Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

you will want to put your HDMI on Advanced with DV and VRR. usually, I have problems with my T.V Unless I have this option selected.

2. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Not been around for awhile but is this product abandoned been a very long time since the last firmware update. With new products out is this the reason no more? or maybe working hard to get menu's sorted, ok that last part was a joke.

3. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

@gadgetman Not abandoned but on hold by developers :oops:

4. Bdub48

Bdub48 Member

Hi

Is there any way to play a trailer whether it’s local or from YouTube and play a soundtrack simultaneously on the info page of a movie or tv show?

Bdub48

5. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

I'm sorry but I can't understand what you mean..... do you have problems too if you put advanced mode dv or vrr?

6. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

I update my situation, yesterday I watched over an hour of film with the Zidoo connected directly to the Sony TV and it never stopped, so at this point I deduce that there is a compatibility problem with my TV (Sony KD- 65A80K) and the Yamaha CX-A5100, I noticed with the Zidoo connected to the Yamaha if I set the VS10 engine only for DV files it doesn't stop, if instead I put automatic it stops.....at this point I don't know how to fix it because if I connect the Zidoo to the tv I have DV but I don't have HD audio if I pass it through the Yamaha I have HD audio but I don't have DV......I should find a player that has an hdmi output only for the 'audio and one for the video......

Tarantula likes this.
  7. I had the same problem and it was gone after rest of the zidoo

8. khollister

khollister Member

VS10 for DV and Auto are functionally the same. If VS10 for DV fixes it, just use that until you feel like resetting the Zidoo. I also suspect the issue is the Zidoo/Yamaha, not the TV.

9. Edworld

Edworld Member

HDMI audio extractor will do

10. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

It appears your Yamaha is an older model without DV passthrough.
    The UHD3000 has the two HDMI outputs and would most likely solve your issue (as does the more expensive Neo Alpha model).

I use an AVRKey (which is no longer being sold) and it works perfectly fine with my non-4K Yamaha AVR. You just need something similar to correctly split the HDMI signal to TV and AVR.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
  11. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Incorrect! Only Neo Alpha has dual HDMI ports (but also used for DSD output then).

12. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Yes exactly, the problem could also be the Zidoo with the Yamaha but how do you know?
    I restored the Zidoo saving the HT4 data (by the way, fabulous, it restored everything perfectly as before without having to do anything) but the problem remained ..... Do you say that I can safely use VS10 for DV? If so that's fine because the thing I don't want to give up is HD audio even at the cost of giving up DV for HDR10........ I saw that the Neo Alpha has an audio-only hdmi output, it would be right for me but it's completely out of my budget.....

13. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Did you solve the problem by resetting the Zidoo? I reset it but the problem remained....

14. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

What would?

15. Yes for me it worked. But I think it's the problem of the hdmi bord of the Yamaha

Check it the Yamaha is on the latest software.
    Wen it still wil not work buy a hd fury to split the video and audio

16. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

I may be mistaken, (and have great respect for your advice) but all the photos of UHD3000 and Neo models show a video HDMI output and separate audio only HDMI port (same as most 4K disk players)?
    https://www.zidoo.tv/Product/spec/model/UHD3000/target/JslBV16DI5FKKmVViAFMcQ==.html

Therefore if someone has an older non-4K/DV AVR, one of these models would work to bypass the strict HDMI restrictions of only passing 1080p video?
    I had considered one of these for myself but could not justify the extra cost, compared to buying the Z1000 Pro and using my AVRKey.

17. Charliecossie

Charliecossie New Member

Errr.... my UHD3000 definitely has two HDMI outputs because I'm using both of them.

Phil181 likes this.
  18. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Sorry but I don't understand what is this fury to separate audio and video, can you give an example please?

19. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

In some cases here, Google is indeed your friend.... to do a little research. Along with the response you got further up regarding using an HDMI audio extractor... both that and an HD Fury would probably help out with with the problem you have been describing... and provide a way to run audio only to your receiver and video only to your display if so needed.

20. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

As you have discovered, the HDMI "copy protection" standards can stop an older AVR without the appropriate 4K "passthrough" circuits from sending 4k video at the same time as lossless audio via HDMI.
    It only allows 1080p video and lossless audio OR 4K video with optical audio (restricted to DTS, Dolby Digital, mpeg etc).
    Some AVRs with older 4K hardware and software, were still unable to process the higher demands of Dolby Vision. As your 5 year old CX-A5100 does have 4K UHD passthrough, this may be your issue and why checking for updated firmware was suggested above (are you on Ver 2.86?).

To get both 4K with Dolby Vision/HDR AND lossless DTS-HD MA or TrueHD via HDMI requires an AVR to meet these standards. The alternative is an HDMI splitter (such as HD Fury/AVRKey) to provide two HDMI outputs, one of which is a 1080p lossless audio signal to the non-compliant AVR).

vddan likes this.