ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Forget wallpaper - a setup like that deserves a bigger telly ;)

Nice.

IdahoBill likes this.
  2. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

Attached Files:

xskip likes this.
  3. IdahoBill

IdahoBill New Member

LOL, pic is a bit deceiving, it’s 75” but the towers make it look smaller.
    Sure seems like a great (and simple) improvement on MP7 to let us change the wallpaper .

Markswift2003 likes this.
  4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

When I'm playing music I turn TV screen off

Pete B likes this.
  5. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Mark and team, a question - most of my library is full 4K BDMV folders (I like menus) and also have an OPPO in the chain. Now I am considering switching to a NAS or NFS for both Oppo and Z9X but Oppo will only recognize those BDMV folders if put them into an AVCHD folder first. But I am not sure whether Z9X will read that AVCHD folder correctly when scraping.

As a test, I did one movie where I used the AVCHD folder and re-scraped the changed and to my surprise the Z9X read and played the movie correctly as a recently added movie. My question is, will Z9X have no issue reading these AVCHD folders if done corretly across all 800 some movies I have? It worked for one movie but wasn't sure if it'll break somewhere or for some reason before I did all the work. I am still surprised it did work for the one 4K movie.

6. Markswift2003

Shouldn't be a problem - just create a test of say 5 movies with this structure. If 5 work, 800 will work.

(If you're going to rescrape everything, I'd export NFO and artwork and use that so the library comes back the same)

Engineer99 and B0RN like this.
  7. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Sounds good, and yes got the NFO export already done and good to go and when I rescraped it remember the poster and movie and all that good stuff but doesnt hurt to be reminded for sure, thanks!

8. IdahoBill

IdahoBill New Member

Hate to harp on this but just so I’m not beating myself up with research, does anyone know definitively whether or not a background wallpaper can be displayed while a song is being played in full screen? Can’t seem to get anything but a faded black background.
    TIA

9. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Good news, tried 6 more movies, they all worked with the AVCHD folder - now I just gotta figure out why the heck OPPO won't play those folders as full rips over network.

10. DMD

DMD Member

Good evening.
    I am in possession of the old LG 65B6V (2016) and regarding some demos in Dolby Vision @60fps, the Zidoo allows me to view in HD resolution.
    I assume that with the new generation of displays this problem does not exist.
    It's not that the issue is of vital importance, as other than demos I don't see that there are any other types of movies.
    I assume that nothing can be done for my TV model.
    Thank you

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

11. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Yeah, we talked bout it before. This is the limitation of earlier OLED screens with first generation of DV. System limits are set in EDID generated by the TV.
    Check this post again here.

DMD likes this.
  12. Markswift2003

Blimey you've got a good memory :)

13. DMD

DMD Member

Thank you.
    That was what I was thinking, seeing the 2K DV demos is not bad and when the time comes I will upgrade to the newer display.

14. DMD

DMD Member

Good evening.
    I ask if it is possible to check the real time bit rate on on-screen during playback.
    I can check the info only if I press the stop button.
    Thank you

15. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

if you pause the video it shows the real time bitrate.

16. DMD

DMD Member

Yes. I knew that, I meant whether it was possible to see the value during reproduction.

17. Edworld

Edworld Member

What about hitting info twice while playing media?

18. DMD

DMD Member

Sorry, but I didn't get it.
    Maybe I mistranslated the question, I meant if there is an option to display the real time bitrate to see the variability during playback.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
  19. Markswift2003

What firmware? Realtime bitrate has been there for quite a while now - just press the info button when a file is playing.

DMD likes this.
  20. DMD

DMD Member

Thank you.
    I humbly apologize, I meant just that and I couldn't remember the button anymore, also because I was using an air mouse equivalent remote control.
    I always use the latest FW 6.4.42._G

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023