Root possible?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X8' started by agmarco, Nov 10, 2016.

1. agmarco

agmarco Member

Does anyone know if the X8 can be rooted? Maybe the same way as the X9S? Thank you.

2. Lony

Lony Active Member

No, don`t use the Root over Lan.

Zidoo must produced a Root for his System !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

agmarco likes this.
  3. agmarco

agmarco Member

Thanks for your clear reply. Zidoo team please fix this. I just ordered one and I really need root access. Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  4. agmarco

agmarco Member

Zidoo team can you please let me know if it will be possible soon to root the X8? I want to know because my X8 will arrive one of these days. And no ROOT is NO GO.
    Thank you!

5. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

agmarco, only for curiosity, why?

6. agmarco

agmarco Member

PacoRabanne, I use a X6 Pro currently and this is rooted too. Let's say it brings me some comfort and flexibility. If you look at the threads and posts, and I am sure you have seen them, more people with other devices are working with rooted devices. Also offered by Zidoo team. So it is not only me who is happy with the possibility to root. Not sure if my answer is making it less vague.... ;-)

7. agmarco

agmarco Member

Zidoo team can you please let us know if there are plans of getting a root solution for the X8?

8. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

agmarco, as you have surely seen in my posts, anso I want root, on all my android devices.
    But, looking to experience of other users that needs really unrooted device to use some (pesky) app, I prefer to have a fine official root (like the one offered by Zidoo for X6 pro I also own), but also a true unroot for the many users who need a really "not rooted" device for a satisfying device use.
    So, is Zidoo is waiting to release a root method for the above reasons, I prefer to wait.

On the other hand, Zidoo is not answering in a clear way either yours and mine requests...

agmarco likes this.
  9. agmarco

agmarco Member

Zidoo team I have a lot of respect for your work and I can know because I own a X6 Pro and I am happy how your team struggled through the issues and fixed most of them. But I now like to get that respect from you too. Can you please reply at the question if the X8 is going to have a root possibility? No is also an answer. Thank you.

10. spring

spring Guest

Hi all:
    the android6.0 change the root management mechanism, and it difficulty to root the device.
    and we try many method to root device, and it could not.
    we will continue to this work.

agmarco likes this.
  11. agmarco

agmarco Member

Thank you for the reply. I know you are going to fix this as there is a root for the X9S which also uses Android 6.0. Grazie mille.

12. agmarco

agmarco Member

In the X9S topic Zidoo claims the almost have a root option available. Unfortunately they are not replying at my question if this will work for our X8 also. I really need it. New reason is that with a Mele F10 and other similar devices the USB takes over the output of sound and I have no sound through the speakers anymore. It can be solved with editing a policy but we need root access to do this. Hope Zidoo solves this soon.

13. spring

spring Guest

Hi
    we will add those function in V1.2.8 for X9S and X8
    1: onkeyroot apk support, to root the device.
    2: usb audio option button, to close the usb audio.

agmarco likes this.
  14. agmarco

agmarco Member

Much appreciated! Can't wait for 1.2.8! Thanks team Zidoo!

15. agmarco

agmarco Member

Yoh Zidoo team, hope you had all had a great X-mas time! Sorry to push but I see there is some progress at the X9S beta firmware and even a onekeyroot app to root the X9S. Any chance we will see this soon for our X8?

16. j0534ng31

j0534ng31 Member Beta test group

The Zidoo team has yet said in many posts that they plan to release the final 1.2.8 version close to the New Year's Day.

Right now there are two different beta firmwares, one for each model: X9S and X8.
    Both firmwares have included the two asked options: USB Audio and OneKeyRoot.
    However, I can't assure you that will work as expected because I had no time to test them in depth
    (As the main purpose of those beta versions was to allow the beta testers to check their own translations before public release, I've been very busy correcting the spanish one)

agmarco likes this.
  17. agmarco

agmarco Member

Zidoo told us weeks ago "any day, next week, before Christmas..... ". Let's see. I am, just like a lot of other members, awaiting fixes for the device we bought. We didn't make promises. But I also have a X6 Pro and I know Zidoo team are dedicated and I respect them. Hope they will make us happy soon.

18. ScottJ

ScottJ New Member

I've seen reports of users testing Beta5, so I know they are working to make sure it is stable/complete before releasing it to the general public. We just need to be a little more patient (I too just got an X8 and am anxiously awaiting the 1.2.8 release).

19. agmarco

agmarco Member

I think we all are still awaiting the root app and the new 1.2.8 version. Close to New Year can be added to "any day, next week, before Christmas, close to New Year..... ".
    Zidoo don't have to push FW or root app when there are still issues. But if someone states it is coming "before or close to".... it would be appreciated to update the comment or at least tell us how long we still have to wait. I still can't use some apps I have running on my rooted X6 Pro and I can't use my Mele F10 Pro because of USB sound. I am still a happy Zidoo user but please don't keep us waiting without news to long.

20. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

It is in the final test phase now.

agmarco likes this.