Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Switch Frame Rate and Resolution lets the C9 scale - everything spits out native as far as resolution and framerate is concerned.

If you switch it off you get no resolution or frame rate matching, so everything will be output at the GUI framerate and resolution regardless of the file - don't do that!!!

Pete B and B0RN like this.
  2. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Whoa! didn't know Off did that! Glad I asked, thanks, you are a life saver Mark.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  3. Verve

Verve New Member

Has anyone tried playing Dolby demo clips and getting stuttering? I tried pufferfish and chameleon. Core universe runs ok for the 1st half then when DV kicks in, I get stuttering (DV settings are default/auto). I don't get stuttering on DV movie rips. Is it my TV which can't handle Dolby demos, or is there some way to resolve this? My TV is Hisense u8h

4. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Stuttering seems to be a common complaint with that TV - shorturl.at/wS129

5. Markswift2003

You're not playing M2TS files directly are you?

6. Verve

Verve New Member

Yes they are m2ts files and I'm playing it through the Z9X. Am I doing something wrong? Sorry if there's something I don't really know I should be doing.

7. Markswift2003

Yes ;)

Don't do that :)

M2TS are transport streams and should only be played as part of a BDMV structure controlled by MPLS playlists.

Either play the full disc with menus or convert to MKV with MakeMKV and they'll play perfectly.

Verve likes this.
  8. Verve

Verve New Member

I tried converting, but unfortunately, I still get stuttering when playing the different MKVs..

9. Markswift2003

No idea why. Did you use MakeMKV?

10. Verve

Verve New Member

Yup..MakeMKV beta downloaded from their website. Maybe it's my TV like what the other users commented. But I have no issue playing DV netflix titles and other ripped DV movies so there must be something special about these Dolby DV clips.. :eek:

11. Markswift2003

I can't see it being your TV since other files play fine and these clips are nothing special (other than being full of annoying Dolby hyperbole) - they're Profile 7 whereas Netflix etc use Profile 5, but UHD BDs are Profile 7 too.

12. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Side question, does MakeMKV allow for two different files to be combined - say a DV video in one folder combined with a track in another folder?

13. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

All files the same framerate?

14. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

One would be the audio track, sorry should have clarified. But I have tried this in the past and anyone one file opens up, it gets rid of the previous folder. Unlike MKVToolNix where you can add and subtract as many diff. tracks as possible but with MTN, you loose Dolby Vision. I am trying to mux DV files with diff. audio tracks and cant figure out how.

15. Markswift2003

You can't use MakeMKV like that.

But you can use MKVToolnix to mux a Dolby Vision file with a different audio track without losing Dolby Vision.

Can you be more specific on the format of the Dolby Vision file - m2ts? mkv? mp4? STDL? DTDL? STSL? The way you handle it depends on the file type and layer construction.

B0RN likes this.
  16. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

The first file is full rip movie, I pull the index file of that for the first layer and second layer and the other file is a MKV of an atmos track. When muxed, I ended up with an HDR10 only file instead.

17. xskip

xskip Active Member

i use MKVToolNix for this. just drag second file to app, click yes, and select video from one and audio from another, commentary... works great.

B0RN likes this.
  18. xskip

xskip Active Member

Like this:

Attached Files:

19. Markswift2003

Right - that's DTDL, so to preserve the Dolby Vision layer you first rip to a STDL MKV with MakeMKV and then remux the resultant MKV with the Atmos track from the other MKV.

Problems can arise with sync depending where the Atmos track came from - usually you have to do a little work figuring out the sync because if the two sources have different production logos or vanity cards at the start, the actual movie soundtrack starts at different times. Then you can get slightly different versions so even if the start is in sync, the end might not be so always check start, middle and end.

B0RN and Oldpainless like this.
  20. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Aha so thats the step I am missing - gotta make a DV MKV first with MakeMKV and then use that MKV to merge with any Audio track in MKVToolNix. And yes, somebody was kind enough to calculate the delay for me so I should be good there. Thanks a ton!

Markswift2003 likes this.