Another bug that's been happening for a while is my hard drives that are plugged into my Z9X keep going to sleep so after I'm finished watching something if i try to play anything that is on a different hard drive from the show I just finished, I have to wait like 30-40 seconds before it will start playing. pressing the play button in HT Seems to do nothing till the hard drive wakes up, then it will play it. I have in settings the option to keep hard drives awake, but it does nothing.

vddan likes this.
  14. thivame

thivame Active Member

I forgot to specify that I was with HT APK version 4.2.51

15. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Ohhhhhhhhh... that's not good. I'll be honest, something does seem off after this latest FW, especially with Hard Drives running rather hard. I dont like it.

16. Martin Musko

Martin Musko Member

:(I can understand that the developers have a problem with such complex matters as posters etc. in HT due to their qualification, but a simple app for wheather reports should even they be able to program. It definitely shows a lite on their professional expertease!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

17. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

I've said it so many times before - the design philosphy difference between ZDMC and HT4 extends way beyound the GUI. When I was using HT4, it's like it's always scanning the dives, even with the setting off in prefernces...different ways of managing a DB I guess.

Last edited: May 3, 2023
  18. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

man who cares about weather app?? I don't even understand why they even put it there, as I use different launcher I'm fine without it. :)

xskip likes this.
  19. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

I don't understand you for that! Just because you don't care, it might be important to someone else.

20. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

it is useless!!!! you want to check the weather, look at your phone! or is that task too much for you? There are issues that are way more important than a quality of life feature.

thivame and Gilgamesh like this.