KODI - ZDMC - MATRIX 19.5 - NEXUS 20 - 21

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Feb 1, 2021.

1. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

molasses?

2. Edworld

Edworld Member

jurialmunkey's skins are very light resource wise.

3. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Actually, it's not too bad on Zdmc.

4. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

Aeon Nox Silvo skin for Nexus 20 is now officially out and it supports HDR10/HDR10+ and Dolby Vision tags. I’m hoping Zidoo will now release ZDMC 20 Nexus.

5. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

Yeah. What I did is limit my menu and widgets in my homescreen. I also removed my OMDb API and enable Trakt & TMDb ratings only.

6. Edworld

Edworld Member

I couldn't use kodi without OMDb, once it loads all the ratings you are good for a while. I have not added my tvshows to ZDMC yet.

azon1951 likes this.
  7. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

As I would like ZDMC to be more responsive...I did that. I have some widgets that change everytime I think that effect performance compared to local library? I also not using blur background - less work for TMDb Helper.

8. Edworld

Edworld Member

I do not have widgets loaded and no blur used either

9. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

So I installed both regular Kodi Nexus and ZDMC on the z9x at different times and both kept crashing the machine and rebooting. Before that happened both times, I installed jurialmunkey's skins from zip file but the life of me could not figure out how to use it - in skins I only saw the two default ones listed. What am I missing? And should I even try if both zdmc 19.4 and kodi 20 keep crashing the Z9X anyways?

10. Oldpainless

B0RN likes this.
  11. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

Try to upgrade your Nexus to the latest nighty.
    https://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/android/arm/Nexus/kodi-20230219-0e7b9975-Nexus-armeabi-v7a.apk

B0RN likes this.
  12. Oldpainless

B0RN likes this.
  13. Dezed13

Dezed13 New Member

anyone using zdmc with plexkodiconnect plugin? On first check, it doesn’t seem to use the zidoo player, despite it merely being a way to import the database from plex into kodi and keep them in sync. But i didn’t bother to set up direct play so i suspect that could be the issue, i just don’t want to waste my time. If anyone has tried it and got it working, that’d be good to know!

14. karmu

karmu Member

Yes, it works, I use it with DirectPath'.
    It plays my content with both player, external and internal (Zidoo player & Kodi/ZDMC player).

Last edited: Feb 22, 2023
  15. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

I wasn't able to get it to work with the Zidoo player. I tried changing preferred playback method and tested 'Try Direct Path' and 'direct play' in PlexKodiConnect settings, but both used the ZDMC player and not the Zidoo player. Was there something else you did or are you mistaken?

Tested with ZDMC 19.4 and croneter 3.7.2. The option 'play with external player' was enabled in the ZDMC video options.

16. karmu

karmu Member

No, that's all.
    Do you use a skin, that can cause the problem?

17. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

I may be dumb as dirt but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to put on diff. skins like this on my Kodi. I installed the Kodi you linked above, Kodi 20 I believe and installed the zip file for both Arctic Z2R and jurialmunkey one but they do not show up under skins - what am I doing wrong? TIA.

18. Oldpainless

Not sure if they work under 20, as I use ZDMC 19.4.

Download his repo here: https://github.com/heppenowski/repository.heppen/raw/main/repository.heppen.zip

Go into Kodi, addons and install from Zip file. Select the file you just downloaded (from wherever you have it stored) and install. Now, his repo will show under repo sources in kodi, select his repo, then look and feel, skin, and install Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection.

Once installed, you will be able to select the above skin under interface settings etc.

B0RN likes this.
  19. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

I thought I was on stock skin as that was recommended with the setup. I will test again later.

Sorry to ask again, but have you added other shares to ZDMC and are you sure that you're not playing other shares rather than the Plex shares. I didn't add anything other than the PlexKodiConnect and they all do seem to playback using the ZDMC player and ignore the Zidoo player using that plugin on the Z9X.

20. karmu

karmu Member

No, my content is only managed with Plex server, and my Kodi uses PKC shares only.

As far as I know,mixed shares (Kodi + PKC) are not good for Kodis database ;)