Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. Edworld

Edworld Member

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

For sure the X20, X20 Pro and UHD3000 models all have Dual HDMI too. :p
    Sorry for the apparently misleading reply. The incorrect was meant for the Neo models specifically. Sorry for the fuzz. :oops:

Yes splitters can work and be used as alternative but be sure about passing 4K with HDR in all modes which can be problematic on teh Video Port.

3. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

5. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

I finally had time to switch fron online to local Trailers again.
    I downloaded the trailers with TinyMediaMeanager ( i noticed they were having IMDB trailer problems also).
    These trailer workj just a few seconds for me.
    So after the download...in file explorer I sorted them out on *-trailer.* and dropped them all in to StaxRip and recoded them in MKV 1080p.
    StaxRip allows them to be written in the original directory even if they are all different directories. ( i used time and date to delete the older trailers)

Local MKV trailers work lovely now.

Deano86 likes this.
  6. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Just finished trying this hdmi switch, everything works great except for one thing, it doesn't pass dts-hd audio, it just goes dts normal at 1536, everything else i tried, dolby vision, true-hd, hdr-10 etc...it works perfectly, I don't understand why the dts-hd doesn't pass, I inverted the hdmi cables, I changed them, I tried them all but the dts-hd doesn't work.......
    Can you recommend a switch (possibly on Amazon) that is sure everything works?
    Thank you

7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@Nejiro Sorry, I wish I could - I use a HDFury Vertex2. I asked for feedback for a friend as well as for the forum generally

8. Dts hd wil not work whit a switch use a hd fury and everything wil work

9. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

That is, true-hd works, dolby vision works, hdr-10 works and dts-hd doesn't? It seems absurd to me...... Thanks for the advice of HD-fury but it costs twice as much as Zidoo , I don't think it makes sense to spend double the Zidoo for an hdmi splitter, at this point I give up something and end of the story....... Do you understand that dta-hd only works with hd fury?

10. it wil fur sure work whit the hd fury arcana its only 200 and yes the problem is your older yamaha and you have a choice to buy a hd fury ore buy a new receiver that wil properly work whit 4k

11. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

I understand but the arcana costs €229, so more than the Zidoo, at this point I'll take the uhd3000 :D or give up the dolby vision.....

12. Wen you buy a hd fury and a linear power supply for your z9x it wil by the same as a uhd3000 and only have of the money

13. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Basically from what I understand the Zidoo reads the edid of the tv (Sony 65A80K) which does not support dts-hd and therefore does not send the stream, there is no way to make the zidoo read the edid of the yamaha which supports dts -hd?

14. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

if spending couple hundred pounds on more gear ,your better off spending it on a new model reciever which will have no issues

new denon 2800h is like 699 pounds so on sale your 1/3 the way
    i know i had to do it with my Sony 1080 atmos amp and never regretted it ,plus it gave me the chance to add 2 more hieght speakers and the newer denon H series can do 4 seperate subs out too now

15. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

You can build custom EDID with all the stuff you like. Here is the thread dedicated to it, all 33 pages of EDID stuff here :D
    Ask Mark, he will help you build it.
    There are HDMI splitters that support configuration files to merge EDID's as well.

Custom file for Zidoo is the simplest solution.

16. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Right but the splitter I bought doesn't give me the possibility to decide the edid to send it, it does everything by itself and apparently it takes the one from the TV.......

17. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

see if you can still find an old AVRKey (made by HDFury), discontinued but they may be found as old stock or second hand. It just works (with DV and lossless audio bitstream) and is cheaper than the new models......

18. Edworld

Edworld Member

Is it this one?
    https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=30457

19. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

20. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Do you recommend Hdfury, is there the possibility of manually entering the edid and in this case would I put the Yamaha's edid? Because if not, I'd be at the same point as before.....