Recommended Settings and other knowhow for HiFi players/playback

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Another guy confirm that he can’t install the app : « This app is not available for your device because it was designed for an older version of Android. »

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I use the Zidoo install procedure.

3. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Hmm - well I'm running the app on my Samsung Tablet, which is currently running on Android 13. But for some reason I don't see a folder structure to play from. So I'm using UAPP / MP7 and turning my TV screen off when playing Albums etc

4. ptitmick22

ptitmick22 Member

Hello. To install UAPP ON THE Z 1000 PRO I have to install the G version on the ZIDOO?
    THANK YOU

5. ptitmick22

ptitmick22 Member

Concernant mon écoute HIFI j'ai plusieurs solutions :

1 : j'écoute ma musique directement via le hdmi branché sur mon denon avc4700
    2 : ZIDOO branché en coaxial directement sur mon ampli
    3 : ZIDOO connecté coaxialement à un DAC externe (cambridge magic 100)

Si vous avez des avis, des commentaires pour l'écoute HIFI, je suis tout ouïe.

6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Yes. Although there are .apk files out there, with regards to UAPP, I found these troublesome.

With regards to your following post, you forgot to translate

7. ptitmick22

ptitmick22 Member

really sorry

Concerning my HIFI listening I have several solutions:

1: I listen to my music directly through the hdmi plugged into my denon avc4700
    2: ZIDOO connected coaxially directly to my amp
    3: ZIDOO coaxially connected to an external dac (cambridge magic 100)

If you have any opinions, comments for HIFI listening, I'm all ears.

8. Nice Monkey

UAPP has a registration check build-in. So using the Play Store is the only good way to use it.

9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I listen to my hi-definition stereo music via one of two external DACs (see my signature) connected from my Z1000 Pro via USB - brilliant sounds via my AVR or using Headphones.

10. ptitmick22

ptitmick22 Member

Hello. Have you compared the android usb audio pro app and the onkyo hifi unlocker app on the z1000pro? Which one is the best?
    Thanks

11. Nice Monkey

Chapter 6

rozel likes this.
  12. ptitmick22

ptitmick22 Member

13. lightsout

lightsout Member

Is there a solid music app alternative that doesn't require the playstore. I read chapter 6. I don't need USB DAC I have z9x and I listen with Denon 3500 over HDMI. But I don't love the tagging/sorting of the music app. I also find the scanning and updating of folders to be incredibly slow.

xskip likes this.
  14. ptitmick22

ptitmick22 Member

Hello. Since I installed USB Audio Player Pro, I get a notification from Uapp every time I turn on my Z1000 pro.
    "Allow Uapp to access USB Serial ATA bridge". I've disabled Uapp notifications in the settings but this message keeps appearing. Do you know how to stop getting this message?

Last edited: May 29, 2023
  15. salora

salora Member

Since it's an hifi issue this will be better here

I've discovered an issue that might be long going anyway not specific to that firmware or maybe i don't know.
    I've several Bluray audio and pure audio with 24/96 hi res pcm tracks.
    I've ripped them and play with HT4.
    With the internal dac if plays fine. If connected to an external dac with optical, the dac shows it's receiving 24/96 file and plays fine.
    If the zidoo is connected to the same dac with usb the dac shows it's receiving 24/192 file and play at half speed.
    I don't have any problem with the music player.
    maybe it's a bug , maybe HT4 is not compatible with an external usb output to a dac
    can you please look into this

16. salora

salora Member

Having read again this from the hifi thread : "Warning: When playing these albums using an External USB DAC be sure to set Audio Output to 2CH LPCM for downmixing. This is not done automatically like using the Internal DAC with HiFi models."
    I checked again even with 2 ch lpcm out everywhere still playing half speed through usb to external dac
    But it's supposed to be working

17. toshu

toshu Member

I am curious what software you used to rip BL audio and Pure Audio

18. salora

salora Member

Full disc copy straight to iso.
    They are other people in the last firmware thread confirming issues of rhe same nature.
    I also did a mkv with makemkv same issue

19. ja.viper

ja.viper New Member

Hello,
    I would like to ask about Zidoo Z1000Pro and Tidal Connect.
    I have Zidoo z1000 pro -> McIntosh d150/C47 and then Emotiva XPA -> BW 702 S2 .
    And I'm able to listen to all Flac and DSD and ISOs I have stored on internal HDD.
    I'm able to play it via remote control on TV or via the mobile app on my Android phone.
    I'm able to use Spotify Connect.
    But I'm not able to run Tidal on zidoo .
    I can't find apk for Tidal Connect. I install apk for Tidal it self on Zidoo but when I run it it asks for approval for cookies, but I can't do anything with the remote control. There are no reactions.
    What is the correct way how to setup Tidal Connect on Zidoo ?

Thanks

20. salora

salora Member

You will need a google version of your firmware for tidal to run. You can download it from play store
    Then tidal connect work just fine .
    Did that same thing on my uhd3000 this week