Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. bkwashby

bkwashby New Member

Found a minor bug with the music player app. When lyrics aren't automatically found or you try to search lyrics for a song manually, all words in the title/artist field have to start with capitals or it won't find any lyrics.

2. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

------------

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : HEVC
    Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
    Format profile : Main 10@L5.1@Main
    HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.08.06, BL+RPU, HDR10 compatible / SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version 1, HDR10+ Profile B compatible
    Codec ID : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
    Duration : 48 min 47 s
    Bit rate : 14.3 Mb/s
    Width : 3 840 pixels
    Height : 2 160 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Variable
    Frame rate : 23.976 FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
    Bit depth : 10 bits
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.072
    Stream size : 4.87 GiB (93%)
    Default : Yes
    Forced : No
    Color range : Limited
    Color primaries : BT.2020
    Transfer characteristics : PQ
    Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
    Mastering display color primaries : Display P3
    Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0001 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2
    Maximum Content Light Level : 659 cd/m2
    Maximum Frame-Average Light Level : 87 cd/m2

-------

Is dvhe.08.06 the cuprit? I checked some DV UHDs that worked fine and they all show dvhe.07.06.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
  3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yeah probably - that's what I was looking for...

dvhe.08 is Profile 8 and can be problematic if not created correctly while dvhe.07 is Profile 7 used in UHD BluRays.

dvhe.08 is Base Layer + RPU and dvhe.07 is Base Layer + Enhancement Layer + RPU.

A lot of bright sparks seem to think it's a good idea to produce "hybrid" files with UHD BD sourced video based on HDR10(+) and RPUs from Profile 5 (dvhe.05) streamed sources and as I say this can be problematic. Assuming this is the source of the file, then yes, that's probably the issue. I've certainly not come across any issue with correctly mastered Dolby compliant DV files.

xskip and AngryVirginian like this.
  4. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

45D51491-B751-4B1B-8BB1-5A728128318F.jpeg Is there a tick box option to remove the Blue inf box without having to down size poster wall ?

5. Markswift2003

Yes - in preferences:

upload_2023-1-9_10-36-41.png

DELUCAS likes this.
  6. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Thanks Mark get my sister off my back ;)

7. Markswift2003

:)

8. Chirita Laurentiu

Chirita Laurentiu New Member

Now, I think i brick the box after restore procedure. Stuck on hello mesage :(

Attached Files:

9. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Frankly speaking the weather app seems to be a decoration widget but if it fails, Zidoo should consider to remove it. o_O

xskip likes this.
  10. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I have HLG d/ls of HDM - as contains 5.1 audio unlike BBC iPlayer. Looks fine to me. I'll post some images later.

11. Vemks

Vemks New Member

12. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Attached are 2 photos taken of HDM S3E6 at about the 6mins mark. One using the app on my LG and the other from a d/l. To me both looked very similar and perfectly fine. I do find BBC HLG a little contrasty but still very good. The Zidoo is playing in auto for the HLG - not using V10

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2023
  13. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

mine looks close to that on that particular timepoint in hlg via z9x i think its cause its mostly a white screen with few colours
    it would be interesting to see a pic from s01e01 at the 14:01 time i posted from which has loads of shadows along with the bright lantern flarings etc

14. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I was on vacation and didn't get a chance to test this until today.
    I used Color Control app instead of service remote. Links and article here.
    This article talks about TPC/GSR function with screenshots of service menu. Link here.
    House of the Dragon episode 7 is a killer for OLED dimming. I had to use subtitles to prevent the screen from going black gray to nothing visible. My old 2016 OLED had only TPC. Turning it off made a world of difference. Static images don't dim anymore but this was never my problem. My OLED output is not at full capacity anyway. It's too bright (blinding) at night with the lights off.
    Thanks a lot @Gilgamesh and @Eleonor for pointing it out. I didn't know what was causing it. I thought that it was some poor implementation on early DV dynamic contrast.

litlgi74 and rozel like this.
  15. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Attached screen shot from LG C2 iPlayer and d/l version played on the Zidoo. Both in HLG.

Attached Files:

16. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Ta
    so definitly issue looks to be panasonic via the hdmi shame still ,its easy to watch the odd tv epi direct to pana rather than z9x

17. Onwrathz

Onwrathz New Member

I can back that up that turning off TPC/GSR for the recent LG OLEDs is a must do. Especially with some low light content. Watching Willow series when they were fighting in episode 3 if I remember correctly was a black smudge. Once I changed those settings I could actually make out whom was fighting. Night and day difference no pun intended.

18. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

This was not a problem few years back when all scenes were bright. New cameras and use of extended dynamic range allow for dark scenes with a lot of details. This is triggering dimming on LG OLED TV's. Even opening scene on Eternals has this issue. If the TV is not hitting pick brightness every 20s or so it starts to dim the screen. It's slow and not noticeable at first since eyes will adjust automatically but after a while it's just hard to see what's on the screen. It appears to be effecting all LG OLED TVs. Mine is 2016 model.

Onwrathz likes this.
  19. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Well in last few days I've joined the OLED fold with an LG G2 and all this 3-letter abbreviation stuff is doing my head in lol! But yes I think I need to gen up on all this - thanks for the head's up

20. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

It’s off the topic in this thread and even Zidoo forum but a lot of people have LG OLED TVs. You can spend time calibrating TV and tweaking Zidoo and then this dimming sh…. happens ;)
    It’s good to be aware of this issue.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2023
    Onwrathz likes this.