Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

You are right of course but the interaction between the LG and my Zidoo isn't ;)

2. AxeYou

AxeYou New Member

On v6.4.42, it seems that 2160p 25Hz output is not working correctly. My LG C1 reports 24Hz instead. This happens in both the settings app and when playing real 25fps content.
    IMG_4052.jpg

In case it matters, I'm following Markswift2003's recommended color settings: Display/Color Settings/4K 23~30Hz: Priority YUV444 10BIT

Interesting notes:
    - With a 2021 Apple TV 4K connected to the same TV, I can set a 2160p 25Hz output and the TV confirms 25Hz. Although this is in YCbCr 4:4:4 8-bit.
    IMG_4053.jpg

- The Zidoo can correctly output 1080p @ 25Hz, so 25Hz output itself works.
    IMG_4054.jpg

- The Zidoo can also correctly output 2160p @ 30Hz in YCbCr 4:4:4 10-bit, so this shouldn't be an HDMI bandwidth issue.
    IMG_4055.jpg

I don't know if this also affects the stable release or previous betas.

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Really odd.

4K25 works fine here..

upload_2023-1-11_9-20-26.png

upload_2023-1-11_9-19-40.png

What do you see when you press the "info" button?

4. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Agreed. The LG C2\G2 is a great TV to use with a Zidoo. But you really have to get into the service menu and turn off the auto dimming that occurs in long dark scenes. It's been an issue for years with LG.

5. milay

milay New Member

Hello,
    just a minor thingy on Z9X ( drives me mad :) a me problem, but still )
    can you include a fix in next patch of the wrong labeled subtitles and audio streams recognition codes for Slovakia and Slovenia?
    I believe the main issue is on SLO label. Should be recognized as Slovakian language, but instead it says Slovenian.
    But that is only me guessing. Please check the codes.
    Thank you.
    Appreciated.
    Screenshot_20230111_213838.png

mytich likes this.
  6. Petga

Petga Member

I don't see that my UHD3000 is advertised with a Weather APP anywhere on the Zidoo homepage:

https://www.zidoo.tv/Product/index/model/UHD3000/target/JslBV16DI5FKKmVViAFMcQ==.html

As much as I respect the desire of some users for a working Weather APP, I think that Ziodoo will first make sure that the advertised features work in the next updates:

„*Complete BD/BD3D/UHD Blu-ray menu playback and Blu-ray seamless branching playback are supported.”

Markus2121 and cVVGLabs like this.
  7. AxeYou

AxeYou New Member

Thanks for looking into this, Mark!

When I press "info" Zidoo reports 25 Hz.
    IMG_4056.jpg

I then managed to run the refresh rate test on testufo and it reported 25 fps, 25 Hz.
    IMG_4063.jpg

I also took two video recordings at 24 fps from my phone. One when the Zidoo was set to 4K 24, and the other when it was set to 4K 25. On the video recording 4K 25 output at 24 fps, I can see minor flickering, which is absent on the one recording 4K 24 output. I'm not 100% sure this is a valid way to determine refresh rate though, because I also recorded 30 Hz and 60 Hz outputs at 24 fps and didn't notice any flickering.

I see 3 possibilities:
    1. Zidoo is correctly outputting 25 Hz. LG reports it wrong, but displays at 25 Hz correctly.
    2. Zidoo is outputting 25 Hz. LG actually displays at 24 Hz.
    3. Zidoo is incorrectly outputting 24 Hz. LG therefore displays 24 Hz.

I'm leaning towards #1, but I'd be curious to understand why LG would report it wrong, seeing that it works fine with an Apple TV. (To mirror the ATV, I also tested YCbCr 4:4:4 8-bit on the Zidoo, and LG again reported 24 Hz.)

I don't see how the TV would handle #2. It has to keep up with the 25 Hz signal, so it either needs to drop on average 1 frame every second, or internally perform a 25 Hz to 24 Hz conversion (akin to NTSC to PAL conversion of old?). My understanding is either will produce noticeable motion artifacts, but I didn't see any in real content.

My 24 fps video recordings seem to rule out #3.

Odd indeed.

8. Markswift2003

So yes, you're right the phone test doesn't really tell you anything - the record/playback refreshes are different and there would be frame sync issues regardless.

The Zidoo is definitely putting out 25Hz but what the hell the LG is doing to that goodness knows!!

It can't be EDID otherwise neither the Zidoo nor the ATV would allow 25Hz (and I loaded a C1 EDID to make sure 25Hz was output - it was!).

I'm certain the Zidoo is outputting 25Hz and the TV is displaying 25Hz but reporting incorrectly - borne out by the UFO test.

As to why the ATV reports correctly I have no idea...

My JVC projector always reports 24Hz for 23.976 and my Samsung often, but not always, gets refresh and HDR modes wrong, so it's not unusual. One of the many reasons I use HDFury devices - so I know exactly what's going on regardless of what everything else says..

AxeYou likes this.
  9. WAYFLLIX

WAYFLLIX New Member

Does the DV VS10 for ALL Content setting not stick for anyone else? It always resets to Auto for me after boot.

10. AxeYou

AxeYou New Member

Thanks as always for the help, Mark!

I also tested a 25 fps swinging pendulum pattern last night. When Zidoo was forced to 25 Hz or when match frame rate is on, there was no visible judder. On the other hand, when Zidoo was forced to 24 Hz, there was noticeable frame skipping. So, yeah, 25 Hz should be working.

Re. HDFury: At one point I was entertaining the idea of getting one. I just wish they made a cheaper & basic model that can display and manipulate HDMI signal metadata. I really have no use for the scaling/splitting/matrix stuff.

11. Markswift2003

I don't use them for scaling/splitting or matrixing - they're worth every penny just for diagnostics and also for EDID manipulation. But yeah, they are expensive..

12. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Do they help any for someone with a C9 OLED? I'd love to keep sending the Z9X through the Denon 8500 (for Denon OSD) but get rid of these massively annoying no signal screens, especially in a completely dark environment its blinding me for good over time lol Going straight to C9 almost eliminates the no signal screen but then I loose Denon info.
    I may be willing to spend a $200-250 bucks if I can achieve this with a device like that.

13. Markswift2003

I assume you mean HDMI resyncs, in which case no, the only way to reduce them is to reduce the number of times the Zidoo has to resync HDMI.

B0RN likes this.
  14. mytich

mytich Member

Hi there, I already made a topic/post about this more than a month back and got no reply sadly, lets hope devs saw it at least! :)

Btw, are you slovenian or slovakian if you don't mind me asking? :D

15. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

@Markswift2003 - Hey Mark, any word on anything coming out before this Sunday?

blenky likes this.
  16. Markswift2003

Sorry - nothing at all - been very quiet recently...

Oldpainless likes this.
  17. xskip

xskip Active Member

Zidoo:

"Happy Chinese New Year.
    We will close from Jan 15th (Sunday) to Jan 28th (Saturday)."

18. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

I thought before Chinese New Year was the goal, guess there won't be a release then if closed until the 28th.

19. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

Well, considering China's current COVID crisis, this shouldn't come as a big surprise.

darky_zidoo, Netmask and blenky like this.
  20. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Are you saying the Zidoo team is based in China? I was under the impression they were in Europe or the like because of some the content/website they have. Sorry if this is common knowledge. Guess the mention of whole Chinese New Year would make sense.