UHD3000: Cannot access Web HT

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by Netmask, Aug 14, 2021.

1. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

SOLVED: I'm still on firmware version v6.3.22 and no changes to my PC have happened. I can no longer access the web browser on my PC for the web version of HT. The address I have for it is http://192.168.x.xx:9528/pc/

Would appreciate some comment and help. I have rebooted the Zidoo several times and powered down etc.

Also my Netgear Genie shows this address as 'Off line' The Zidoo 3000 is on and working normally?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
  2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Can you ping the IP address from a command prompt?

Are you using DHCP and has the IP address changed? (check in HT4 settings/about)

Netmask likes this.
  3. Netmask

Yes I do use DHCP and indeed the IP address changed up one digit! Fixed. Thanks

Markswift2003 likes this.
  4. audiom3

audiom3 Member

Posting here rather than starting a new thread. I cannot for the life of me, access HT4 since upgrading my PC and now running Win11. I rebooted router, switch and even assigned a static IP for the UHD3000 and all I can get is this menu:

[​IMG]

5. audiom3

audiom3 Member

If I click on pc or mobile, I get a 404 error, file not found. Ping from a cmd prompt returns "Ping request could not find host 192.168.50.12:9528. Please check the name and try again."

I can ping the Zidoo without the port though. Did I or something, somehow close the HT4 port? How would I go about enabling it again? Thanks.

6. Netmask

Did you turn off DHCP in the Zidoo under Network/Ethernet ?

Screenshot_20230205-144520.png

7. audiom3

audiom3 Member

@Netmask I tried with DHCP enabled and disabled. But I prefer enabled because I always reserve addresses within my router. Thanks.

8. Netmask

Is it working?

My advice when I had a similar problem was to leave DHCP on in the router, give my devices like the Zidoo a fixed address in the router and definitely turn off DHCP in the Zidoo.
    My problem fixed. My sources in the Zidoo would periodically show "expired" and access to the web interface didn't work same as yours.

Check the address in the Windows icon that brings up the windows web interface and check that it hasn't changed from your assigned IP address in the Zidoo and your PC Network shares. It doesn't seem logical having 2 independent DHCP activities going on when you have fixed the IP address in the router for the Zidoo but leaving the DHCP on to do it's own thing in Zidoo!

9. audiom3

audiom3 Member

@Netmask no, it is not working. As I mentioned, I have tried static within the Zidoo and dynamic (and reserving the address from within my router). Neither works. And naturally, I have 100% confirmed the address within the Zidoo, my router and the web address in Windows. As mentioned earlier, I can ping the Zidoo perfectly fine at the designated static IP address. Do you also have a UHD3000 and are you on FW v6.4.42? Thanks for your input.

10. Netmask

As per my signature. Yes a UHD3000 and v6.4.42 _G I haven’t got Win 11 yet, possibly in a couple of weeks. In my QNAP all devices are set above .200 and are in the reserved section of my Router. All odd things like house automation and iPads/iPhones etc below .200
    On my Zidoo I have entered the IP address as 192. 168.1.218 its fixed address and then turned off DHCP on the Zidoo (only) so the Zidoo and any peripherals plugged into the Zidoo appear under shares on my PC at this address. Maybe there is a network setting in Win 11 that is the culprit?

11. audiom3

audiom3 Member

I see your sig now from my work PC, thanks. I post from my phone 99% of the time and signatures do not show via Android.

I've left the Zidoo on static and will try again tonight. Something just doesn't seem right. I stream everything in my network too. I enabled Network sharing, etc when I first fired up Win11. Roon works flawlessly to my Bridge/DAC as does JRiver. JR is on the same Win11 machine and the signal path is nearly identical to where the Zidoo is located (ie they both run through the same two switches). So if something in Windows or my router wasn't right, they'd be the first things to fail (connection).
    I really appreciate your input. I hope there are others with a UHD3000 and Windows 11 who would chime in... I wouldn't care except I have the entire Loony Tunes Golden Collection to rematch/fix. It is perfect within Plex but Zidoo doesn't recognize a single episode. I labeled them all in folders by years and episodes and I would rather rematch them then try and figure out how to label them solely for Zidoo.

12. audiom3

audiom3 Member

@Markswift2003 @Nice Monkey could one of you please check into this? It is growing old, fast. I really need to get web access back. I know I'm using the proper credentials. Something else is up here! Thanks gents.

13. Netmask

When you say you have left Zidoo on static does this mean you have turned Auto (DHCP) in the Zidoo Ethernet/Network set up page to the OFF position or is it still activated?

14. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Indeed OFF and forced in the router for a fixed IP address.

15. audiom3

audiom3 Member

@Netmask yes, DHCP slider is OFF in the Zidoo.

16. audiom3

audiom3 Member

Anything on this issue, guys? I am fairly certain it has nothing to do with my network or setup.

Why does scanning this off my OLED (HT4 About):
    [​IMG]

Take me here:
    [​IMG]

If I click mobile or PC, all I get is that Error 404 code. I am absolutely certain the Zidoo is at this IP address. So what gives please?

17. audiom3

audiom3 Member

The miles and miles of computer code is cool and all but I am fairly certain that Zidoo did not intend this to be accessed by users from the HT4 web port!

18. Markswift2003

No, they didn't - it's a directory listing instead of the web server.

Seems like the web server app isn't running for some reason - I'd take a backup of HT, take a note of video settings etc and do a factory reset.

19. audiom3

audiom3 Member

I was afraid of that, @Markswift2003. Thanks. One other question about backing up HT4. I use the backup function regularly, is that all I need to do to save the selected poster for each movie and the collection it's in? I've created DC and Marvel which were a fair amount of work. I prefer not to export which adds thousands of files onto my NAS. Thanks.

20. Markswift2003

At the moment, the backup uses default online resources for posters so custom posters are lost. I've asked for this to be changed.

Poster art takes up very little space so I highly recommend exporting posters as a matter of course and you can then use a combination of backup and local resources to get you back to exactly where you were.

@OlivierQC created a nice video on this:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/zidoo-video-tutorial.93354/page-3#post-181858

Last edited: Feb 11, 2023