How to switch off ALLSHARE

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by Karl Urfurt, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Karl Urfurt

Karl Urfurt New Member

2. Karl Urfurt

Karl Urfurt New Member

Update:

uninstalled HappyCast: problems remains
    uninstalled ZUICast (using root explorer of ES file Manager> uninstall system app): problem remains

So neither of these 2 apps are responsible for AllShare

3. Karl Urfurt

Karl Urfurt New Member

Update:

uninstalled eHomeTheater the same way as ZUICast: problems remain
    uninstalled that Chinese program (whatever it is for) the same was as ZUICast: problems remain

4. Karl Urfurt

Karl Urfurt New Member

Update:

uninstalled Home Theater the same way as ZUICast: problems remain

5. Karl Urfurt

Karl Urfurt New Member

Had a chat with HoaSs and now have sent an email detailing this discussion to freeroc who's at Zidoo. Let's see if a get a response at all............

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

fingers crossed

7. Karl Urfurt

Karl Urfurt New Member

well i hope you're not planning on using those fingers for a while, as i don't expect any reply soon. It's been over a week and no response !

8. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

at this point you should probably also contact Foxtel Go, there is also there job to make there app compatible with more devices

9. Karl Urfurt

Karl Urfurt New Member

Sorry, but i'm NOT getting into that nonsense just because Zidoo doesn't bother to do anything.

That'll become your typical "it's you and not me" pointing fingers at each other and in the mean time nothing gets done.

The basis of the problem is that Zidoo has something switched on by default, which should be optional and hence be switched OFF by default. In short this is related to the HARDware (i.e. Zidoo's box and OS) and not the APPLICATION used (i.e. Foxtel Go).

nice159 likes this.
  10. Karl Urfurt

Karl Urfurt New Member

Just had an auto update to the next firmware 1.0.43, hopeful that something may have been added/fixed regarding the ALLSHARE issue. However, NOTHING has changed and also i'm still waiting for a response to my message (aroung the 13th of December 2016 mark) when i contacted someone inside Zidoo.

Sadly i think we have to conclude that THEY don't care (at all). HoaSS has been willing to listen, but he doesn't work for Zidoo.............

nice159 likes this.
  11. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Karl Urfurt, have you tried to "eradicate" AllShare after rooting X6 ?
    When rooted (with some other app) you should be able to do almost anything.
    Maybe I'm wrong...

12. Karl Urfurt

Karl Urfurt New Member

I always re-root after updating (using the method on this forum). Let me ensure you no settings or uninstalling programs fix this ! I have been there done that. It has to be some inherent to the Zidoo base OS, and that is switched ON by default, which absolutely drives me bonkers. Who buys a car with the engine running by default !? it's just insanity.

However you're right that root gives you pretty much access to just about everything, so in short there must be something somewhere i might be able to access. But keep in mind access does not necessarily lead to success. Certain things are put in by the manufacturer as "read-only", i.e. you may be able to change a setting, even save it, but after reopening the file in question you'll see a re-set to whathever it was before you changed it.

A typical example of this is the HDMI on/off setting. You can change it all you want to OFF, save it and believe you've fixed the problem..... only to find it doesn't work. Once you re-open that file you'll see it's back to ON. These things are build in the base OS by the manufacturer, THEY have to switch these things OFF by default for it to work, as a lot of them are build-in as "read-only".

So root access does not guarantee success. I wish it was the case i'd fix it myself

nice159 likes this.
  13. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

As usual, an answer from Zidoo is warmly welcome!

14. Karl Urfurt

Karl Urfurt New Member

and we're still waiting for a response, ANY response..............

15. Karl Urfurt

Karl Urfurt New Member

several updates later, still awaiting this flippin' Allshare nonsense to be fixed !