Feature requests for HT4.0

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Temearoo, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Be careful with this option. If you change you mind later and you want to add the same movie once again, HT will ignore it. The only way will be to change the name of the file to create a new entry in the database. IMHO, the best way to remove a show or a movie from the wall remains to delete it in the Media Center.

2. Akhnaten

Akhnaten Member

Usually, when you delete a movie you just watched, because you didn't like it and therefore don't want to keep it,
    it's not to put it back in your video library later.

On the other hand, you just have to be careful not to erase a title by this method, for a question of video quality...
    thinking of put it back later in a new version/edition.

Weird way for the HT, to use this feature !

Delete a file is one thing, and tag a title entry to ignore it from futur scrap is a totally different operation !
    It's not normal that by thinking of doing one, we end up sneakily with the execution of the other...

Zidoo should really clarify the action that is applied when using the erase function in this menu...because it is tricky indeed !

By the way, thanks Temearoo for the precisions !

3. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

The option to only delete the video file has no consequences in HT, the other one yes (Just to be clear).

This is exactly what I was thinking about (or if you would like to force a refresh of the database because of new/corrected datas or images for a tv show on TMDb). This option should delete the entry in the database, to be able to add the movie once again in the future. To do a backup frequently and to keep it somewhere can help if you change your mind.

And one more time, a new option to force a refresh of the database for a tv show or a movie would be helpful.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2022
    Metaman, vddan and Akhnaten like this.
  4. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

True, so Caveat Emptor applies to this function.

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yeah - it's a really dangerous function and personally I don't think it should be there..

Oldpainless likes this.
  6. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

Probably asked for but a real-time clock would be nice- on screen current time and time-ending of playing video.

Also an auto-rewind feature after unpausing, say 3-10 secs would be helpful.

7. vddan

vddan Active Member

Idem !

8. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Not really the good thread for an issue. You should create a new thread about that. :)

Netherless, there is definitely an issue for the TV shows with cast and director handling for the last firmware, as already mentioned in the dedicated thread about it.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
  9. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

A couple of settings for the random/lottery widget should be nice, for example to only display the unwatched videos, to tick/untick if the widget will use TV shows, Movies or both of them, stuff like that.

10. zabrak

zabrak New Member

Also for the files in Dolby Vision.

Thank you very much Temearoo for your post, especially for the request about SRT !

11. Canaiya

Canaiya New Member

Hi, would it be possible that when playing a movie, the forced subtitles of the language you are watching are selected? Testing some movies, HT has the same problem as Plex with the subtitles and that is that you have to select them in each video, not like Kodi, which does take the one you indicate by default.
    Thanks and regards!

12. Anthony C.

Anthony C. Member

Not sure what your settings are or what’s flagged (or not flagged) in your files, but I have zero issues with forced subtitles showing on any files. And I don’t have to select anything manually. It could be that the subtitle in your file is flagged default, but not forced. It needs to be set forced. This is easy to set in the header provided we’re talking about MKVs with internal subtitles.

Canaiya, Phil181 and Netmask like this.
  13. thivame

thivame Active Member

Good morning,
    I'm reposting a request here, although it's not a feature request but rather an optimization request.
    When we are in a season of TV series, it is possible to indicate "watched" manually an episode and it is very practical.
    Do you think it would be possible to put in the same place the option "refresh metadatas"? That is to say, when we are on the episode, by clicking on the "menu" button, we would have two choices:
    selection 1: "mark the episode as "watched / not watched"
    selection 2: "refresh metadata"
    Indeed, I'm very happy that the option is finally present and works, but for TV series it's a pain, you have to go to the source, search for the series, then finally the episode concerned and when there are more than 3 or 4 seasons, you have to scroll everything...
    Thanks for the consideration.

vddan likes this.
  14. vddan

vddan Active Member

15. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Same issue in my ZX9 updated v6.4.62 two days ago.

16. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

about recently added, now it shows both movies and tv show on same page/line, can't it be one for movie and one for tv show, also if possible add the option to get smaller posters as they are way too big on the first page.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2023
  17. Piper2603

Piper2603 New Member

How about a "sort-function"? I mean like Plex (Movie Title, Original Title (not really necessary) Sort Title). Because I don't like Collections on the Moviewall, but without Collections the Movies are somewhere on the Moviewall and I don't want to change the Movietitle like Charlie's Angel 1, Charlie's Angel 2 ... if there is a Sort Title we can do it there

18. Charles Lee

Charles Lee New Member

In cover view, we should be able to scroll left to go from the first to the last movie. As it is, we can scroll right and go from the last to the first movie, but not vice versa.

19. thivame

thivame Active Member

Since we can't have a "unwatched" option button (which would act on all folders), would it be possible to separate TV series and movies in the "unwatched" folder?

20. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

To have a shade of gray a little bit lighter than the actual one for the SRT subtitles would be nice. For now, when we watch content in HDR with subtitles in SRT, we have a white too luminous (that's correct) and a first option of grey too dark if you compare of what we get with PGS subtitles in the same configuration.