Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

Well, i have the z9x, running samba on it, Using it daily with iptv, and have a synology for the mostly 4K DV tv and Film supply. 99 % it is working without a glitch, sometimes i just clear the memory with the clean up app on the main screen.
    Yes, i have to select my subs by hand ( got used to that ) and sometimes it messes up the series folders/files in the main HT screen.

But the actual streaming to a OLED LG C2 42 is working like a charm. Sometimes one has wonky rips, and sometimes these garbles HDR, but again, that is 99% the issue of the rips i noticed.

Also, i do a hard as in power off with the switch every month or so. Mostly when some browser ( FF) input is freezing.

Another thing, i also factory reset it after lets say 3 FW updates. Just backup up your HT, fact reset, and reload HT. theoretically one should do a fac reset after every FW update..but i assume hardly anyone does that.

Great product, perfect image, so happy camper here. ( and yes, the chinese covid mayhem was something else, very bad for any business )

2. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

well I'm happy with mine (if I put the performance issues aside) only using Jellyfin and IPTV app, and it always turns off when I turn off the TV so it's always "fresh" when it boots up.

3. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Same here, freezes a couple of times a day. Maybe a roll back to an earlier firmware helps?

darkeyes909 and mytich like this.
  4. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

I believe that latest released beta firmware is stable for the vast majority... so I don't think a rollback to earlier firmware should be necessary.. but with your symptoms I think I would really bite the bullet and do a factory reset. From what I have read that really can fix wonky issues like yours... curious though about your freezing.. what type of files are you playing when this happens? Any thought to it being a bad rip of some sort?

mytich likes this.
  5. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

I always do a factory reset after each firmware update.
    Thought my exernal hdd was dying but after reading multiple same issues, I think it might be a firmware issue.
    When playing 4k Full UHD and MKV Web-DL rips sometimes the picture gets dark and loading circle spins. I have to close the movie/player and restart the movie, but same happend again after a while.

I will try an earlier firmware.

6. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

I stopped... he had no response after he won his argument :D

On notes of trolling, I've been told here a few times that I was also trolling while looking for serious help and I never knocked on Zidoo or anyone but people were too busy helping others and not me it seemed like cuz I was a newbie asking noob questions I suppose. But as they saw I was contributing to/helping others as I learned they came around to help me also. They must've seen I was asking important questions and was here to stay. So this group can def. take some time to warm up to but then you also see the continuous dedication from good folks like Mike and NiceMonkey and others and well you get humble overtime. Not sure what point I'm trying to make but can say just simply bashing the device or mfg. won't get you anywhere and if that's all you are doing without asking serious questions, well then you are simply trolling.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2023
    darkeyes909 and Oldpainless like this.
  7. papajohn

papajohn New Member

I've a query re DTS HD MA not playing... doesnt detect properly then skips after a few seconds. Changing settings usually makes things worse and reduces any multi-channel to stereo. Just wondering if there's a known issue with playing the music tracks themselves.

8. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

No problems here with DTS, DTS HD-MA or X...

I assume you have an amp or soundbar that can play DTS etc, so can you post a mediainfo report of the file? Also your settings from the Zidoo audio config and your gear (TV, amp etc).

K

Last edited: Feb 10, 2023
  9. thivame

thivame Active Member

Good evening,
    there is a problem when playing series in 4k.
    Indeed with my settings
    HDR in auto;
    resolution: frame rate and resolution
    display blocked on 1080p23htz,

Here I noticed that when I watch a series that is in 4K, when I go to the next episode it goes to 1080p23htz HDR.
    Has anyone noticed the same thing?

10. papajohn

papajohn New Member

So... All looks good playing blu-rays BUT doesnt seem to play extracted DTSHD MA / Xl files individually... just skips through the tracks at 2s interval. I cant see any setting on the zidoo that would affect it but I'm totally open to options. Seems fairly limited in choices... HDMI = Raw; SPDIF= off; downmix= off; Native Sampling = EDID(auto) Feeding a Yamaha RXV-681 which managed the zapitti 4k and pch a-500 fine.

Mediainfo shows the files (many) as DTS-HD Master Audio; Thing is I've now had to reinstall my old PCH A-500 and it plays everything without a glitch; whether 6 channel or 8. I'd have thought the zidoo would surpass my aging A-500 but now I'm a tad worried. I want a device that does everything but might have to keep two now, unless I can figure out why

11. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

I confirm the bug but it needs special conditions to be reproduced. You must be on « play in order » for the play mode and to let the episode go to the end and to start the next one automatically. No such issue if the resolution is locked to 3840x2160 @23Hz, even with a TV show in 1080p (lower resolution of the files is respected by the Zidoo), or if I stop manually the episode at the end to start the next one.

12. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

If you are downloading rips from the web, then you get what you get sometimes. From what I have read most everyone in that situation has ended up finding that the file/s was bad is some way. Everything I play I rip myself and don't have any issues ... whether that be DVD, Bluray or 4K. But, indeed maybe an earlier firmware will allow playback of your files.

blenky likes this.
  13. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I pretty well run everything on auto or default settings and haven’t had any playback issues since I acquired my 3000. I do however as a habit now always strip out of every file of all unrequired languages and subtitles and then remux in mkvtoolnix. In that process I also remove any tags or embedded images so in my case I’m left with video, English audio and English subtitles, chapters if any otherwise I create same at 5 minute intervals for navigation etc. Mkvtoolnix reveals any errors in this process so for me it’s not a burden and after doing this for decades it’s no big deal.

Phil181 likes this.
  14. DaveH1

DaveH1 New Member

Anyone had an issue where the forced subtitles are a different language to the default language? My movies are full disc UHD and BD ISOs. Default language is English but for some reason Spanish forced subtitles are displayed. I've gone into settings and changed the forced subtitles to follow the default language from Auto, but it doesn't fix the issue. Is this a bug or do I have the settings incorrect? On 6.4.42_G. Zidoo Z1000 Pro. Thanks, Dave

Last edited: Feb 11, 2023
  15. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

And if you select english for the forced subtitles?

16. DaveH1

DaveH1 New Member

I selected English (Australia) and still got Spanish.

17. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Same with english (US)?

18. Netmask

I’m an Australian and never select under language Australian Always US English as it works. Same on my PC but I have to change a few things to metric.

19. DaveH1

DaveH1 New Member

Yes same with English (United States) and just tried English (Australia) whilst troubleshooting. Same UHD ISO plays correctly via the Oppo. Not a huge deal for me. Maybe a bug?

20. Netmask

Can you play a separate SRT etc file alongside an ISO file like with a mkv or mp4 etc? I wouldn't think so but?