SACD ISO prblems

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by Carlton Kid, Jan 6, 2023.

1. Korvenwin

Korvenwin Member

I've forgotten Roon for multichannel. I think it is very hard (or expensive) to get it working.

UHD3000 is not streaming native DSD 2ch nor 6ch. The internal DAC doesnt

Chinoppo can do both type of streaming via HDMI from SACD isos although should be open as a video ISO after setting the NativeDSD option on setting. At this point, the raw stream is sent to the AVR where it is converted to analog. I prefer the conversion on AVR because the DAC will be better than Chinoppo's
    Hi. Chinoppo is a clone of the original Oppo 205. The firmware is exactly the same, although the hardware is not exact, but very similar. It supports SACD (sterero and multichannel) and DVD-Audio. Both of them can be stream via HDMI.

I've ordered M9203 and the total cost delivered to Spain si 520 euros. I don't know if I will pay duties, although the seller assures me that it won't pay.

As a controller app there is an old Oppo Controller app compatible, but it is not update in years. My intention is to keep Zidoo for video and use the Chinoppo only for hi-res audio.

2. Carlton Kid

Carlton Kid New Member

I agree if you can get the DAC at the end of the chain then it should yield the best results but it will come down to just how good your AVR is. Since getting rid of my old Meridian setup in 2019 I have had a number of AVRs from Marantz, Yamaha, and Denon. They were all lacking. I now have a £14k Lyngdorf MP60 which is incredible but could still be better so I got the Auralic G1 and RME DAC so bypassing the Lyngdorf completely for 2ch totally lossless streaming and the sound is better than the Lyngdorf. Do you have ROON and if so does the signal path into your AVR (Assuming its Roon Certified and not just Roon Tested,Airplay only) shows lossless or does ROON have to process the stream before it reaches your AVR ? The NEO S suffers from a huge catalogue of design problems but once you put that aside it does stream MCH SACD isos perfectly over HDMI at 5.1ch 24/176 into the Lyngdorf. For 2ch the NEO S DAC is every bit as good as my Auralic RME combo and costing almost a ⅓ the price. If I could find a one box solution that actually does not have all the bugs of all the Zidoo boxes have I would be happy to pay more. I'm still keen to know how the chinoppo performs but even at the price I feel it is an expensive option just for MCH isos. I may look at the chinoppo if I do end up returning the NEO S

3. witchdoctor

witchdoctor Member

Has anyone figured out hot to stream Tidal Atmos music into a receiver from the Zidoo?

4. Carlton Kid

Carlton Kid New Member

I doubt that will ever happen, I have been trying to stream MCH from Quobuz but Zidoo boxes only support 2ch streaming

5. witchdoctor

witchdoctor Member

Thanks @Carlton Kid , I have been using a Sony BRP for MCH SACD so looks like that will continue for now.

6. Carlton Kid

Carlton Kid New Member

All the Zidoo boxes are capable of playing MCH SACD ISOs at high quality 176/24. I have tested this with the cheap Z9x and the NEO S over HDMI. The boxes have the hardware but no working firmware that supports it.

7. Korvenwin

Korvenwin Member

A simple FireTV stick can stream Atmos music.

8. witchdoctor

witchdoctor Member

The firestick will pass the atmos signal, but in my rig it sounds a bit muffled/compressed. I have been trying to avoid an ATV4K because I don't use that ecosystem but may have to relent.