HT4.0 won't find any matches from TMDB?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Jimbo Randy, Feb 26, 2023.

1. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

TMDB doesn't seem to be down, yet HT4.0 won't find anything from it? Looks like TVMAZE works but TMDB just says "no matches found." Is anyone else having this issue right now?

2. JohnG

JohnG Member

Yes. My workaround was using the web-app and matching the "tt...." number from IMDB. That's worked with "difficult" titles.

3. Jimbo Randy

My issue is that TMDB wont' find any results for anything. Does the API usually go down sometimes? It's just not one or two movies. Whole thing seems to not work. Are you having this issue too?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2023
  4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I'm clueless regarding HT4. 0 and rarely use it but about an hour ago I was messing about and had a look at the Poster Wall to see if I had any mismatches. I had one - Tar. TMDB found quite a few matches, one of which was mine :). So for me here in UK, it is working.

5. Jimbo Randy

Hmm. I guess I'll have to see if anyone in the US has this issue. I tried resetting posterwall but it didn't work.

6. Jimbo Randy

Yea API seems to be up but the Zidoo still can't match anything. Not sure what's going on :-/.

Anyone in the US getting the same issue?

7. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

No problems matching with TMDB for movies or tv except the cast list for tv is random and sometimes for movies. TVDB and TVMaze are broken, no cast list at all. I’m in Sydney. TVMaze gets it's data from TVDB

Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
  8. JohnG

JohnG Member

You can reset HT 4.0 by going into each folder on your source drives AND inside the "storage" folder of your Zidoo and DELETE all the files labeled .hometheater After doing that, make sure you empty all the recycle bins including the ones from your source drive(s). Once you've done that, restart HT 4.0 and the Posterwall should be empty. From there, add your Sources and rescan each one to re-populate the Posterwall. Here's more information about HT4.0 and the Posterwall: https://www.mcbluna.net/wp/guide-home-theater-web-frontend/#files

9. Jimbo Randy

Yea I did that. Still not working. TVDB and TMDB are completely broken. Only TVMAZE works for some reason.

10. Jimbo Randy

Okay I fixed it. I had to do a factory reset of the Zidoo. I think posterwall got corrupted. That's actually the 2nd time something like this happened. I am not sure what is corrupting it.

rozel likes this.
  11. Jimbo Randy

I'm not 100% sure but it could be something with the SMB. Seems like whenever you change a folder name or add/remove videos/folders, the entire thing breaks. Next time I'll just try simply removing and re-adding the SMB folder and see if that fixes it, rather than doing a factory reset.

12. Tim Brown

Tim Brown New Member

I have had this happen a few times to me. I believe it has to do with network connection. I have been able to recover by doing a complete power down (remove power for a few seconds) or by dropping the network connection and then re-establishing it (by switching from wifi to hardwire and back again.

13. Jimbo Randy

Thanks. I'll definitely try this next time. That fix seems much easier than doing a factory reset. I tried the power cycling but that didn't fix it, so next time I'll try your trick with the network settings. Not sure if this is a firmware bug or a HT4.0 bug, or if those go hand in hand.