Zidoo Music Player Limitations?

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by Jurgen Payne, Dec 28, 2022.

1. Jurgen Payne

Jurgen Payne New Member

Hey there Guys,

I am starting to love it! my newly purchased Zidoo Z9X however I have attached a small SSD HDD to the USB 3.0 port and on that drive, I have about 120 albums of MP3 music, but when I open the Music Player app I can only see about 100 of these albums, is there a limit as to how many albums you can import (Scan) into this application as I would love to load hundreds more albums but there is no point if I cannot see them all

Many thanks for any help \ advice in advance guys

Jurgen

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Not that I've noticed - I've got 9,726 albums...

Are they all tagged correctly?

3. Jurgen Payne

Jurgen Payne New Member

Yeah, they are tagged well as I am a bit fanatical about these things lol

However I have just checked again and it would appear that if I use the Zidoo music player through the Zidoo GUI they are all showing, so it seems it's only on the Zidoo Controller App on my Android phone where they do not all show so I am not sure what the problem there is now?

4. Jurgen Payne

Jurgen Payne New Member

Having played around with this a little more it would appear that if I use the Android phone app to run the Music Player I can search any album and it will find it however on the Album screen it will not show every album that is available which is a little annoying

Again using the on-screen version of the music player all works fine

So again it looks to be an issue with the Android Phone Zidoo Controller App

5. Jurgen Payne

Jurgen Payne New Member

Hi everyone,

I have just changed things up in that I am now mapping to my Music share on my QNAP NAS and its scanning the location but on the "Zidoo Controller" App on my phone it's not bringing everything into the application under the folder view, this was working for a time but once again it will scan the network location but not everything comes through to the phone app

All the albums are tagged really well (as I say it was working for a time) is anyone else having issues with albums \ scanning in the Zidoo controller app?

Many thanks

6. witchdoctor

witchdoctor Member

If you are using the Zidoo for music it works great via USB into a nice DAC. I wasn't expecting much as I got this primarily for video and android apps but WOW, super clean as a transport and better than the dedicated audio transports I use via USB.

Jurgen Payne likes this.
  7. Emil1274

Emil1274 New Member

Hi.
    Tell me what DAC you are using.
    I connected Audioquest Dragonfly and the sound does not come out of it

8. witchdoctor

witchdoctor Member

I am using the Sony TA-ZH1ES DAC via the USB connection.

9. Emil1274

Emil1274 New Member

THX.

10. Archie Mac

Archie Mac New Member

I am also having a strange problem with MP 7.0. I have added around 650 albums and ALL of them have had the track 1 stripped out and it has been added separately as an unknown track in an unknown album. Bizarrely, these unknown albums all have the correct artwork showing. I am a newbie to MP, but have been using HT 4 for a year or so. Any help much appreciated!

11. Tim Brown

Tim Brown New Member

I had the same problem. Turned out the embedded tags for the first track contained the correct album artist while the remain tracks had that tag blank. I used tag scanner to add the album artist to all the tracks and then did a rescan. Problem gone.
    In your case it may be a different tag, but I'll wager that track one has at least one tag different from the rest.

12. Archie Mac

Archie Mac New Member

Yep...'cept mine was the other way around. The 1st track on all albums were "unknown". These were all CDs ripped by Windows Media Player on 'auto rip'. I've moved to a different ripper now which saves all info properly. Unfortunately, I have now had to get to know MP3TAG to repair all of the others. At least that makes the job a tad less of a chore. o_O
    Anyone know if you can save collections/Genres ? (Soul, Reggae, Jazz etc)

13. Archie Mac

Archie Mac New Member

Has this software really reached version 7 without the ability to organize albums into genres or collections? If that's the case can anyone recommend software that can do that? (And be downloaded onto the Z9x)