Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Brilliant way to describe the Vertex 2 - Mr Swift can comment when he returns from holiday me thinks ;)

2. khollister

khollister Member

I am not seeing anything like these issues on my Z9X with 2K & 4K movies. I do not use standby or turn off the Z9X - I just leave it on continuously. Wired ethernet to an old QNAP NAS

mytich likes this.
  3. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I think having a local SAMBA server active on Zidoo puts additional stress and collides with Zidoo player app.

4. mytich

mytich Member

I do not turn it off neither... i guess I should do a factory reset soon if the next update doesnt fix this for me...

I don't have SMB active on zidoo tho, I am connecting to SMB share on my PC..

5. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

7 days back and still nothing, it has been way too long. Seems there putting more work into trying to sell new boxes instead of fixing what's wrong with the boxes they have already sold people.

cVVGLabs likes this.
  6. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

Not sure, but the last 2 months the whole covid thing was running overtime in China. That means offices closed and such. So i can imagine also this part of development has been delayed for a while.

So, it will come me think.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  7. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

A lot of questions and wishes to the developer have already accumulated over the entire time. But unfortunately bugs in the software are being slowly eliminated. The translation is not added to other languages, which has long been time to update.

8. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Yes, you're right. Translation is a pending issue in this project.

9. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Everyday I come in expecting a new Beta in the works but this is getting lame. They had figured out the bug and just needed to make the fix available to the public in Beta form - not sure what's taking so long. Chinese folks not doing work from home during Covid? OR just focusing on other hardware now?

I was so excited to be part of the community that had direct connections and contacts with a very active and enthusiastic Dev Team but maybe becoming the same story as every other company; spread out too thin across multiple products.

Oh well, Patience is a virtue.

Edworld, mytich and jeb0921 like this.
  10. Petga

Petga Member

Of course, it is possible that Covid Zidoo has thrown a spanner in the works. But it is also possible that the beta is bigger and/or not yet running smoothly.
    There are many possibilities why more than 3 months have passed since the last beta and there is no sign of a new beta.
    The easiest thing to do would be for Zidoo to issue a sentence or two.
    Then the users would know and would not have to speculate.
    It could be so simple.

mytich and B0RN like this.
  11. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

Why make any guesses? Let's call a spade a spade. All of us present were simply thrown for money. Draw conclusions is it worth buying these products from this manufacturer? The functions that are stated as reading the BLU - To menu do not work properly despite a bunch of released firmware, the same DUNE has no problems with this.
    Translation of the menu into other languages - it simply does not exist, despite the fact that they are posted by translators. You and I are not put in anything.

12. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Dune probably doesnt have the Picture Quality that Z9X has.

13. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

Well, of course not. Do you have their top product? I think not. Then why is your question about the fact that they have no quality? I personally have already regretted 10 times that I bought ZIDOO 3000UHD / Rare slag in terms of support and problem solving. So the image of DUNE is not almost worse and there are no problems.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
    Edworld likes this.
  14. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

You are correct, you win.

Oldpainless likes this.
  15. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Don't feed em....

16. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

really? Are you serious?

17. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

Yes, I thought it was just mine starting to fail, cuz nobody else mentioned it.

mytich likes this.
  18. mytich

mytich Member

You're not alone anymore xD lets hope our boxes are okay and the next firmware fixes everything!

darkeyes909 likes this.
  19. Petga

Petga Member

It is very easy and convenient to declare someone who has a different opinion and also represents it a troll. Then you don't have to deal with criticism, you don't have to justify anything.
    But this method is very popular at the moment.

20. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

And even that is a very different opinion to the ones held by experienced members on here.

First this forum is a User Forum not one organised by Zidoo. It survives by members helping each other politely and respectfully. In recent months there have been what seems an ever growing group of members hell bent on knocking Zidoo, whatever experienced members may say. It isn't a case of holding a different opinion per se as they are disrespecting the view or views held by the experienced member. Often their first posts are antagonistic, rude in some cases and clearly demonstrate they haven't done any research before posting.

The very experienced members particularly are always eager to help but if someone comes in with an issue they have, slagging off Zidoo, particularly if they are rude, then appreciate 2 things: - 1. You probably will not get a response and 2. Depending on the level of rudeness you will be warned by a Moderator and possibly banned.

Let's all be kind to each other please.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2023
    darkeyes909, mytich, Phil181 and 3 others like this.